NHSCA National Wrestling Rankings (Senior Nationals)

Ibleedpurpleandgold

Here are the rankings of some TN guys entered in Senior Nationals according to the NHSCA site (although these are dated January 28, 2007, this is still money in the bank):

6. Hunter Randolph Tennessee

11. Demetrius Johnson Tennessee

5. Ben Johnson Tennessee

1. Kelly Felix Tennessee

9. Reed Doster Tennessee

13. Jarriet Toney Tennessee

7. Daniel Waddell Tennessee

14. Travis Creagan Tennessee

Congratulations to these athletes and the many others that aren't ranked but are sure to make some noise this weekend. Good luck, I hope to see lots of hardware brought back home.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Mar 28 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826425062[/snapback]Here are the rankings of some TN guys entered in Senior Nationals according to the NHSCA site (although these are dated January 28, 2007, this is still money in the bank):

5. Ben Johnson Tennessee

1. Kelly Felix Tennessee

9. Reed Doster Tennessee

Congratulations to these athletes and the many others that aren't ranked but are sure to make some noise this weekend. Good luck, I hope to see lots of hardware brought back home.

hey does anybody know if Brandon Wright or Kerry Dowell is wrestling in the tournament? I believe they will do well also.

Is Spain going from Bradley and Morgan from Union County? Where is Mr Coffee?

It would freak some folks out to see Letner, Coffee, and Morgan wrestling and representing TN at 215. I don't know if we ever had 3 in one weight class from D-1 at NHSCA. This will be my first year to miss it in 4 years.

They like to give out the Avg GPA's of the young men there. Mr. Spain would crank up the average.

I wish the young men from our State well. It would be nice to have them crack the top 10.

What is the highest a TN Team has finished?

The 2003-2004 group did well but I don't remember what the finished.

QUOTE(Ibleedpurpleandgold @ Mar 28 2007 - 04:42 PM) 826425062[/snapback]Here are the rankings of some TN guys entered in Senior Nationals according to the NHSCA site (although these are dated January 28, 2007, this is still money in the bank):

5. Ben Johnson Tennessee

1. Kelly Felix Tennessee

9. Reed Doster Tennessee

i dont see johonson, kelly or randoplh even on the brackets why didnt they go

QUOTE(jukeboxhero17 @ Mar 30 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826426509[/snapback]i dont see johonson, kelly or randoplh even on the brackets why didnt they go

I went to the tournament, Kerry Dowell lost his first match to Jamal Parks from Ok, who ended up winning it. Beat Kerry pretty badly but that kid was impressive. Brandon Wright wrestled some incredible matches, he looked good on his way to a fourth place finish. Waddel from TN looked pretty impressive as well on his way to becoming an all-american, to bad he had to knock out Creagon from the cons but those are the breaks.

QUOTE(jukeboxhero17 @ Mar 30 2007 - 10:48 AM) 826426509[/snapback]i dont see johonson, kelly or randoplh even on the brackets why didnt they go

demetrius told me @ the pat nailen tournament last sat that his dad didnt want him to go (for whatever reason), but the master chief knows best thats for sure plus demetrius has already signed with UTC so whats the point i guess. But why kelly felix or hunter randolph didnt go that beats me. their choice though

QUOTE(#1OSUfan @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826430264[/snapback]demetrius told me @ the pat nailen tournament last sat that his dad didnt want him to go (for whatever reason), but the master chief knows best thats for sure plus demetrius has already signed with UTC so whats the point i guess. But why kelly felix or hunter randolph didnt go that beats me. their choice though

In Kelly's defense, he has signed with UTC also. He can use the same argument.

QUOTE(#1OSUfan @ Apr 4 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826430264[/snapback]demetrius told me @ the pat nailen tournament last sat that his dad didnt want him to go (for whatever reason), but the master chief knows best thats for sure plus demetrius has already signed with UTC so whats the point i guess. But why kelly felix or hunter randolph didnt go that beats me. their choice though

From a talk with both of them they also felt that Fargo was going to be Demetrius's concentration this year. I know that TN will certainly be glad to have him there as well as hopefully on the junior duals team.

QUOTE(WrestleSBA @ Apr 5 2007 - 08:55 AM) 826430504[/snapback]From a talk with both of them they also felt that Fargo was going to be Demetrius's concentration this year. I know that TN will certainly be glad to have him there as well as hopefully on the junior duals team.

What?

People have the choice to go to the Nationals or not. Some may use the excuse they have signed with a college program, therefore, no need to attend. It is what it is. However, don't snow us. People also don't go for fear of defeat. Now, before everybody jumps me, I am not saying any of these guys did this. I am only saying this is a reason also. It is what it is. Tennessee had 3 medalists in the Sr. Division and should be very proud of them. Many more were a match or two from All-American. A great showing for the state. Congrat's to those who competed.