LaVergne...?

defaultuser

QUOTE(defaultuser @ Mar 31 2007 - 10:50 PM) 826427380[/snapback]I never hear anything good about them. In fact never hear nothing about them. And apparently they are doing really good this year. They beat Hendersonville 2-1 so they don't sound bad. What do you guys think?

It is amazing that you would come on here and sign on trying to get people to talk good about your team by talking bad about your team. Yes you guys are getting better while the cross the street rivals are getting worse. Your coach has done a tremendous job there and he has worked hard. It is time to reap the benefits of his hard work but make no mistake...do not get cocky because that is when you will start to fail once again. Be humble and things will happen. Bottom line, you are good enough to make some noise this year but for pete's sake, do a better job in your english class.

QUOTE(ChadC @ Apr 1 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826427489[/snapback]It is amazing that you would come on here and sign on trying to get people to talk good about your team by talking bad about your team. Yes you guys are getting better while the cross the street rivals are getting worse. Your coach has done a tremendous job there and he has worked hard. It is time to reap the benefits of his hard work but make no mistake...do not get cocky because that is when you will start to fail once again. Be humble and things will happen. Bottom line, you are good enough to make some noise this year but for pete's sake, do a better job in your english class.

as an actual lavergne player, i assure you that "defaultuser" is not on lavergnes team. so anything mentioned about us bragging or anything like that, disreguard it. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> thanks.

QUOTE(LHSa08 @ Apr 1 2007 - 10:02 AM) 826427496[/snapback]as an actual lavergne player, i assure you that "defaultuser" is not on lavergnes team. so anything mentioned about us bragging or anything like that, disreguard it. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> thanks.

Yea, lol I don't go to lavergne I was seriously asking about them...I bet you feel dumb. Anybody else have anything to say about lavernge. oh by the way my team isnt even going to have to play lavernge unless we both make it real far, seriously...you should feel dumb saying im trying to make people say we are good. And i wasn't trying to say we are bad to make people say we are good....so yea

QUOTE(defaultuser @ Apr 1 2007 - 07:24 PM) 826427801[/snapback]Yea, lol I don't go to lavergne I was seriously asking about them...I bet you feel dumb. Anybody else have anything to say about lavernge. oh by the way my team isnt even going to have to play lavernge unless we both make it real far, seriously...you should feel dumb saying im trying to make people say we are good. And i wasn't trying to say we are bad to make people say we are good....so yea

Good question defuser. I was wondering the same thing and my kid goes to Hendersonville.

First off, I know a few kids on this team and they are good players. They are also not the type of players who like to talk about themselves. As far as how good they are, I think that is yet to be determined. When they played Blackman, yes we dominated, couldn't put it in the back of the net. However, you can't tell anything about preseason. For instance, most people probably didn't know they were missing two key midfielders when they played Blackman. Would it have made a difference, who knows. I know LaVergne has some talented players, so until someone proves otherwise, which pre-season doesn't count, they are a pretty good team IMO.

QUOTE(BlackmanSoccerDad @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:14 AM) 826428743[/snapback]First off, I know a few kids on this team and they are good players. They are also not the type of players who like to talk about themselves. As far as how good they are, I think that is yet to be determined. When they played Blackman, yes we dominated, couldn't put it in the back of the net. However, you can't tell anything about preseason. For instance, most people probably didn't know they were missing two key midfielders when they played Blackman. Would it have made a difference, who knows. I know LaVergne has some talented players, so until someone proves otherwise, which pre-season doesn't count, they are a pretty good team IMO.

Well we play them tonight at Glencliff. Both teams are undefeated right now and we usually have really good games with them so I am excited to play. Unfortunately our center mid got a hairline fracture in his collarbone the other day so we will be without him, but we have good subs so we adjust like any team does. I'll write back tomorrow and let you know what I think about them. I suspect they have a good team though and they have a good coach from what I heard so should be fun. Hope the rain stays away /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(YellowCardFever @ Apr 3 2007 - 08:19 AM) 826428752[/snapback]Well we play them tonight at Glencliff. Both teams are undefeated right now and we usually have really good games with them so I am excited to play. Unfortunately our center mid got a hairline fracture in his collarbone the other day so we will be without him, but we have good subs so we adjust like any team does. I'll write back tomorrow and let you know what I think about them. I suspect they have a good team though and they have a good coach from what I heard so should be fun. Hope the rain stays away /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yeah im a lavergne player.i didnt get to play against blackman.i wasnt able to.but i heard it was an ok game for us. we have the right players to do the job. its just if we really want it.but good luck YCF.ill see u on the field tonight.

QUOTE(LHSJH11 @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:51 AM) 826428891[/snapback]yeah im a lavergne player.i didnt get to play against blackman.i wasnt able to.but i heard it was an ok game for us. we have the right players to do the job. its just if we really want it.but good luck YCF.ill see u on the field tonight.

The game ended in a 0-0 tie. I'd say we(Glencliff) had the best opportunities the first half with a few good looks. The beginning of the second half was fairly even. By the end of the game Lavergne had the best looks with several direct and indirects right at the box ( darn refs /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ). We were a bit tired with two starters out tonight and our bench doesnt go super deep. Lavergne definately has a good team with some solid players and I wish them good luck the rest of the season.

• 2 weeks later...