Head Coaches who are not teachers...

VBallsportsfan

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 21 2007 - 10:03 PM) 826419914[/snapback]I was not referring to you, but just how many different beliefs we had on this board about the rule, when it is so easily found on the website.

Thats cool.

yeah everyone should consult tssaa handbooks first and that one is clear. some are not though. whole different topic.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(babydoll26 @ Mar 21 2007 - 08:06 PM) 826419807[/snapback]You don't hire someone to coach only.All of the coaches I had while in school also taught. For example, the head baseball coach taught World Geography. The head football coah taught Driver's Ed. The conditioning coach for the football team taught Lifetime Wellness. One of the assistants in baseball taught economics.

This used to be very true...but today it's hard to find teachers who want to coach....there are to many headaches. It takes someone who loves the sport and will jump in head first, whether it is a teacher or non-teacher.

QUOTE(coach15 @ Mar 22 2007 - 01:05 PM) 826[/snapback]This used to be very true...but today it's hard to find teachers who want to coach....there are to many headaches. It takes someone who loves the sport and will jump in head first, whether it is a teacher or non-teacher.

or it takes someone not tenured yet they may coach tennis or somthing for 3 years and recieve their tenure and step donw from their coaching obligations lol

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 21 2007 - 09:03 PM) 826419914[/snapback]I was not referring to you, but just how many different beliefs we had on this board about the rule, when it is so easily found on the website.

realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's up westtnballer!!!!!!!!! you look like you are on top of your game!!!!!!

QUOTE(silk3 @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:46 PM) 826420792[/snapback]realllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what's up westtnballer!!!!!!!!! you look like you are on top of your game!!!!!!

I always am my friend. Your Vols could have used you for that last second shot against Ohio St.

Now if I can just find one of these jobs they are talking about, things will be ok.

QUOTE(westtnbballer @ Mar 22 2007 - 11:04 PM) 826420807[/snapback]I always am my friend. Your Vols could have used you for that last second shot against Ohio St.

Now if I can just find one of these jobs they are talking about, things will be ok.

The other posters remember WTNBB's screen name. Some day you will see his name at a school in Tennessee with a head coaching job. maybe at that time wtb will expose his identity and also his talents with young players. Good Luck.

QUOTE(PHargis @ Mar 27 2007 - 05:35 PM) 826424242[/snapback]The other posters remember WTNBB's screen name. Some day you will see his name at a school in Tennessee with a head coaching job. maybe at that time wtb will expose his identity and also his talents with young players. Good Luck.

And I thought the question was about girls basketball coaches that could not teach, I mean basketball.