Most Home Runs

ImaOWL

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ImaOWL @ Apr 10 2007 - 08:52 AM) 826433806[/snapback]Major league fields on average are about 330-340 down the lines and 400-410 in center. Thats a major league ballpark. This is high school baseball. The fields shouldn't be as big as college or pro. 315 down the lines and 350-370 in center should be the sizes of the park. Anything bigger is just to big for high school baseball in my opinion.... 500 feet in center??? Please be kidding me... There is no way. The deepest park in the Majors is like 420.

I wish I were kiddin you. When we played there my senior year, we were all in disbelief as to how big this field was. But like I said, it was also the football field, so the fence that ran behind the goal posts and in front of the home stands was used for the outfield fence. The park was extremely deep in the gaps and center. I think there were somewhere around 3 or 4 inside the park homeruns hit in that game, 2 of which were by the same player. But as for your opinion of what dimensions on a high school field should be, I definitely agree. My high school had a very nice park, and it's only gettin nicer, and I think our dimensions were perfect, 320 down the lines and 365 dead center.

QUOTE(bigstick#1 @ Apr 11 2007 - 02:23 PM) 826435056[/snapback]DB lineup is like rockwoods. They have 6 or 7 guys who can hit it out of the park. I think rockwood has had 5 players with homeruns. ANd 3 with 7 or more. I would love 2 see Rockwood and DB play. WHo do yall think would win?

I think DB would win. I am not saying Rockwood would have a chance but if you have a team that has 6-7 guys that can rip one out at any given time throughout your line-up then it makes it hard to pitch to them. LOL to Rockwood maybe DB will see them later in playoffs?!

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:07 AM) 826434630[/snapback]For your info Trent has 9 for this year (so for) and 32 for his career (so far). Trent broke the school record set back in 1990 by a great all time player named Jim Alder. Who went to play for the Detroit Tigers before a shoulder injury ended his carrer. Trent's record breaker went 500 feet before it landed! DB as a team has 5 power hitters that have homeruns under their belt this season, playing 23 games and hitting 23 HR's as a team. DB also has 4 more players could hit homeruns in some of the smaller ballparks (310 to 325). As for the biggest field Science Hill's Cardinal Park is maybe the largest but DB has a close second (350-425). Minor leagues use to play at J. Fred Stadium for many years prior to moving to Hunter Wright Stadium in Kingsport. Looking forwrd to watching those Indians do the CHOP!

If you think DB is 425 dead center you are crazy. It would be lucky to be 400, I'm giving it 390 tops. My high school field is 325 down the lines, 350 in the gaps, and 380 dead center.

let me hear some suggestions for a problem my school has! Jo Byrns has a very small field it is 295 Dead Left, 320 Dead Center, 316 in Dead Right. Jo Byrns cannot move its field back due to the fact that we dont own the land behind or field, and the owners wont let us back it up. Center could be moved back about 10-20 ft, and right cuold be moved back up to 40 ft. But the problem with that is the shortest part of the field, left, cant be moved back at all. It already has a 10 ft fence, but does anybody have any suggestions on how to stop all the Homers from flying out of this park?

QUOTE(baseballplayer9 @ Apr 12 2007 - 07:21 AM) 826435638[/snapback]If you think DB is 425 dead center you are crazy. It would be lucky to be 400, I'm giving it 390 tops. My high school field is 325 down the lines, 350 in the gaps, and 380 dead center.

I am not crazy. I grew up here and have been in that ball park lots when it hosted a Rookie League team since the sixties. The depth in center is a bit deeper than it appears. The wall gives it a shorter appearance. Rookie leagues are not suppose to be smaller than 390-400 down the lines and around 400 or more in center. Why do you think they built the other stadium? That ball field was too short down the lines but not in center field.

Imaowl your right, There is not no field 400 down the lines. Cause if there was center would have 2 be like 500 feet.

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ Apr 12 2007 - 07:03 AM) 826435625[/snapback]I think DB would win. I am not saying Rockwood would have a chance but if you have a team that has 6-7 guys that can rip one out at any given time throughout your line-up then it makes it hard to pitch to them. LOL to Rockwood maybe DB will see them later in playoffs?!

Is Db single A?

I stand corrected on the size of J. Fred Stadium. Like said earlier, I grew up watching the Rookie Leagues play there. The stadium size then was 414 dead center and 325 down the lines. After they were moved out to Hunter Wright the size changed to 380 dead center, 325 lt line, 358 rt line, 373 in the alleys and 310 in rt center. Hunter Wright is 330 down the lines and 400 dead center. My apologies for not doing my homework.

DB is a AAA team.