The Best Choice for Hampton?

DekeRivers

Not many people in life get to see their dreams come true like Jason Witten did, we talk about it, dream of it, and hope to live it someday.

The road to coaching Hampton High School, started off with a visit to Little Milligan Elementary school to pick up brother after a basketball game. When J.R, passed under the door leading to the Buffalo's gym, life changed paths for him and the path to filling Coach Van Huss and Jerry Whites shoes begin..

As a boy J.R. learned that it was the little things that mattered most in life and after years of coaching in middle and high school has returned to be the principal at Little Milligan School. He has done so much for the community school but one dream still remains.. Like the smell of Biscuits and Gravy in the morning when you passed by Hampton, you smell basketball..

Now with that job available the only real choice is J.R. Campbell. The road to White-VanHuss gym should aready be in the minds of the mentors and it begins up the road on Hwy 321..

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DekeRivers @ Mar 27 2007 - 06:52 AM) 826423666[/snapback]Not many people in life get to see their dreams come true like Jason Witten did, we talk about it, dream of it, and hope to live it someday.

The road to coaching Hampton High School, started off with a visit to Little Milligan Elementary school to pick up brother after a basketball game. When J.R, passed under the door leading to the Buffalo's gym, life changed paths for him and the path to filling Coach Van Huss and Jerry Whites shoes begin..

As a boy J.R. learned that it was the little things that mattered most in life and after years of coaching in middle and high school has returned to be the principal at Little Milligan School. He has done so much for the community school but one dream still remains.. Like the smell of Biscuits and Gravy in the morning when you passed by Hampton, you smell basketball..

Now with that job available the only real choice is J.R. Campbell. The road to White-VanHuss gym should aready be in the minds of the mentors and it begins up the road on Hwy 321..

If they are going to hire from within as they say and LT doesn't want it I see no other choice. I know that he and LT would work great together and it would be a great fit for HHS. Here's hoping that it will happen..............

No Way! Hire J. R. Campbell to coach his Beloved Bulldogs? Are you crazy? Don't do it! . . . . Not unless you want to see the Coach who loves Hampton more than himself . . . .unless you want to see the Gym packed to the rafters when Cloudland, Johnson County, Elizabethton, Happy Valley, UNAKA play at Hampton.

Can you imagine? It's February. Unaka at Hampton - - tied for the conference lead?

I know for a FACT that J.R. is the 13th Disciple!! Nobody can build a birdhouse, train a Tennesee Moutain Walking horse, create a positive winning attitude in basketball and walk on water like he can. Besides why would brother give up the head girls job and A.D. job at Boone?

The world needs MORE leaders like JR Campbell!

Besides, there is nothing wrong with being a little crazy when you have a good heart.

QUOTE(Redalert @ Mar 27 2007 - 12:17 PM) 826424004[/snapback]I know for a FACT that J.R. is the 13th Disciple!! Nobody can build a birdhouse, train a Tennesee Moutain Walking horse, create a positive winning attitude in basketball and walk on water like he can. Besides why would brother give up the head girls job and A.D. job at Boone?

The world needs MORE leaders like JR Campbell!

Besides, there is nothing wrong with being a little crazy when you have a good heart.

Wow!

What an opportunity for Carter County Schools and Hampton High!

JR Campbell, little brother Tim,Ned Smith all of these men would do a great job at Hampton.

If Elizabethton makes their usuall POLITICAL hire and mistake to not give their job to Len Dugger, then someone at Betsy should quickly call JR or Tim Campbell and hire them as Head Basketball Coach.

Why would we expect that, they have already sit on their laurels and let Tony Gordon go to Morristown West. Gordon recently told an area sports writer that is a personal friend of mine that if he had his choice of any area job, it would be Elizabethton, sorry Coach, too late now,they have to play politics and pass over guys overqualified like you and Dugger.

I hoped that with Alexander getting his second chance that he would be able to look at the big picture and start fresh, doing whats right and needed for our system. It appears now that wont happen and they will continue to operate under the buddy system. By the way, I just heard today that Alexander will appoint one of his buddies as the next prinicipal at EHS. A friend of mine said that his Dr. and others are waiting for that critical mistake and then they will hit the media hard with past inappropriate actions of this young guy.

Some things never change, do they?

I no longer live in Betsy but Im from there and a Betsy fan, but you folks over there better get to your school board quick and stop this silly petty politics.

As I remember a certain administrator saying a few months ago, everyone deserves a second chance.Is Len Dugger getting his?

Dugger is one of the finest basketball coaches in this area, what did he do so bad, get caught up in building the best team he could get?

Did he pay to get the former Virgin Island boys to Eliz? I think not, he was only the coach that tried to make winners out of a bunch of small town boys. If thats a crime then maybe all area coaches should not be given a chance.

SHAME ON YOU ELIZABETHTON!

QUOTE(coachtcyclone @ Mar 27 2007 - 11:59 AM) 826424051[/snapback]Wow!

What an opportunity for Carter County Schools and Hampton High!

JR Campbell, little brother Tim,Ned Smith all of these men would do a great job at Hampton.

If Elizabethton makes their usuall POLITICAL hire and mistake to not give their job to Len Dugger, then someone at Betsy should quickly call JR or Tim Campbell and hire them as Head Basketball Coach.

Why would we expect that, they have already sit on their laurels and let Tony Gordon go to Morristown West. Gordon recently told an area sports writer that is a personal friend of mine that if he had his choice of any area job, it would be Elizabethton, sorry Coach, too late now,they have to play politics and pass over guys overqualified like you and Dugger.

I hoped that with Alexander getting his second chance that he would be able to look at the big picture and start fresh, doing whats right and needed for our system. It appears now that wont happen and they will continue to operate under the buddy system. By the way, I just heard today that Alexander will appoint one of his buddies as the next prinicipal at EHS. A friend of mine said that his Dr. and others are waiting for that critical mistake and then they will hit the media hard with past inappropriate actions of this young guy.

Some things never change, do they?

I no longer live in Betsy but Im from there and a Betsy fan, but you folks over there better get to your school board quick and stop this silly petty politics.

As I remember a certain administrator saying a few months ago, everyone deserves a second chance.Is Len Dugger getting his?

Dugger is one of the finest basketball coaches in this area, what did he do so bad, get caught up in building the best team he could get?

Did he pay to get the former Virgin Island boys to Eliz? I think not, he was only the coach that tried to make winners out of a bunch of small town boys. If thats a crime then maybe all area coaches should not be given a chance.

SHAME ON YOU ELIZABETHTON!

If Campbell gets the job look for Mike Matteson and maybe big maybe Len Dugger joining the staff

Wayne Ellis, why not, he has been JV coach for 5-6 years,if he is not good enough to be head coach then shouldn't be Jv coach. Wayne is a good guy and a good coach but might not be in the right clique. I think he deserves a shot at it.

QUOTE(DekeRivers @ Mar 27 2007 - 02:00 PM) 826424116[/snapback]If Campbell gets the job look for Mike Matteson and maybe big maybe Len Dugger joining the staff

As I've said many times before, JR Campbell is the perfect, ideal and best choice for the head coach spot. The guy's a proven winner, and he knows all about the long tradition at HHS in basketball. Len Dugger has too much baggage in his history to deal with, and besides EHS may take him back. I don't want to hear about Buddy Hazelwood being a candidate, because he had his shot and couldn't do it either. Campbell has been outside the school circle enough to not be one of the "chosen inner circle", which has been a real detriment to Hampton athletics in the past several years,I think, and I think we need a fresh viewpoint on how to run a program. JR knows how to get his plyers to play hard, how to win, and I think he's really the only candidate who should be seriously considered at this point.

QUOTE(Dawgfan88 @ Mar 27 2007 - 10:05 PM) 826424478[/snapback]As I've said many times before, JR Campbell is the perfect, ideal and best choice for the head coach spot. The guy's a proven winner, and he knows all about the long tradition at HHS in basketball. Len Dugger has too much baggage in his history to deal with, and besides EHS may take him back. I don't want to hear about Buddy Hazelwood being a candidate, because he had his shot and couldn't do it either. Campbell has been outside the school circle enough to not be one of the "chosen inner circle", which has been a real detriment to Hampton athletics in the past several years,I think, and I think we need a fresh viewpoint on how to run a program. JR knows how to get his plyers to play hard, how to win, and I think he's really the only candidate who should be seriously considered at this point.

JUST ONE QUESTION Dawgfan88, And all the folks in Hampton, What championships has J.R. ever won? This is not ment as a cut down,but you don't need someone to just babysit the boys do you? You folks have a rare opportunity, mate sure you get it right! It's my guess the new coach better preform small miricals, after all ,who still has the power and all the pull THINK ABOUT IT !!!!!!