Hampton Is Back!

hhsfanforlife

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(warts4u @ Mar 22 2007 - 08:45 AM) 826420084[/snapback]Beef on McClain?? McClain brought his woes on himself, and in return the program suffered. What has the program done since he took over?? All we heard was the drop to single A and the introductiion of McClain were the anwsers to all Hamptons problems. He took over with the induction of probably one of the most athletic classes Hampton has had in years plus the addition of Lunceford with that group and it has always been their young wait till next year. Guess what next year they will be Seniors and still nothing. Pride and arrogance are two different things fanforlife. He has plenty of arrogance and thats not a bad thing if you can back it up. He hasn't. I love the Dogs, and will support them, but I do want the best for them.

I saw this team play a CD in the tourney. I will have to say I was very impressed with them athletically. Not many 1A teams have that depth in the post positions. That impressed me. Did not see much heart out of some of the other guys. Point guard had some hustle and another guard but others did not seem to care. How much of this goes back to coaching, quiet a bit I would say. It also goes back the character and heart of the kids. After reading some of the posts on here I am wondering how much of this is due to the turmoil that seems to be going on? I sincerely hope to see these guys back a CD next year. That kid that kid that bounced like a rabbit could probably get some looks at the college level. I hope the coaching problems are worked out and a team emerges from the fog. It would be a real treat to see what you guys can really do.

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Mar 19 2007 - 01:45 PM) 826417583[/snapback]Topics about the next hampton team to come up.

some great juniors coming in.

haha!!! great juniors? have you watched the juniors play? DR is pretty good but that is where the buck stops. after this year, hampton will be down in every sport for about 2 or 3 years. didnt these juniors get annihalated by everybody when they were in 8th grade? if my memory serves me correct, they only won 4 or 5 games...

QUOTE(Lord Vader @ Mar 26 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826423192[/snapback]haha!!! great juniors? have you watched the juniors play? DR is pretty good but that is where the buck stops. after this year, hampton will be down in every sport for about 2 or 3 years. didnt these juniors get annihalated by everybody when they were in 8th grade? if my memory serves me correct, they only won 4 or 5 games...

who are and why are you bringing up 8th grade we only lost seven games in 8th grade and dr is good but honestly there more players better than him dj puckket josh lipford alex chambers cody clemons

get real

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Mar 26 2007 - 04:47 PM) 826423195[/snapback]who are and why are you bringing up 8th grade we only lost seven games in 8th grade and dr is good but honestly there more players better than him dj puckket josh lipford alex chambers cody clemons

get real

they won 17 games

You know what i think they should do about this? Quit bickering back and forth about who the coach is and who is getting more playing time and yoda yoda yoad...The players need to have enough heart and dedication to get in that gym and work there butts off for their coach, their community, and theirselves. Take pride in the colors they wear and put forth the effort to return Hampton to the top. Since i was a freshman thats all i ever wanted to do. I have spent more hours in that gym and weightroom than i have at my own house, just to try to make a difference on the court or on the field. It doesnt matter who the coach is or if he is any good (You could have Coach K as your coach but if you are not willing to give it your all it isnt going to matter) , its about who has the most heart and pride in their school to step out on that court or field every night and give thier absolute best no matter what. PRIDE, HUSTLE, DESIRE

Jonathan Lyons

QUOTE(newdog2015 @ Mar 26 2007 - 05:18 PM) 826423210[/snapback]You know what i think they should do about this? Quit bickering back and forth about who the coach is and who is getting more playing time and yoda yoda yoad...The players need to have enough heart and dedication to get in that gym and work there butts off for their coach, their community, and theirselves. Take pride in the colors they wear and put forth the effort to return Hampton to the top. Since i was a freshman thats all i ever wanted to do. I have spent more hours in that gym and weightroom than i have at my own house, just to try to make a difference on the court or on the field. It doesnt matter who the coach is or if he is any good (You could have Coach K as your coach but if you are not willing to give it your all it isnt going to matter) , its about who has the most heart and pride in their school to step out on that court or field every night and give thier absolute best no matter what. PRIDE, HUSTLE, DESIRE

Jonathan Lyons

finally someone here to stop this thank you john where were you earlier.

QUOTE(hhsfanforlife @ Mar 20 2007 - 11:04 AM) 826418478[/snapback]do you guys think you truely know whats going on hhhhhmmmmmm no I want to know how your associated with hampton basketball.

Im a player and know all so back off.

Question is did you think you truely knew what was going on hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm NO.

Well you can breath a sigh of relief - Hampton will have a new coach next season. Article in the JC Press Prep Notes - McClain quit. Should be interesting to see who gets the job since it stated that they might not have any open positions so they may fill within. Anyone want to guess who that will be????

QUOTE(hayseed @ Mar 27 2007 - 10:17 AM) 826423784[/snapback]Well you can breath a sigh of relief - Hampton will have a new coach next season. Article in the JC Press Prep Notes - McClain quit. Should be interesting to see who gets the job since it stated that they might not have any open positions so they may fill within. Anyone want to guess who that will be????

i bet they will creat a position if they hire outside the school funny how they work with numbers in haimpton.cheaters never win and winners never cheat.........................................

QUOTE(molesniper @ Mar 27 2007 - 09:52 AM) 826423820[/snapback]i bet they will creat a position if they hire outside the school funny how they work with numbers in haimpton.cheaters never win and winners never cheat.........................................

Sounds just like Hampton to me!!!!! Maby someone from the "supper asst. staff" will take it. There's a good bet this will hapen "IF" the "NUMBERS" stay the same, and I think you know what I mean.(students not staff) (for the lay person)