The best Single A town.

shutout

QUOTE(Grace Golden Eagles @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:33 PM) 826418105[/snapback]How can you call CSAS a good team after Grace beats them twice, then say that Grace is garbage?

Easy!!! just say it. CSAS is good for a single A team. They couldnt survive in AA so they left. Temple is the best A school in chatt but look at what happened when they played Howard on their own floor so its not saying much because single A is very weak

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 21 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826419173[/snapback]Easy!!! just say it. CSAS is good for a single A team. They couldnt survive in AA so they left. Temple is the best A school in chatt but look at what happened when they played Howard on their own floor so its not saying much because single A is very weak

Easy now Hustlintiger...CSAS was moved down to A, it wasnt because they couldnt survive.....They actually faired pretty well when they were in AA, having 2 regular season championships, and actually making it to the region finals and to substate......

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 21 2007 - 06:39 AM) 826419173[/snapback]Easy!!! just say it. CSAS is good for a single A team. They couldnt survive in AA so they left. Temple is the best A school in chatt but look at what happened when they played Howard on their own floor so its not saying much because single A is very weak

CSAS not only survived in AA, they thrived. CSAS has averaged 20+ wins per season and has only had five losing seasons in the whole history of the school. The last year of being in AA (2yrs ago) they went to the substate beating highly ranked McMinn Central in the region semi's. CSAS moved down because they're enrollment numbers make them an A team. That being said, Temple and Grace are good teams. The rest of the region may be weak but those three schools could complete with anybody in the city if they had to. You can't base how good a team is by seeing them play one time. Especially if they are playing out of classification. Things that work against certain teams in one classification may not work against others in a different classification so you make adjustments.

CSAS was very successful in AA as already documented. While in AA, the Patriots beat Howard, won two championships, went to the sub-state twice, beat the #1 ranked team in the state AA. As a single A team, this year they beat Boyd Buc, Notre Dame, and lost @ Howard by 5 points. Not bad for a school that was never supposed to have athletics when it opened!

QUOTE(hustlintiger @ Mar 21 2007 - 07:39 AM) 826419173[/snapback]Easy!!! just say it. CSAS is good for a single A team. They couldnt survive in AA so they left. Temple is the best A school in chatt but look at what happened when they played Howard on their own floor so its not saying much because single A is very weak

I saw that game....I also saw howard play mitchell and Temple play humboldt and CSAS...

First of all the Temple team that played Howard was NOT AT ALL the same team in the state tourney...

Howard plays Temple at the end of the season...Temple wins by 8+

I can't say much for now, but 10 years ago Perry County beats anyone single A today hands down. Whatever basketball town you are from (Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville), it really doesn't matter. I saw Culleoka play this year, as well as Temple and CSAS and believe me, instead of beating Chattanooga Christian by 30 in the first round, Upperman by 25 in the next round, and Columbia Academy by 35 in the finals in 1997, we would have easily beaten any team that was represented by single A in Murfreesboro last week. When you have a record of 37-0 that year and beat, at that time AA Union City in the regular season, who won class AA that year, and have 6 state championship banners hanging in your gym, you are pretty much considered hands down one of the best basketball towns. When you walk into PC's gym, the banners hang high above to let everyone know that. We're not like other gyms, who have banners for every district or region championships they win or appearances to state tournaments. Believe me, you are a basketball town when you have the gold ball for each year to show for it!

QUOTE(pcalum04 @ Mar 21 2007 - 02:51 PM) 826419536[/snapback]I can't say much for now, but 10 years ago Perry County beats anyone single A today hands down. Whatever basketball town you are from (Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville), it really doesn't matter. I saw Culleoka play this year, as well as Temple and CSAS and believe me, instead of beating Chattanooga Christian by 30 in the first round, Upperman by 25 in the next round, and Columbia Academy by 35 in the finals in 1997, we would have easily beaten any team that was represented by single A in Murfreesboro last week. When you have a record of 37-0 that year and beat, at that time AA Union City in the regular season, who won class AA that year, and have 6 state championship banners hanging in your gym, you are pretty much considered hands down one of the best basketball towns. When you walk into PC's gym, the banners hang high above to let everyone know that. We're not like other gyms, who have banners for every district or region championships they win or appearances to state tournaments. Believe me, you are a basketball town when you have the gold ball for each year to show for it!

Speaking of PC...is Larry Mackin still on the sr tour?