Temple

fargen01

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 9 2007 - 12:21 PM) 826455516[/snapback]The mostly Soph - Freshmen is true but Coach Chastain said they had about 30 out.

I believe he is including some kids who are going to be in the eighth grade next year that are out there practicing with the high school. The reason I say this is because of the numbers last year. Temple had 18 players on the high school team that dressed out for the games and after the middle school season was over they went to 23~24 players dressing out because they brought up the eighth graders. The middle school team only had 14 players half of them were 7th graders. The high school had 10 seniors and and Joey and Waddely are now gone also. The numbers don't jive they should only have about 13 or 14 kids.

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(T N T @ May 9 2007 - 01:52 PM) 826455532[/snapback]I believe he is including some kids who are going to be in the eighth grade next year that are out there practicing with the high school. The reason I say this is because of the numbers last year. Temple had 18 players on the high school team that dressed out for the games and after the middle school season was over they went to 23~24 players dressing out because they brought up the eighth graders. The middle school team only had 14 players half of them were 7th graders. The high school had 10 seniors and and Joey and Waddely are now gone also. The numbers don't jive they should only have about 13 or 14 kids.

Just telling you what he said. There may be some kids out this year that didn't play last year. He said they were going to play some JV games this year so he must have more than 13 or 14

QUOTE(MULEDOG @ May 9 2007 - 07:32 PM) 826455743[/snapback]yes but they have to stay with it . 2 years worth .

Most of our team is 2 and 3 year starters so they have stayed with it and have gotten bigger. All but one of our backs bench over 300 lbs (one is at 345) and the one that is below is close at 285 (and he is small). The biggest back weighs about 210-220 so for their size they are strong. I expected to see improved blocking from this group.

QUOTE(zonepirate @ May 9 2007 - 08:49 PM) 826455758[/snapback]Most of our team is 2 and 3 year starters so they have stayed with it and have gotten bigger. All but one of our backs bench over 300 lbs (one is at 345) and the one that is below is close at 285 (and he is small). The biggest back weighs about 210-220 so for their size they are strong. I expected to see improved blocking from this group.

how is things in the great south pitt? I think g -ville was just strange, just not enough sr. last year, Robinson won't let that happen this year

QUOTE(T N T @ May 9 2007 - 08:42 AM) 826455321[/snapback]Pasture you are saying that being optimistic comes from the success of the previous Temple teams. I believe you should look at the reasons for that success, so let's do that. I know we are talking about football but let's look at basketball first because the reasons for Temples success in both sports are the same. Temple never won the state champioship in basketball until the Skogens came to Temple. In the middle school Temple is in the ISC conference and they won the basketball champioship in that conferenc when the Skogens were on those teams and Temple has not had as much success since. It was and is the same situation in football, this past year in football the graduating senior class which was all the starters won the ISC conference in football as eighth graders but since that class the middle school teams have not even finished in the top 4 or 5 of the ISC conference actually not even being competitive with the upper tier teams. So the point here is Temples success has been more about the Skogens than anything else and them picking up a player or two to fill in any holes. Now that the Skogens have moved on Temples will not have the same success. In basketball I said at the very begining of the season that Temple would have a very good chance of wining the state in basketball, so looking at this from a logical view point I think in basketball Temple will still have a good basketball team but not state championship caliber. And in football they will struggle to even be competitive with any team and more than likely they will not be able to maintain the football program.

Hey TNT, Pasture is a very optimistic person and with good reason as of late with the success of football and basketball.I only have a few post on here over the last 6 or 7 months but I do read a great deal of these through the working week.When I was introduced to coacht I couldnt help but notice some serious smack talk going on.I am confused because one minute Pasture is bragging on the Skogens the next he is trying to sell them short which it sounds like TNT might be pretty accurate.I cant help but think of what Indian said that there were enough Temple threads.Wait until football season and see if you are as zealous then.

• 2 weeks later...

When did Temple scrimmage Christian Heritage?

QUOTE(global98 @ May 29 2007 - 08:23 PM) 826468879[/snapback]Now that the football boards are open again can anyone-Pasture? tell me about Temple's prospects for next year? What new players? Incoming freshman? Any big time transfers? How did they do against Christian Heritage? Was this the first game for the new coaches?