Whites Creek's Nollner to return next year

TheBigRedDog

Whites Creek's Jim Nolner will return next year according to The Tennessean. In the piece, Nollner talks about the Cobras having a good nucleus of players coming back and some great middle schoolers coming into the program. Regarding the middle schoolers, the article states, "Ensworth has gotten one of them and they’re trying to get another one,” Nollner said. “But if we can get most of them, there will be a nucleus for the next four years.” Interesting that he would say that and that the paper would print it. Good luck to him and the Cobras.

Tennessean article

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Mar 19 2007 - 10:16 AM) 826417492[/snapback]Whites Creek's Jim Nolner will return next year according to The Tennessean. In the piece, Nollner talks about the Cobras having a good nucleus of players coming back and some great middle schoolers coming into the program. Regarding the middle schoolers, the article states, "Ensworth has gotten one of them and they’re trying to get another one,” Nollner said. “But if we can get most of them, there will be a nucleus for the next four years.” Interesting that he would say that and that the paper would print it. Good luck to him and the Cobras.

Tennessean article

Interesting /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(TheBigRedDog @ Mar 19 2007 - 11:16 AM) 826417492[/snapback]Whites Creek's Jim Nolner will return next year according to The Tennessean. In the piece, Nollner talks about the Cobras having a good nucleus of players coming back and some great middle schoolers coming into the program. Regarding the middle schoolers, the article states, "Ensworth has gotten one of them and they’re trying to get another one,” Nollner said. “But if we can get most of them, there will be a nucleus for the next four years.” Interesting that he would say that and that the paper would print it. Good luck to him and the Cobras.

Tennessean article

It is great to hear Coach Nollner is coming back. He is one of the great basketball minds in Tennesseee high school sports. He always has a great team at Whites Creek. Having spoke with Coach Nollner a few times I can tell you he is one to not ever be short on words, and he will always speak honestly. I am sure about Ensworth he was just saying what he was thinking. It is nothing new for the private schools to be trying to pry away talent from the publics. It has been seen in Memphis with talent going away from various middle schools to the privates. Sure it happens all across the state, but it is very hard to control because there are so many people involved, and so many with indirect ties to the school.

Second, is it recruiting if a player on a team, public or private starts talking to anoth player about coming to their school so those guys are girls can play on the same team, and the coach has nothing to do with it? That does happen, and the coach had no influence in the situation.

In my opinion, coach Nollner was doing to much coaching in the state semis against Maryville. Why did he insist on slowing down the game with all of those athletes. Continually running 25 and 30 seconds off of the clock when his team was barely ahead at the start of the 4th quarter. When you got the horses, you have got to let them go. The reigns were just too tight last Friday night.

QUOTE(etcoach @ Mar 19 2007 - 02:02 PM) 826417651[/snapback]In my opinion, coach Nollner was doing to much coaching in the state semis against Maryville. Why did he insist on slowing down the game with all of those athletes. Continually running 25 and 30 seconds off of the clock when his team was barely ahead at the start of the 4th quarter. When you got the horses, you have got to let them go. The reigns were just too tight last Friday night.

I couldn't agree more. I was loving watching White's Creek slow it down after Maryville just came from an all out overtime game versus Bradley Central the previous night. I thought he played right into Maryville's hands.

QUOTE(MLREB @ Mar 19 2007 - 02:08 PM) 826417658[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more. I was loving watching White's Creek slow it down after Maryville just came from an all out overtime game versus Bradley Central the previous night. I thought he played right into Maryville's hands.

Both of you couldn't have said it better.........................

Why??????????????????

Mind Boggling to say the least....................

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 19 2007 - 12:31 PM) 826417574[/snapback]It is great to hear Coach Nollner is coming back. He is one of the great basketball minds in Tennesseee high school sports. He always has a great team at Whites Creek. Having spoke with Coach Nollner a few times I can tell you he is one to not ever be short on words, and he will always speak honestly. I am sure about Ensworth he was just saying what he was thinking. It is nothing new for the private schools to be trying to pry away talent from the publics. It has been seen in Memphis with talent going away from various middle schools to the privates. Sure it happens all across the state, but it is very hard to control because there are so many people involved, and so many with indirect ties to the school.

Second, is it recruiting if a player on a team, public or private starts talking to anoth player about coming to their school so those guys are girls can play on the same team, and the coach has nothing to do with it? That does happen, and the coach had no influence in the situation.

I'm not sure about all what is legal and what is illegal when it comes to recruiting. I assume if its kept between the students, there is nothing the TSSAA can do about it. Also, being in Division II, Ensworth, and the others can search for students pretty freely. I beleive the Ensworth coaches have developed quite a relationship with some of the feeder schools to Whites Creek, McGavock, etc. and also with some of the AAU coaches in those areas. Their three best players were all on the same AAU team and zoned for McGavock, I beleive, and somehow all ended up at Ensworth, a brand new school. Interesting.