Coalfield

Rook2

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think it would be a stretch to say a team that finished 5th in the district will jump all the way to second based on the inclusion of one player. Don't get me wrong, I've seen Jordan firsthand and she is very good, but I still think there are teams in the district (Oakdale and Wartburg) that have enough to hold off the Yellow Jackets another year. Still, thats why they throw it up!

Kaz /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

I think that coalfield could get to 2nd or 3rd no doubt. I feel like they will be a very talented team. They will have a dominant PG in Landrum, Good defenders in Elsea, they have another little guard that can shoot, Olivia can flat out score, and Jordan who is their wildcard. However, I cant see Wartburg not being in the mix to move up from their finish this season.

OS

Oakdale

Wartburg

Coalfield

Oneida

Sunbright

With some luck and kids buying in to Coach Davis and his style I could see the dogs getting in to the finals...and to Borat I stand corrected on Jason's Coaching style the run and gun was born this year out of material not coach davis and his desire to run. O.S. is going to be pretty good next year they are hands down first place.

I think Coalfield will finish second in the district behind Oliver Springs. I can't see any way that the amount of talent they have could finish otherwise. Coach Hines is probably the best coach in the District. Jordan will be amazing from the get go!

Coach Hines the best coach in the district???

Not to take anything away from Carmen, but you seem to be forgetting that Fred Snow is still coaching in this district. He's the best coach in the district, hands down.

---rSquared

rSquared,

I do think that Snow is a terrific coach. I just feel that Carmen has been the second best for 4 or 5 years now. I think that this group of kids could be her best display of coaching since they seem to have alot of the necessary parts to the puzzle she's going to come in to her own. I'm not trying to put the Oakdale coach down at all. Just think that she's (Carmen) is a very good coach.

She did do a great job with a Freshman loaded team this season! She could have easily made it to the regional tourney.

How do you see the dist shaking out at this early juncture?

I think that the topic is how will Coalfield be next year not who is the best coach in the district.

But since I'm here My vote would go to Coach Snow but Charlie I think that Carmen is second to nobody. I dont think either coach is a pushover. I didn't see as much improvement in Oakdale or Coalfield as I usually do during a ball year.

I thnk Coalfield will be as good as any team in their district next year.

OZ- lost all of their post players but still has Kayla

Oakdale- Keeps everyone from last year should be very good

Coalfield- Lost 1 senior very good underclassmen should be very good

Warburg- Lost 1 senoir very good uperclassmen team but with a new coach who knows.

Oneida- Lost all but 3 kids that got to play will have to rebuild next year

Sunbright- Lost 3 seniors but still needs to learn how to win should compete with Oneida and maybe an upset from 1 of the top 3 teams.

I feel like the district from 2-4 will be a toss up! That said, I think Coalfield will miss Walls quite a bit. Jordan is not ready to contribute the way she did just yet!

I felt that the Walls girl was one of the better guards in the district. She was tough and experienced in big games. I just dont think Jordan is there just yet. However, she is a great athlete.