Smyrna 2007

january25

Smotherman was well on his way before he suffered a knee injury in the spring. He had earned a couple of spots on various special teams and a spot in the defensive tackle rotation that sees extensive playing time. He is still rehabbing right now, but is expected to pick up where he left off. Not bad for a red shirt freshmen.

That is very true. Smo did great during his redshirt year, was named Defensive Scout Team Player of the Year by the coaching staff and this spring, he was really making a push towards being on the 2-deep at DT. Then he suffered a injury [nothing real serious, but still enough that VU's coaches didn't want to cause potential for further injury had he tried to rush back] but that did cause him to significant snaps. Still, Coach Logo [DL coach] and Coach Fowler [VU DC] really love Smo's speed, athleticism, and aggressiveness and they are counting on him to be able to get well over the summer and work on everything and come in during the preseason and make that push for 4th DT in the rotation. They really would like for Adam to solidify that spot this preseason and they are confident he will.

I write for VandySports.com and was the only member of the media at every Vanderbilt spring practice this year and I'd say that before the injury after the first week...Smo was the top RS freshman at the camp.

I believe Johnson's going to see his PT increase at UT because he's more familiar now and because they are real thin there with Fellows being kicked off the team recently.

James Williams is going to redshirt this year cause Vanderbilt has a lot of upper classmen among their OL's..but he'll figure into the depth in 2008 and likely be challenging for a starting job too then or maybe in 2009...it's all up to how he attacks the weight room [which in interviewing, I'm confident he will] and further builds up his strength.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back up qb - woodard

bryson - in my opinion (no coach has told me this) he will be worked into the varsity tb rotation and see considerable pt on the varsity. He is the best tb prospect I have seen at Smyrna and could have a huge impact there.

QUOTE(82cat @ May 10 2007 - 07:38 AM) 826456232[/snapback]back up qb - woodard

bryson - in my opinion (no coach has told me this) he will be worked into the varsity tb rotation and see considerable pt on the varsity. He is the best tb prospect I have seen at Smyrna and could have a huge impact there.

Got to see Bryson a little this spring, and I think he has much potential.

2p - you know the answer to that question

It would be interesting to know how anyone has "seen Brysons potential this spring" since he is not at the hs yet and has not practiced.

now I have seen him, and he has gotten bigger and certainly looks stronger but I guess we will see this fall.

Once again I see him worked into the tb rotation on varsity

Oh Cat, you know that I knew the answer to that. I know Smyrna is not stupid enough to jeopardize their future with something foolish like that. I think it is humorous how bdogg thinks he is all the sudden an expert on Smyrna football. Too late for that to be believable if you ask me. But quite humorous......hahahah.

smyrna 2's and 3's 12 lc zero

smyrna varsity 14 lc 8

smyrna long pass to wilkes and 6 or 7 yd td run by hicks smyrna lead 14 to zero till last qtr

lc- huge up front really good qb especially running the ball but not much overall team speed.

smyrna - wilkes played very little but looked very impressive. hicks looked better at tb and the back up qb for smyrna did a really good job

smyrna may have found a tb in brandon hendricks ( antoine hendricks from last yrs little brother) he is a bruiser and runs with abandon

concerns for smyrna - tb is still the big question mark? who will take the spot ? who will get the carries? in the mix right now

jarvis hicks - bruiser a jerome bettis type

sanders - small but strong a barry sanders type ( didnt play but one play is banged up)

brandon hendricks - good combo of speed and power

salvato - wow he runs hard

donovan craig ( didn't play injured)

bryson (whenever he gets to hs will probably get a shot)

the good news is smyrna is very deep at this position but still waiting to see if anyone takes this spot over

db - have a shut down corner in jonah ( had one int) and safety is set with rod the rest is still a work in progress

did not play

josh day (bcbs defensive mvp)

sonny gray - was busy throwing a one hit shut out over 8 innings and striking out 18 in sub state game. He may have made smyrna a little better in the scrimmage /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lc - will win their region but may struggle against teams that have speed and can throw

smyrna- lots of talent and very deep as i said before they have enough talent to be in the chamionship hunt

and the best was the offensive line did a great job and smyrna was able to run it pretty well without much of a pasing threat

still a lot of work to do to be ready to compete this fall