Smyrna 2007

january25

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cat, do you suppose that Wilkes will verbally sign with UT?

I can tell you from speaking with Rod that he is leaning more towards Florida at the moment than Tennessee. You should see their facilities!! I am a die hard UT fan but if Rod goes to Florida I may have to change, at least be neutral during one game of the year! But it's looking like Florida and did you hear about the article on Rod that was written in the Knoxville paper? After that I would tell UT to kiss off.

i think Smyrna has the best chance to repeat this year not only cause most of there starters where juniors but because of the underclassmen and its talent that smyrna is gaing....i pick this lineup off of a website so take a look at it

Offense i-set

QB Sonny Gray 177lbs 6'0, #2

TB David Sanders 154lbs 5'6 #20/Jarvis hicks 188lbs 5'8 #32

FB Josh Daye 188lbs 5'11 ,#45

WR Rodriguez wilks 6'3 ,#5

WR Will martin 6'0, #9

TE Kelly Thompson 6'0 ,, #42

RG Tyler Eady 6'3, ,#65

RT Cassidy spence

LT MAtt refreno 5'11 #55

C Tyler Montgemery 5'10,#79

LG Quetin allen 6'3 #56

defense 3-3-5

DE Quetin allen 6'3 #56

DT Matt refreno 5'11 #55

DE Jermey king 6'2 #83

LB Tony carr 6'0 #47

LB Josh Daye 5'11 #45

LB Sean McKay 6'0 #34

SS Will martin 6'0 #9

SS Andrew Wiggins #12/ Deion Wade

FS Rodriguez Wilkes /Cody Hager #81

CB Jonah Hendricks #21

CB David Sanders 5'6 #20/Cleave Shaw 5'7 #18

new faces to smyrna's startin up

RB/LB Jarvis Hicks 192lbs /will play runnig back if can stay in shape #32

LB/Fb Tony Carr 177lbs/will fill in the other linebacler job,#47

FB/LB Brandon Hendricks/will play tailback at times and fullback,#31

CB/RB Cleave Shaw 150lbs/Will See time at cornerback and tailback#18

WR/FS Cody hager 161lbs/will see time at receiver,#81

RB/Cb David Sanders/is the projected starter at Tailback,#20

LB Kyle Frazier/is a project starter at linebacker,#11

LB Cody williams/ Very strong canidate for strong safety,#23

K/P/LB Chris Yoder /used his transfer time working on kicking,#28

LG/DT James hudson / a good canidate for RT,#54

DE/WR Nick Richarson/will see time at tightend and receiver,#15

3 outstanding transefers

1 Deion Wade,Oakland High School Junior

Cornerback/wide Receiver

Has good size for a cornerback,has decent speedbut lacks knowledge of Position.

2 Jarvis Hicks,laVernge high school Junior

Runningback/Linebacker

Has the buiser style body,has great accelaration.very strong and powerful.

3 Dakota brown,Riverdale High school

Defensive tackle/Tackle

A very big lineman ,very strong and know how to play his position.

some great upcoming starters

Tony Carr, Senior

Linebacker/Fullback

Has Dealt with injuries,but is a force at linebaker.

Senior.Currently No.47

Brandon Hendricks Senior

Fullback,linebacker

Has speed of a tailback,but is to big to play that position.

Currently No.43

Cleave Shaw,Juinor

Cornerback/Runningback

Tremendous speed,Very physical,Has great potential,But undersized

Currently No.18

Andrew Jenkins sophmore

Strong safety/Wideout

Has great awarness,Could be the only sophmore with pt.

Sean Mckay,Juinor

Linebacker/fullback

Has The body of a Big DB but will hit you like a Josh daye

Cody Hager, juinor

Wide receiver/Cornerback/free saftey

will add help where its needed.very tall and phyiscal....but Extremly slow for his size.

NEVER WILL DIEON WADE BE GOOD... HE DIDNT DO NOTHIN AT OHS WHAT MAKES YOU THINK HE CAN GO TO SHS AND DO SOMETHIN

Hey fizzlenation.........learn to spell Deion 's name first of all. Second.....get your facts straight.....he is at Oakland, not Smyrna. Third........realize that a superior weight program can work wonders on someone you haven't seen since 8th grade.

I would take Deion Wade ANYDAY over someone like you anyway. He has a great attitude, work ethic, and is very coachable. PLUS....he knows not to get on this forum and run his mouth. Take a lesson.......

Hey fizzlenation.........learn to spell Deion 's name first of all. Second.....get your facts straight.....he is at Oakland, not Smyrna. Third........realize that a superior weight program can work wonders on someone you haven't seen since 8th grade.

I would take Deion Wade ANYDAY over someone like you anyway. He has a great attitude, work ethic, and is very coachable. PLUS....he knows not to get on this forum and run his mouth. Take a lesson.......

ha ha tell em 2PRICELESS

rumour that smyrna has black uniforms this year?

Anybody that knows Mr Raikes knows that will never happen. So sorry but that is a rumor.

As for a post earlier about Rod and UT - well I stood right next to David Cutcliff at a spring practice and he made it very clear UT wants Rod and sees him fitting into the Robert Meachum spot there. (they also want Spurlock)

He can pretty much go where ever he wants. The real crunch will come later when teams put on the pressure to committ or they will offer others. At some point these big time schools have to get their class together and will begin to seek firm committments or move on.

Right now I can say he honestly does not know where he is going and keeping all options open.

As for Smyrna

as everyone knows they usually are a slow starting team and could care less about winning scrimmages so when you hear scrimmage results remeber Shad has a plan to get looks at what he wants and could care less about scrimmage scores.

The tb position is extremely competitive and the effort in practice from all the players vying for that position is the highest I have ever seen. Every drill every play every scrimmage these guys are busting it. They know get it done or sit. It was even increased further when a freshman (jerimiah bryson) was added to the mix and took his 1st 3 carries to the house.

The coaching staff that I think made all the difference in the world in 06 got even more experienced with the additons of Coach Mitchell from Oakland and coach Wyant from riverdale. Both bring a lot of experience to the table.

Who knows what will happen but as I have said we at least have the talent to be in the hunt.

Smyrna, is the team to beat this year. I don't know how the papers could pick RHS to win the state over Smyrna but Smyrna to win the District, come on. I was always taught that you are the Champion until someone beats you and Smyrna has the swagger and talent to repeat. They do have some weaknesses, I think they will miss Hendricks and Harris more than they think. Hicks and David are good backs but neither is Hendricks or Harris, Hicks is a big back who can get you tough yards but not a break away back, David is a speedster but just not big enough to carry the load every down in 5A. Smyrna is going down to Bell Buckle to work with BGA today, it is a work day not so much of a scrimmage. I don't think it will help Smyrna much except that they get to practice with other people but it will help BGA a lot to see the talent level that Smyrna has because that is what Brentwood Academy and Baylor will look like (BGA moved up to the BA - Baylor Division). BGA has a couple of very talented athletes at the skill positions, I saw them at LaVergne's 7 on 7, the QB and WR's were very decent and the RB's can catch and are explosive. From talking with several parents they just don't have depth at a school that only has 1,200 kids in grades K - 12 and half of them are girls. Good luck to both schools and I applaud BGA's coaching staff for having their kids compete with the best, that is how you improve. Now, back to the meat of 5A, I think it will fall like this Smyrna and Riverdale are the cream and then Oakland and LaVergne will fight for the 3rd spot, depending on the QB situation at LaVergne because he has a ton of WRs and he just has to get it in their area, they go get the football, Blackman will be improved but will be young, they could surprise some teams with how athletic they are, Wilson Central, siegel and Lebanon round out the bottom of the division. What does everyone else think?

FootballDoc, not the craziest thing i have ever heard, if you remember last year the same thing happened but the 2 teams in opposite roles, riverdale winning region then smyrna going on to win state. i think riverdale will go ahead and make the sweep of both this year.

the region will be tough, i am honestly suprised to see where people are picking some of the teams, i think these will round out the 4 playoff spots:

Riverdale

Smyrna

Lebanon

Blackman

FootballDoc, not the craziest thing i have ever heard, if you remember last year the same thing happened but the 2 teams in opposite roles, riverdale winning region then smyrna going on to win state. i think riverdale will go ahead and make the sweep of both this year.

the region will be tough, i am honestly suprised to see where people are picking some of the teams, i think these will round out the 4 playoff spots:

Riverdale

Smyrna

Lebanon

Blackman

The difference last year Smyrna only thought they could beat Riverdale, this year they know they can beat them. Like I said earlier Smyrna has a confident swagger that will carry them along way as long as they don't let it go to their heads. Blackman is still one year away, they will have too many Sophomores playing key roles this year but the experience will help them the following year.

since i no longer play for riverdale i cant really speak for the team but i dont believe the mindset towards smyrna has changed at all i think it more a taste of bitterness cause i can guarantee its not a case of intimidation. i believe its a fair statement even looking at the game after riverdale lost that they were the better team in 2006. i am very excited to see how this year plays out and you can guarantee i will be in smyrna on saturday in week 0