Clarksville & Oakland

Golfendude

I think he is taking it personally that a siegel poster, well actually two, have agreed that this was the best team they have seen out of the Boro including the one dare was a part of. You guys are being objective and I think it is great and refreshing.

randymc....I think Chaisson is the most COMPLETE player Oakland has had. He was a leader, a scorer, and a great defensive player. He played with confidence, not cockiness. The thing about him is that he actually made it look easy. He was THAT goood.

Is there a list of All Tourney anywhere? I sure hope Shane Blissard made it. That kid was magnificent ..........I will sure miss seeing him play both football and bball.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 19 2007 - 08:26 PM) 826417943[/snapback]I think he is taking it personally that a siegel poster, well actually two, have agreed that this was the best team they have seen out of the Boro including the one dare was a part of. You guys are being objective and I think it is great and refreshing.

randymc....I think Chaisson is the most COMPLETE player Oakland has had. He was a leader, a scorer, and a great defensive player. He played with confidence, not cockiness. The thing about him is that he actually made it look easy. He was THAT goood.

Is there a list of All Tourney anywhere? I sure hope Shane Blissard made it. That kid was magnificent ..........I will sure miss seeing him play both football and bball.

Shane did make it...I saw it on the DNJ site

QUOTE(UPSGregg @ Mar 18 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826416932[/snapback]Oh I was over it before it happened. I didn't really expect CHS to come out firing on all cylinders after what they went through the night before. Anyone that has ever watched baskebtall, or any sport for that matter, in their lifetime probably felt the same way. And you say it's rediculous? To pretend that the game against Oakland didn't have a huge impact on their performance against Maryville is just plain ignorant. Don't get it twisted. I'm actually glad Maryville won (outside the fact they beat my school of course) because Maryville is like a second home for me. I like their style of play. It's the way basketball was meant to be played. "Pass, shoot, score." However, I can't ignore the fact that CHS would have most likely beaten Maryville if they hadn't been worn out from the night before. In another thread I acknowledge the fact that Maryville deserved the title so calm down.

You seem to be the one who needs to calm down. Unless you have a crystal ball, there is no way in this world to determine if CHS would have won the game whether or not they had played 12 overtimes or had been resting for a week. To state that "CHS would have most likely beaten Maryville if they hadn't been worn out from the night before" is another one of your brilliant comments. You don't know that any more than I know if it is going to rain next July 4th. You are the kind of fan that simply cannot accept defeat without "spinning" the results to make yourself feel better. We lost because of this, we lost because of that, we could have won if this hadn't happened, blah, blah, blah.

QUOTE(star_gazer @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:16 PM) 826415554[/snapback]Great game! Best I've seen in the glass house including our own Mtsu. Oakland is by far the best Murfreesboro team

we have had in years. Yes I said years!! That includes my own Siegel stars. Enjoyed this entire basketball season!

obviously they're better than any siegel team not even close

QUOTE(SiegelNation07 @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:55 PM) 826415577[/snapback]Ha Seeing how I scored the 4th most points on my team this year thats cool. Btw, I shot 9-23 from 3 land during church league. Only 2 games I didnt score and that because I realized my shot was off after 2 shots and didnt shoot the whole game. Something you gotta realize playing basketball, if its not dropping stop shooting, I doubt coach harris told you that one, Its cool though I dunno what you call 0-9 in the state semis if you call what Oakland did last night choking. Im baffled. I have held back but Siegel didnt choke in state ever, SIEGELS LONE SENIOR choked in state. Bring back our old team and I guarantee Oakland would beat them. They got coaching and leadership. Something NO Siegel team has had, except for Coach Hibdon who was a pretty good coach. Thats my 2 cents now that my siegel nation days are over, I think im going to make a new coachT name, any suggestions?

siegel never had the talent to win state, nope not even last year. no one said "siegels taking this year no doubt"

QUOTE(jrm2x @ Mar 17 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826415641[/snapback]you must have missed last years AAA championship

Yes last year's title game was better, not by far but it was more exciting. more talent and fetured a juggernaut against a cinderella story who were robbed by officials. but none the less stil the best game in tssaa history

QUOTE(2priceless @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:26 PM) 826415360[/snapback]We had a great crowd......spring break began yesterday. Lots of kids flew out for their trips they had paid for months ago, and there were many who already had Justin Timberlake tickets for last night. I knew the numbers would be down b/c of both things. WE still had a fantastic crowd....and I am proud of everyone that supported our team last night. It didn't come down to the tudent sections last night and we both know this. It came down to who had the ball last and got the bounces. Good luck to your team tonight. I sure hope that they win, but I will not be in attendance for this one. I feel like I saw the finals last night.

a large part of your student section missed a great basketball game to go see justin timberlake? you guys sound pretty cool

QUOTE(dare_2_dream @ Mar 17 2007 - 12:23 AM) 826415054[/snapback]Well that was his decision. You didn't win the gold ball, thats the point of this whole conversation. When Siegel lost in the final four, we choked according to everyone. We should have won, I will admit that. I can honestly say we should have rings on our fingers but we don't, call it whatever you want, but whatever you call it .. Make sure you include yourself in that sentence.

you didnt make it to the final four lat year did you? as i recall you wer put out by a better team in the first round?

QUOTE(WARRIORS313 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:45 AM) 826418309[/snapback]a large part of your student section missed a great basketball game to go see justin timberlake? you guys sound pretty cool

no 2 go 2 panama city & cancun.

QUOTE(WARRIORS313 @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:51 AM) 826418314[/snapback]you didnt make it to the final four lat year did you? as i recall you wer put out by a better team in the first round?

right.