Rudesill to Dyersburg?

Macnarry

Could Dyersburg be making a phone call to Bolivar's Rick Rudesill? When you consider what he has done at BHS, he would have to be a top candidate.

The players might be better at Bolivar, but Dyersburg will pay more than Bolivar can or will pay. Coach Rudesill might have a tough decision, if Dyersburg makes him an offer.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBoredGuy @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:14 PM) 826413715[/snapback]Uh, do you realize how stacked Bolivar is going to be the next 2-3 seasons?

There's no decision to be made even if there is an offer.

Money is a strong motivator when making these types of decisions..I heard they threw down some pretty good cheese to get their new football coach....

I've also heard Sisco's name mentioned....They will be loaded next season also....

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 15 2007 - 11:17 PM) 826413724[/snapback]Money is a strong motivator when making these types of decisions..I heard they threw down some pretty good cheese to get their new football coach....

I've also heard Sisco's name mentioned....They will be loaded next season also....

even though they paid alot to get their new football coach i guarantee it aint as much as coach counce was/is makin

THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY A DISTRICT FOES FAN WHO WOULD LUV TO SEE RUDISELL LEAVE BUT IT WONT HAPPEN AND IF AND THATS A BIG IF BOLIVARS TALANT LEVEL IS OFF THE CHARTS SO THEY WILL TAKE BACK WHAT LIBERTY STOLE THE LAST TWO YEARS AND RULE THAT DISTRICT NO MATTER WHO THEIR COACH IS

Hi, I am new to Coach T, but not the situation in Dyersburg. Yes, Brian Brown played his sons over other more talented players. I don't know Brian Brown the man but as a coach I didn't like his style. Too many good players to not go further than what he had done. He is out. Either forced out or quit on his own. But I do know one thing: Dyersburg High School will pay BIG BUCKS to get a basketball coach. Money is no object. James Counce made between 65,000 to 70,000 a year to coach the football team. Their facilities are top notch. Their enrollment is dropping and they are not going to be outdone by letting talented athletes drive 10 miles up the road to Dyer County. And I got off the phone with a pretty reliable source who said the Rick Rudisell was the #1 candidate for the Dyersburg High Boy's basketball coach. The only problem that Rudisell to my knowledge purchased a big farm in Bolivar last year and that might be the holdup. If Rudisell isn't the man the Marty Sisco is #2. Money is no object. The only problem Dyersburg athletics had for years was the kids of the prominent boosters played. That was just the way it was. But no more. Brian Brown played his sons, but other than that he didn't stick anyone on the floor who couldn't play. He rotated too much IMO. And that being said, Dyer County will say " Dyersburg will play the politic game". There are no "kids from money familes" playing basketball or football for all I know. J.T. Beasley dad is a chiropractor but he signed with Missouri so, he must be a player. I don't blame the kids for going to Dyer County to play basketball, but I think that Dyer County better enjoy it. Because what Dyersburg wants, when it comes to a coach, they get. If they want Rick Rudisell, they will get Rick Rudisell, because lets' face it: "Money Talks , BS Walks". IF he doesn't come because of his farm or whatever look for Cisco to land. Because in the end whoever they bring in will be a proven winner. Someone who can stick a couple of Championship rings in those kids face and say "If you want one of these, play for the me"..... Time will tell.

QUOTE(BIGWEBB @ Mar 16 2007 - 07:09 PM) 826414555[/snapback]THIS THREAD WAS STARTED BY A DISTRICT FOES FAN WHO WOULD LUV TO SEE RUDISELL LEAVE BUT IT WONT HAPPEN AND IF AND THATS A BIG IF BOLIVARS TALANT LEVEL IS OFF THE CHARTS SO THEY WILL TAKE BACK WHAT LIBERTY STOLE THE LAST TWO YEARS AND RULE THAT DISTRICT NO MATTER WHO THEIR COACH IS

My opnion: If Coach Rick leaves B-Town, it will be for a college job or maybe an out-of-state high school job.

I said they will "Pay to get who they want". Money is no object when it comes to ATHLETICS! And who are we a step behind in this region? My Children graduated and got a diploma from a "National school of Excellence". Chattanooga Baylor is the only other school that comes to mind that is one in the state of Tennessee. Go back and read all the post JackEddie. I said in the past the money played a part in the rich boosters kids playing. No doubt. I was there in the early to mid 70's and I played for Bobby Newby and I saw how "Dr King's son lettered and the "Rich Kids played before the country boys. I know all about it. But I want you to tell me who comes from a RICH FAMILY or their dad is a REALLY important person (some kid who REALLY gets alot of playing time). I don't know of any CURRENT kids except the Browns who played who shouldn't have been playing. But Their enrollment is down, they are losing money, so they will PAY TO get a good coach. Bottom line. Just like they did in football. They will spend and get a good coach. But as far as kids from money starting on these current teams I don't see it! And as far as Rudisell or Cisco coming why do you think they would come? MORE MONEY! Just like anyone who had a chance to better themselves financially. Would you leave your job for about double of what you are making?

QUOTE(jackeddie @ Mar 18 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826416176[/snapback]stevieray, now ur in this room saying what ive been saying to u the last two day! typical d'burg establishment line. whatever it takes to get what u want. the trojans will always be one step behind because they substitute money for morals.

so we should get a not so good coach just because it makes us look bad because our school system can pay alot for a good coach, thats the craziest thing i've ever heard. the main objective is to get the best available and if that person isn't availible you offer them enough money to make them available, and who are we a step behind. /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Mar 18 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826416209[/snapback]I said they will "Pay to get who they want". Money is no object when it comes to ATHLETICS! And who are we a step behind in this region? My Children graduated and got a diploma from a "National school of Excellence". Chattanooga Baylor is the only other school that comes to mind that is one in the state of Tennessee. Go back and read all the post JackEddie. I said in the past the money played a part in the rich boosters kids playing. No doubt. I was there in the early to mid 70's and I played for Bobby Newby and I saw how "Dr King's son lettered and the "Rich Kids played before the country boys. I know all about it. But I want you to tell me who comes from a RICH FAMILY or their dad is a REALLY important person (some kid who REALLY gets alot of playing time). I don't know of any CURRENT kids except the Browns who played who shouldn't have been playing. But Their enrollment is down, they are losing money, so they will PAY TO get a good coach. Bottom line. Just like they did in football. They will spend and get a good coach. But as far as kids from money starting on these current teams I don't see it! And as far as Rudisell or Cisco coming why do you think they would come? MORE MONEY! Just like anyone who had a chance to better themselves financially. Would you leave your job for about double of what you are making?