Maryville Coach

Jakeleg Jake

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Eldridge is a class act no doubt about it. He is a great coach and great person. He is to be commended on winning the AAA title. Any school would be fortunate to have him as their head basketball coach. On the other hand, Coach Melton has compiled 46-18 record in his two years at the helm for LA. 72% winning percentage is not bad. We will never know what Coach Eldridge could have done had he been at LA. Would he won more games than Coach Melton? Who knows, but I think Melton has done a good job in his tenure at LA. Whether you like or dislike his sideline demeanor, regardless of what a lot of people will say, the W's and L's is the measuring stick. And as I stated earlier, 46 Wins in 2 seasons is pretty good.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826425678[/snapback]Mark Eldridge is a class act no doubt about it. He is a great coach and great person. He is to be commended on winning the AAA title. Any school would be fortunate to have him as their head basketball coach. On the other hand, Coach Melton has compiled 46-18 record in his two years at the helm for LA. 72% winning percentage is not bad. We will never know what Coach Eldridge could have done had he been at LA, but I think Melton has done a good job in his tenure at LA. Whether you like or dislike his sideline demeanor, regardless of what a lot of people will say, the W's and L's is the measuring stick. And as I stated earlier, 46 Wins in 2 seasons is pretty good.

well I am not putting down neither one of the coaches i was just sayin i wonder how la would have been wit coach E.

QUOTE(bubblegum99 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:06 AM) 826425678[/snapback]Mark Eldridge is a class act no doubt about it. He is a great coach and great person. He is to be commended on winning the AAA title. Any school would be fortunate to have him as their head basketball coach. On the other hand, Coach Melton has compiled 46-18 record in his two years at the helm for LA. 72% winning percentage is not bad. We will never know what Coach Eldridge could have done had he been at LA, but I think Melton has done a good job in his tenure at LA. Whether you like or dislike his sideline demeanor, regardless of what a lot of people will say, the W's and L's is the measuring stick. And as I stated earlier, 46 Wins in 2 seasons is pretty good.

it's not hard to compile 46 wins in district 7aa and playing 10 single a teams in a year. it doesn't matter how many games you win in the regular season what matters is how many you win in the tourney. it looks like coach eldridge has done a pretty good job at that both at anderson county and now at maryville.

QUOTE(sweep22 @ Mar 29 2007 - 10:31 AM) 826425701[/snapback]it's not hard to compile 46 wins in district 7aa and playing 10 single a teams in a year. it doesn't matter how many games you win in the regular season what matters is how many you win in the tourney. it looks like coach eldridge has done a pretty good job at that both at anderson county and now at maryville.

As I said, Coach Eldridge is a great coach with a proven record. He is a credit to his profession. But sweep you have lost me. Other than Jackson Co. and Pickett Co., who are the other EIGHT single A teams LA played this year? And can you hold against a coach the district he has to play in ?

QUOTE(sweep22 @ Mar 29 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826425701[/snapback]it's not hard to compile 46 wins in district 7aa and playing 10 single a teams in a year. it doesn't matter how many games you win in the regular season what matters is how many you win in the tourney. it looks like coach eldridge has done a pretty good job at that both at anderson county and now at maryville.

LA's schedule finished ranked 13th and 15th on coacht's strength rankings. LA played 11 games last season against AAA schools and 4 games against 1A schools. District 7AA went 2-2 in the first round of the region.

I will have to agree with you, though. What everyone remembers is how the season ended.

Congrats to Coach Eldridge!

QUOTE(scrubadubdub @ Mar 29 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826425790[/snapback]LA's schedule finished ranked 13th and 15th on coacht's strength rankings. LA played 11 games last season against AAA schools and 4 games against 1A schools. District 7AA went 2-2 in the first round of the region.

I will have to agree with you, though. What everyone remembers is how the season ended.

Congrats to Coach Eldridge!

Well for one thing that region would be ten times tougher if david lipscomb and mlk had not moved out of it. so think about that first

QUOTE(expo @ Mar 29 2007 - 04:01 PM) 826425967[/snapback]Well for one thing that region would be ten times tougher if david lipscomb and mlk had not moved out of it. so think about that first

once again you are correct. mlk and lipscomb would make it tougher.

why think about that first?

thinking about that first would be about the same as thinking of these things first.. in the late 80s LA was in the region with sequatchie county and those schools. would that make a difference now?

in the 90's LA was in the region with harriman and rockwood and those schools. would that make a difference now? probably. but what good does that do us to think about that now? schools don't get to decide what district or region they're in.

why do people always have to be so negative?

on that same note, it sure would be tough if LA had been in the district with Liberty, Bolivar, Mitchell, and those west tennessee schools. so think about that first /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(theDL @ Mar 23 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826421022[/snapback]Let theDL also inform you about an uncredited coach this season this year for the Rebels. You might know him, his name is Coach Quarles. Rumor has it that he had been working with the basketball team since this summer. Apparently its all 'under-the-radar' coaching and very little speak of it. Makes sense to the DL, because those who know him say he is a very humble man. So it is true friends? Does everything he touch turn to Gold? Congrats on the great season!

The DL has the DL /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> (and that's down low my friends) /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I have a tremendous amount of respect for GQ, but Mark Eldridge doesn't need any help winning basketball games. It is great that they have a wonderful relationship and that they have decided to work together and share athletes. That will only make things better for the school and the students. Maryville is all class and they have just added another winner, in Mark Eldridge, to their program.

QUOTE(scrubadubdub @ Mar 30 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826426402[/snapback]once again you are correct. mlk and lipscomb would make it tougher.

why think about that first?

thinking about that first would be about the same as thinking of these things first.. in the late 80s LA was in the region with sequatchie county and those schools. would that make a difference now?

in the 90's LA was in the region with harriman and rockwood and those schools. would that make a difference now? probably. but what good does that do us to think about that now? schools don't get to decide what district or region they're in.

why do people always have to be so negative?

on that same note, it sure would be tough if LA had been in the district with Liberty, Bolivar, Mitchell, and those west tennessee schools. so think about that first /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

well i jus wanna see la win the region. its been a long time which will probably wont happen