Smyrna 2007

january25

QUOTE(82cat @ May 15 2007 - 07:07 AM) 826459332[/snapback]smyrna 2's and 3's 12 lc zero

smyrna varsity 14 lc 8

smyrna long pass to wilkes and 6 or 7 yd td run by hicks smyrna lead 14 to zero till last qtr

lc- huge up front really good qb especially running the ball but not much overall team speed.

smyrna - wilkes played very little but looked very impressive. hicks looked better at tb and the back up qb for smyrna did a really good job

smyrna may have found a tb in brandon hendricks ( antoine hendricks from last yrs little brother) he is a bruiser and runs with abandon

concerns for smyrna - tb is still the big question mark? who will take the spot ? who will get the carries? in the mix right now

jarvis hicks - bruiser a jerome bettis type

sanders - small but strong a barry sanders type ( didnt play but one play is banged up)

brandon hendricks - good combo of speed and power

salvato - wow he runs hard

donovan craig ( didn't play injured)

bryson (whenever he gets to hs will probably get a shot)

the good news is smyrna is very deep at this position but still waiting to see if anyone takes this spot over

db - have a shut down corner in jonah ( had one int) and safety is set with rod the rest is still a work in progress

did not play

josh day (bcbs defensive mvp)

sonny gray - was busy throwing a one hit shut out over 8 innings and striking out 18 in sub state game. He may have made smyrna a little better in the scrimmage /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

lc - will win their region but may struggle against teams that have speed and can throw

smyrna- lots of talent and very deep as i said before they have enough talent to be in the chamionship hunt

and the best was the offensive line did a great job and smyrna was able to run it pretty well without much of a pasing threat

still a lot of work to do to be ready to compete this fall

"Cliff Notes Version"-Smyrna is loaded again so anyone playing them better be ready. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Gonna be a tough season again in Region 4.

Good luck to both Smyrna and Oakland in Baseball. If they wind up playing each other it might get me out in the sun to watch that game. To me that WILL be the State Championship game.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Smyrna is a good team and i really hope we have the strength and the power to make all the way to state again!! I cant wait till football season again!!!!! Good Luck Boyz and Good Luck to every one else!! May yall have a save year!!!! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

best i can tell

smyrna is skinny but are really good swimmers

they are smaller than last year but slow

probably won't win a game

NEW TEAM NEW YEAR

last time I checked , points - wins and chamionships do not have any statistical relevance the next year the scoreboard still starts zero to zero.

Obviously has a good nucleus coming back and enough talent to be in the hunt

You can book it region 4 will be as tough as ever in 07 and the 3rd and 4th place spot will be brutal and you can mark it down some type tie breaker will come into play because i believe all those teams will beat each other.

Since Smyrna plays on satrurday night 8/25 where is the best region game on 8/24 because you know i will be there

best i can tell

smyrna is skinny but are really good swimmers

they are smaller than last year but slow

probably won't win a game

NEW TEAM NEW YEAR

last time I checked , points - wins and chamionships do not have any statistical relevance the next year the scoreboard still starts zero to zero.

Obviously has a good nucleus coming back and enough talent to be in the hunt

You can book it region 4 will be as tough as ever in 07 and the 3rd and 4th place spot will be brutal and you can mark it down some type tie breaker will come into play because i believe all those teams will beat each other.

Since Smyrna plays on satrurday night 8/25 where is the best region game on 8/24 because you know i will be there

There are only two other region games on 8/24: Blackman at LaVergne and Riverdale at Oakland. Lebanon is off and Wilson Central plays non-region.

This game is at Riverdale.

Still will have better food! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If at Oakland will have the hotdogs, if at R'dale will have the steak sandwich.

If at LaVergne you have the porta potty's whatever you eat and if at Blackman you have rock music to wash whatever down.

Still will have better food! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> If at Oakland will have the hotdogs, if at R'dale will have the steak sandwich.

If at LaVergne you have the porta potty's whatever you eat and if at Blackman you have rock music to wash whatever down.

True on every account!!!