Is Hampton

pujo

QUOTE(pujo @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:56 AM) 826414101[/snapback]I think Hampton will be better in sone areas and not quite as good in others. Defense should be stronger , line play on both sides should be very good. Running game should be real strong , got to find a few people to throw the ball to. If the kids keep working this summer ,and I'm sure they will, this could be one of the best teams Hampton has ever had. I'm ready for some Football.

then it will be time for coach lunceford to leave ride'em high leave'em low north carolina's where he'll go.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(pujo @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:24 AM) 826414117[/snapback]I think they had 7 seniors, lost 4 that played both ways. They only lost one guy that can't be replaced, Jonathon Lyons, receiver and defensive back. Can't really count Adam Townsend because he was hurt and couldn't play about the last 7 games.

Is that big lineman still there?

QUOTE(Bulldog With Bite! @ Mar 16 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826414263[/snapback]Yes he is. I think you're talking about Steven Roop. He will be a senior. He is a mountain of a man.

He had really good size and some suprising speed actually. If the Hampton coaches could get him to keep his body closer to the ground when he fires off then there wouldn't be a lineman in 1A football that could block him without just trying to chop block.

QUOTE(FCSprideatUT @ Mar 16 2007 - 03:32 PM) 826414325[/snapback]He had really good size and some suprising speed actually. If the Hampton coaches could get him to keep his body closer to the ground when he fires off then there wouldn't be a lineman in 1A football that could block him without just trying to chop block.

When I saw Hampton warming up I thought they were the slowest looking team I had ever seen. They really were a lot quicker than they looked. I think having a real big guy made them look unbalanced or something. The big man was strong and pretty quick but you nailed it...he tried to play high and out muscle his guy. He needs to play lower

QUOTE(zonepirate @ Mar 16 2007 - 06:02 PM) 826414547[/snapback]When I saw Hampton warming up I thought they were the slowest looking team I had ever seen. They really were a lot quicker than they looked. I think having a real big guy made them look unbalanced or something. The big man was strong and pretty quick but you nailed it...he tried to play high and out muscle his guy. He needs to play lower

They were not only alot quicker than i thought but also alot faster (yes there is a difference and some people know that). I would love to see how they could opperate out of an I backfield with a split reciever or two.... or really anything without a tight end in their that forces the defense to honor the possible pass threat and move an outside linebacker to split the difference. You know, just basic things to open up some lanes for the tailbacks.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(molesniper @ Mar 16 2007 - 08:28 AM) 826413879[/snapback]sniff sniff and so are the days of our lives.give everyone a hug and lets lift,ha ha ha ha ha ha ha .....................................you got to want it.

Yeah sniff sniff that is all you will be doing come this fall. When Hampton kicks the sh?t out of Unaka's football team by 50 points. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Then you can take the ride home wineing and crying the whole way saying that we had a chance. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Which you never had. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just go back to the stoned creek and eat some dohnuts to take care of the munchies that you will have.

QUOTE(pujo @ Mar 14 2007 - 10:35 PM) 826412447[/snapback]From what I've been hearing things are going really good,like to know how many kids are working. Look for a big year out of Dustin Jaynes, he is paying the price for a big season.

Good to hear pujo, I've been away for a while. Thought I'd take a gander around Coach Tee this afternoon since the rain moved in. Hope the winter was good to you boys out far East this yr.... It's good to hear things are moving right along with Hamptons program... Things are fairly quiet around here. The Jackets are going through there normal off season preperations. the season will be here before they know it. Last yr left us with a bad tast.. just wish we could have held up our end of the deal last yr & met you guys on the feild again.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still around..

QUOTE(Ole3putt @ May 5 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826452532[/snapback]Good to hear pujo, I've been away for a while. Thought I'd take a gander around Coach Tee this afternoon since the rain moved in. Hope the winter was good to you boys out far East this yr.... It's good to hear things are moving right along with Hamptons program... Things are fairly quiet around here. The Jackets are going through there normal off season preperations. the season will be here before they know it. Last yr left us with a bad tast.. just wish we could have held up our end of the deal last yr & met you guys on the feild again.

Just wanted to let you know I'm still around..

Ole3putt, good to hear everything if going good with you. I'm sure Trousdale will be a handful next season. I fully expect Hampton to be a strong contender this season. Ithink the work ethic has got a little better every year. They are definately going to be HUGE. They have worked hard on trying to get quicker,if it has mproved,they will be hard to beat. With all 1a teams, staying healthy is a major key. With a little luck, we may get to host you fellers again. GOOD LUCK.

QUOTE(HAMPTON @ May 5 2007 - 01:16 PM) 826452458[/snapback]Yeah sniff sniff that is all you will be doing come this fall. When Hampton kicks the sh?t out of Unaka's football team by 50 points. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Then you can take the ride home wineing and crying the whole way saying that we had a chance. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Which you never had. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Just go back to the stoned creek and eat some dohnuts to take care of the munchies that you will have.

Hey daddy this HAMPTON girl/guy types a lot like pujo. Is this why Hampton has been on the news and in the paper daddy?????????

QUOTE(Ahh Junior @ May 7 2007 - 06:16 AM) 826453267[/snapback]Hey daddy this HAMPTON girl/guy types a lot like pujo. Is this why Hampton has been on the news and in the paper daddy?????????

Don't sound anything like me. I have alot of confidense in Hampton's football team, but I'm not going to tell you they are going to beat anyone or by ,how much. I think they have a great chance at going 10 and 0, but ,they haven't won the 1st one yet. Got to play the games.

QUOTE(Ahh Junior @ May 7 2007 - 08:16 AM) 826453267[/snapback]Hey daddy this HAMPTON girl/guy types a lot like pujo. Is this why Hampton has been on the news and in the paper daddy?????????

no son he's about 6-4 300lbs and has a little bitty fellow standing next to him that looks just like him.we're in hot pursuite now get in the car junior.