Rudesill to Dyersburg?

Macnarry

QUOTE(backinthaoc @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:56 AM) 826417463[/snapback]I agree,but that's not what boosters and parents want...They want a "name" coach...Why bring in a young coach trying to make his mark and put him right behind the eight-ball??......With the names swirling around,if you bring in Coach Joe Blow taking his first head coaching job,there will be alot of undue pressure on the guy...

And that pressure would not be on Sisco, Rudesill or whoever the big name is? I do not think the suggestion was to bring in just anyone. But I am sure there are assistant coaches from successful programs, that are mature and strong enough to handle this pressure. Look in football this past year, everyone said who is Eric Mangini. Young guy, been an assistant for a great coach in Bill Belichick, and was coaching in New York. We are not comparing the Jets coaching job and Mangini to Dyersburg and whoever might be interested. But if the right person, came into Dyersburg with the right plan, and knows how to sell it, they might be a little better off.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(decoy @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:39 AM) 826417519[/snapback]I am following you. Are they even taking applications or interviewing for the position? Or are they recruiting a coach, the same way their players get stolen. Almost Ironical, isn't it? So, backintheo.c.,, I assume you are from Obion County.

I don't know,but if you go by what you read on these threads,Sisco was at Dyersburg the Friday BEFORE Brown resigned....Obion County??..Yes...

QUOTE(decoy @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:55 AM) 826417535[/snapback]I really can't see shane leaving U.C. But what do I know. He has done a great job in Union City. I don't know the other guy from bolivar. I know he has had some studs there though. Who else is on their wish list?

I guess time will tell who the next coach will be, but don't be surprise that the next coach leaves a very establish program. I don't contribute all of the enrollment issues to sports a lot of that can be contributed to DC 'state of the art' school one of the best facilities in the state and eveyone can tell you that academics at DHS are not a piece of cake.... the school may spend a lot of money for the best coaches and facilities but they have a great parent student teacher interaction who are all willing to make the extra sacrifices when it comes to education. They recently started a program this year for their 1st year students E-Academy that in a few years may be put in place state wide. The city of Dyersburg take their education seriously and proof is in the pudding check out some of their recent graduates and see how they have faired their first year in college compared to some or our neighboring, I can assure you DHS will rank in the top 10 for a school their size in this state. I am not aware of any cookie sales to buy school supplies on the high school level ....... the band does a fruit sale and some of the booster clubs have fund raisers to support their various programs but that is about it as far as I know and I have had kids active in every phase of extra curricular life at DHS.

When it comes to academics Dyersburg takes a back seat to no one. I went to DSCC for 2 years before transferring to UT-Knoxville where I received my degree. I had a professor tell me, if you get an academic diploma from Dyersburg High school, you will be prepared for any college you attend. And she was right. Anyone who ever had "Rose Tillman" for English should know. Mrs. Tillman was retired when my oldest 2 children came through, and I wished they could have had her. My youngest child attends Dyer County (her mother and I are divorced) and its a piece of cake compared to Dyersburg. When I was at DSCC the classes were easy for the other graduates of Dyersburg High and myself,, while kids from Dyer County, Lake County, Halls, Ripley, Obion Central all seemed to think it was much harder.Not knocking the other schools, just that academics at Dyersburg are really hard. And it is a national school of excellence. Only Chattanooga Baylor is the other in the state of Tennessee. And as far as the coaching search goes, Dyersburg is losing kids to Dyer County. Sure they lost 3 basketball players. But they have lost other kids who could throw a rock and hit the high school yet drive 20 miles round trip every day because "its a new building". And its easier at Dyer County. I know from my youngest child. But I think with the football program being in the shape its in, the girls basketball program being in the shape it's in, all is left is to get a "proven coach". And the reason I think is: They are going to have to have something to sell the kids. I am sure there are fine outstanding assistants who would do well, But not at this particular time. Dyersburg wants to win, they want to keep the kids here, ( because they lost 3 basketball players, what does the future hold regarding the status of the DMS players? I for one didn't like Brown's coaching style. Nothing personal agaisnt the man, but he seemed to hot headed for the job. That why I think they will go after a Rudisell or a Cisco. I may be wrong, but time will tell......

QUOTE(StevieRayVol @ Mar 19 2007 - 03:42 PM) 826417737[/snapback]When it comes to academics Dyersburg takes a back seat to no one. I went to DSCC for 2 years before transferring to UT-Knoxville where I received my degree. I had a professor tell me, if you get an academic diploma from Dyersburg High school, you will be prepared for any college you attend. And she was right. Anyone who ever had "Rose Tillman" for English should know. Mrs. Tillman was retired when my oldest 2 children came through, and I wished they could have had her. My youngest child attends Dyer County (her mother and I are divorced) and its a piece of cake compared to Dyersburg. When I was at DSCC the classes were easy for the other graduates of Dyersburg High and myself,, while kids from Dyer County, Lake County, Halls, Ripley, Obion Central all seemed to think it was much harder.Not knocking the other schools, just that academics at Dyersburg are really hard. And it is a national school of excellence. Only Chattanooga Baylor is the other in the state of Tennessee. And as far as the coaching search goes, Dyersburg is losing kids to Dyer County. Sure they lost 3 basketball players. But they have lost other kids who could throw a rock and hit the high school yet drive 20 miles round trip every day because "its a new building". And its easier at Dyer County. I know from my youngest child. But I think with the football program being in the shape its in, the girls basketball program being in the shape it's in, all is left is to get a "proven coach". And the reason I think is: They are going to have to have something to sell the kids. I am sure there are fine outstanding assistants who would do well, But not at this particular time. Dyersburg wants to win, they want to keep the kids here, ( because they lost 3 basketball players, what does the future hold regarding the status of the DMS players? I for one didn't like Brown's coaching style. Nothing personal agaisnt the man, but he seemed to hot headed for the job. That why I think they will go after a Rudisell or a Cisco. I may be wrong, but time will tell......

In reference to the comparison of academics at DHS and other schools in the area I have two children in college (4 year institutions of higher learning) both are doing very well one of them consistently appears on the Deans list and has a 4 year college scholarship one of the is in their 3rd year and the other is in their first year of college..... The older child has mention that several of her friends who have attended schools in the area have mention how it appears that the students who come from Dyersburg and Dyer County are a step further alone then them. I honestly feel that both systems prepares the students for college and I am sure if a study was done base on first year students who started college complete his or her course of student within the 4 year and those who dropped out, lost scholarships etc.... our systems (I am including you DC) would rank near the top, however many of the students who have switch will say that DC is somewhat easier now that does not mean that they are dumb or are learning less it could mean that perhaps their teachers have a better teaching application where the students are more receptive of learning. I sternly believe that it does not matter what school college or vocational school you go to the primary choice of learning is still up to the student but I do know that when you receive a DHS degree especially one with honors you are prepared for college and life as a whole.