Howard vs. Mitchell

200%Hardworker

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Hustlin Tigers lost. When it all came down to it we had to many turnovers and our point guard didnt play because he was sick. I guess we are the tough luck Howard. No matter how good they say Liberty is if we had the team we took to state this year with our point guard and Michael Ford, Buck Buck, along with Eric Halfacre we would have our first gold ball but I guess its not meant. Shot out to Howard for going as far as they did without all of their players. This is no excuse our tigers are still the real deal. We will be back next year with the same team and hopefully we will have Buck Buck back

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 15 2007 - 01:54 PM) 826413031[/snapback]My Hustlin Tigers lost. When it all came down to it we had to many turnovers and our point guard didnt play because he was sick. I guess we are the tough luck Howard. No matter how good they say Liberty is if we had the team we took to state this year with our point guard and Michael Ford, Buck Buck, along with Eric Halfacre we would have our first gold ball but I guess its not meant. Shot out to Howard for going as far as they did without all of their players. This is no excuse our tigers are still the real deal. We will be back next year with the same team and hopefully we will have Buck Buck back

I can agree with you on Michael Ford & Buck Buck, but Halfacre had a knack for taking ill-advised shots and never really accepted the philosophy of Coach McGary. He would have definitely made a difference, but only inside of the team concept. I really like the way the team's attitude and style of play right now. It also seems like the concentration is not just on winning ball games. I look for big things next year.

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 15 2007 - 02:54 PM) 826413031[/snapback]My Hustlin Tigers lost. When it all came down to it we had to many turnovers and our point guard didnt play because he was sick. I guess we are the tough luck Howard. No matter how good they say Liberty is if we had the team we took to state this year with our point guard and Michael Ford, Buck Buck, along with Eric Halfacre we would have our first gold ball but I guess its not meant. Shot out to Howard for going as far as they did without all of their players. This is no excuse our tigers are still the real deal. We will be back next year with the same team and hopefully we will have Buck Buck back

I heard Johnny Taylor had one more game of eligibility too. I wish they would have known that.

The main problem was that Howard couldn't throw it in the ocean in the second half, especially the fourth quarter. Mitchell got a fast break follow up dunk early in the 4th (I think) that really seemed to ignite them. Still, if Howard could have knocked down a few shots in the second half, they could have held on for the win. Brandon Allen getting foul trouble also hurt. He's a fine player and they weren't as effective with him on the pine.

Howard represented their school and the Chattanooga area well. Coach McGary runs an excellent program. They are very likely to be back next year since Satterfield is the only senior on their state tournament roster!

BTW, I think AA is a lock for Liberty. Could be wrong, but they looked very strong. JMHO.

QUOTE(global98 @ Mar 15 2007 - 03:36 PM) 826413212[/snapback]I heard Johnny Taylor had one more game of eligibility too. I wish they would have known that.

Wow! obviously you dont know your history about Howard. JT was a role player when he played for Howard. I was only stating the players we lost this year do to them being academically cleared by the principal. TSSAA rules would state they are eligable but not by school standards. Ford and Buck are both about 6'6" and could flat out play and we missed them all season. Its not an excuse we play with what we have and I am proud of our guys. Everybody knows we will be back. We are going in the right direction I just hope some of our fans dont run him off. I hear you guys saying he's a good coach and I agree he was my coach in Middle School but some of our fans think he cant coaCH

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(wingman10 @ Mar 15 2007 - 10:32 PM) 826413762[/snapback]I think a lot of Howard's coach. Tough loss

If he is such a good coach why did he quit on his team in the 4th quarter. He sat there and looked the other

way as if his team was an embarassment to him. He quit on them. Ask the guys.