All Mr. Basketball from the West.....?

"shake and bake"

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826418136[/snapback]"Bruce Pearl is trying to be bring West Tennessee basketball to East Tennessee."

That's a direct quote from a CBS announcer during the UT/UVA game. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I remember hearing that.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(KublahKD @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:30 PM) 826418136[/snapback]"Bruce Pearl is trying to be bring West Tennessee basketball to East Tennessee."

That's a direct quote from a CBS announcer during the UT/UVA game. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I remember hearing that.... /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(nebuntyn @ Mar 19 2007 - 05:51 PM) 826417783[/snapback]That AAA championship was a joke. Liberty would have blasted both of those teams.

Perhaps, but maybe not. Maybe they should have played AAA this year rather than AA. They were, without a doubt, the best AA team in the state. Many teams play up a level, not sure why Liberty felt the need to play AA.

QUOTE(B-Ball Fan @ Mar 20 2007 - 09:30 AM) 826418296[/snapback]Perhaps, but maybe not. Maybe they should have played AAA this year rather than AA. They were, without a doubt, the best AA team in the state. Many teams play up a level, not sure why Liberty felt the need to play AA.

Teams don't play up a level during the state tournament. Liberty played AA because they were classified as a AA school. Next year they will play AAA because they will be classified as a AAA school. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(DOCTORBALLA @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826417972[/snapback]It appears that in 1A the East rules with 5 state championships in the last 10 years.

WEST

Union City (2006)

Middleton (2005)

S. Fulton (2000)

EAST

Temple (2007)

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

MIDDLE

Moore Co. (1999)

Ezell-Harding (1998)

Yeah and it appears that four of those five years were from Chattanooga.

And the 2nd place teams were as follows:

EAST

Chattanooga School of Arts and Sciences (2007)

Chattanooga Grace (2006)

Chattanooga Grace (2004)

Cosby (2000)

Cosby (1999)

Temple (1998)

MIDDLE

Ezell-Harding (2002)

Ezell-Harding (2001)

WEST

Peabody (2005)

Greenfield (2003)

Looks like the East dominates with silver balls, as well, the last 10 years.

QUOTE(Icy @ Mar 20 2007 - 10:57 AM) 826418319[/snapback]Teams don't play up a level during the state tournament. Liberty played AA because they were classified as a AA school. Next year they will play AAA because they will be classified as a AAA school. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I realize that they can't play up just for the tournament. I was questioning why they didn't play up a level for the entire year in AAA. Many schools do this every year for football and/or basketball.

I thought that I had heard that they would be reclassified next year. Unless things have changed, I think they could have requested to play "up" a level.

QUOTE(DOCTORBALLA @ Mar 19 2007 - 09:57 PM) 826417972[/snapback]It appears that in 1A the East rules with 5 state championships in the last 10 years.

WEST

Union City (2006)

Middleton (2005)

S. Fulton (2000)

EAST

Temple (2007)

Unaka (2004)

Temple (2003)

Temple (2002)

Chattanooga Christian (2001)

MIDDLE

Moore Co. (1999)

Ezell-Harding (1998)

So far, it appears that the team of the century in 1A is Temple. I mean, 3 Gold Balls in the last 5 years! That ain't bad.

QUOTE(moc3balla @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826418406[/snapback]So far, it appears that the team of the century in 1A is Temple. I mean, 3 Gold Balls in the last 5 years! That ain't bad.

i would have to argue about population bases and a bigger overall talent pool to draw from. Sfulton has about 3-4,000 people, UC 10,000, and Middleton can't have more than 5,000. Chattanooga is it over 100,000 or not? How many of those Chattanooga schools listed, if any give scholarships?

QUOTE(relocator @ Mar 20 2007 - 01:24 PM) 826418498[/snapback]i would have to argue about population bases and a bigger overall talent pool to draw from. Sfulton has about 3-4,000 people, UC 10,000, and Middleton can't have more than 5,000. Chattanooga is it over 100,000 or not? How many of those Chattanooga schools listed, if any give scholarships?

It may be true that Chattanooga is a bigger city but there are lots of schools to choose from.

Temple only has about 175 students.

Middleton has twice that many students and S. Fulton has a little over 200.

I really don't know how that makes too much of a difference.

As far as scholarships, Temple doesn't give scholarships to high school students.