The best Single A town.

shutout

I don't care about the size of the town, Chattanooga draws kids from a large area, East Ridge, Red Bank, Ooltewah, etc. they are all part of Chattanooga. They also have Private schools (D2) I mean and they are the best in single A. I'm not from Chattanooga don't really like going there except for Carrabas' and sportsman warehouse. O yeah almost forgot High school wrestling.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(VolunteerGeneral @ Mar 16 2007 - 11:40 PM) 826414986[/snapback]I wouldn`t really call Chattanooga a "single A town". A typical SingleA town is a small town that only has one school.

Yep. Think Linden (Perry County) or Summertown. A 'Hoosier' story. Not how we can divide all the schools in one metropolitan area to fit our needs. The whole county in Perry County is single A. That's all the eligible students in the whole county. As one poster already posted, they have 6 single A championships in men's basketball. Trousdale County in football.

If you say 'the best single A town', that's who I'm thinking of. Not Chattanooga. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

This thread is not a discussion about whether or not Chattanooga qualifies as a town. Please go back and read the initial post. Whether or not Chattanooga qualifies as a town or not, right now the best single a basketball comes from Chatt-town. This is not about spirit and support of fans it is about success and talent.

QUOTE(travellin_man @ Mar 16 2007 - 10:01 PM) 826414670[/snapback]i have to add a reply here. there is no way in the world that chattanooga is the best single A town. when you are single A, you are small. you need a hometown type feel...not a big city. i'm not going to say that culleoka is the best, but when a whole town gets behind a team...when a whole town shows up on game nights...when a whole town ask off work to go to a milestone game...those are the characteristics of a good town. culleoka is that town.

a good town is humble, culleoka fans were so very arugant, i heard one of them say i wish they would hurry up and open these doors so we can beat this team. (refering to CSAS), well where are you all at to day, back in your little small dedicated town watching it on TV, there are two chattanooga teams there today for the championship, so heres your sign! Chattanooga talent and heart wise are the best singleA town in the State of Tennessee! end of story

QUOTE(thomaschatt_pats @ Mar 17 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826415279[/snapback]a good town is humble, culleoka fans were so very arugant, i heard one of them say i wish they would hurry up and open these doors so we can beat this team. (refering to CSAS), well where are you all at to day, back in your little small dedicated town watching it on TV, there are two chattanooga teams there today for the championship, so heres your sign! Chattanooga talent and heart wise are the best singleA town in the State of Tennessee! end of story

It's all a matter of semantics. I know what the people are saying about a "small town feel." I came from such a town, and it is very exciting. But no one can deny that at this point in time, Chattanooga is dominant in single A basketball. I think the intent of the original post was to put an end to the people from other places having so much negative stuff to say about Chattanooga. We're just looking for a little well-deserved respect.

It's very exciting, even in a large town like Chatt. (and we are a large town, not a city) to have two of our teams in the championship game. I'd love to be there, but can't. The only problem would be who to cheer for.

QUOTE(thomaschatt_pats @ Mar 17 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826415279[/snapback]a good town is humble, culleoka fans were so very arugant, i heard one of them say i wish they would hurry up and open these doors so we can beat this team. (refering to CSAS), well where are you all at to day, back in your little small dedicated town watching it on TV, there are two chattanooga teams there today for the championship, so heres your sign! Chattanooga talent and heart wise are the best singleA town in the State of Tennessee! end of story

thomaschatt_pats, what you heard was probably a sense of humor instead of arrogance. i doubt if anyone actually said that meaning it seriously. and nobody's watching it on tv because there are no tv's and cable service in culleoka..too small. ha! just kidding. don't always take everything you hear 100% seriously. the fans and team were just so pumped up and excited to be there! what you probably heard was adrenalin and excitement coming out.

QUOTE(phx1best @ Mar 17 2007 - 03:01 PM) 826415444[/snapback]thomaschatt_pats, what you heard was probably a sense of humor instead of arrogance. i doubt if anyone actually said that meaning it seriously. and nobody's watching it on tv because there are no tv's and cable service in culleoka..too small. ha! just kidding. don't always take everything you hear 100% seriously. the fans and team were just so pumped up and excited to be there! what you probably heard was adrenalin and excitement coming out.

I'm glad you figured out that "arugant" word was really arrogant...I couldn't figure out what in the world he was saying. Maybe thomaschatt_pats should come to the "small town" of Culleoka and get a few spelling lessons..lol

QUOTE(matt_24 @ Mar 17 2007 - 06:38 PM) 826415601[/snapback]I'm glad you figured out that "arugant" word was really arrogant...I couldn't figure out what in the world he was saying. Maybe thomaschatt_pats should come to the "small town" of Culleoka and get a few spelling lessons..lol

Funny!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(phx1best @ Mar 17 2007 - 08:16 PM) 826415627[/snapback] Funny!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I've seen a episode of "COPS" from Chattanooga!!!!! They usally shoot in citys, not small towns.

As far as talent.... results speak. Chattanooga was standing in the end.

Good job to all who played