District 14-AA

frankiec996

I believe that the whole deal about Josh and the eligibility of the USJ players has been brought up many times on this forum. The fact of the matter is,

1. USJ got busted in the past for ineligible players but it wasnt because of their age. They were punished.

2. USJ is of course be closely watched by the TSSAA.

3. Josh was held back in the 7th grade because of the Public/Private transfer of credits rule. He wasnt in highschool.

To many threads have been made about USJ, lets keep this simply about the District.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(frankiec996 @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826429094[/snapback]Why would you assume that I ranked the teams?

I simply numbered them according to the team list on this site.

Get the facts straight before you start accusing me of not knowing anything about baseball jerk.

I guess because you put numbers beside the teams - that's how we rank things, with numbers. If you didn't want to rank them, don't number them. We can all count, we know there's 6 teams in the district. So that's both baseball and numbers you're struggling with. I'll have a talk with Coach Newman about your math skills.

Yeah, the numbers definetley denote ranking....

forfeit: What's your problem with parents starting their kids late or holding a kid back a year? If a kid isn't ready, he/she isn't ready...it's as simple as that. I wish my parents would have held me back, I grew three inches after I graduated. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

QUOTE(deergirl @ Apr 3 2007 - 02:03 PM) 826429046[/snapback]I believe that in the end, it doesn't matter what the schedule is like, who you beat, or the strenghth of your schedule. It only comes to winning games at the right time--when tournament play starts. In the past, there have been some pretty good teams that have lost a number of games to teams they should have beaten, but end up being State Champs. If my memory serves me correct, Covingon lost a number of games last year, and then they ended up winning it all. At that point, it didn't matter what their schedule was like, who they lost to, or what their strength of schedule was.

The fact is the better teams and better pitching you see the better your team will be prepared for post season. If you are use to seeing mid 80s pitching then it will pay off with success in most cases, however, if you see 66-70 crap then when u see a guy throwin mid 80s some field crew will have to put out new sod from batters box to the dugout.

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826428900[/snapback]Teams with 19 year old seniors and 18 year old juniors ought to be better than most.

You know if you want to focus on something "unfair" or unusual about this USJ team, it shouldn't be on ONE legal 19 yr old phenom or ONE 18 yr old phenom, but on the 5 or 6 young freshman on the team that either start or have significant playing time along with the other talented senior, other talented junior, and two talented sophomores. I would say things look good for USJ in the years to come, like it or not.

QUOTE(forfeit @ Apr 3 2007 - 11:00 AM) 826428900[/snapback]Teams with 19 year old seniors and 18 year old juniors ought to be better than most.

Get your facts right!!!!! The Junior that you are talking about is only 17. It just kills me when some people pass on gossip for fact. /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Anyway that 17 yr old junior hit a Grand Slam last night with an 0-2 count and two outs. imo that's worth talking about, not his or anyone else's age. This is a sports forum not a birthday forum

QUOTE(hasbeen7 @ Apr 5 2007 - 12:37 AM) 826430405[/snapback]You know if you want to focus on something "unfair" or unusual about this USJ team, it shouldn't be on ONE legal 19 yr old phenom or ONE 18 yr old phenom, but on the 5 or 6 young freshman on the team that either start or have significant playing time along with the other talented senior, other talented junior, and two talented sophomores. I would say things look good for USJ in the years to come, like it or not.

How true. It is a team sport. A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link. Put a weak player out there and watch the ball find him.

By the way, this USJ team is a very close "team", and not just a group of good players. This is the closest group of kids pulling for each other that I have ever seen. From homework to baseball, they are a team. Get past the hype and talk to the kids, and I guarantee you will be impressed. I know I have been. Good luck bruins!

QUOTE(tape @ Apr 3 2007 - 09:24 PM) 826429360[/snapback]The fact is the better teams and better pitching you see the better your team will be prepared for post season. If you are use to seeing mid 80s pitching then it will pay off with success in most cases, however, if you see 66-70 crap then when u see a guy throwin mid 80s some field crew will have to put out new sod from batters box to the dugout.

Let me assure you that Ripley has seen some pretty good pitching up this point. Maybe all teams do not have guys that throw in the mid 80s, but Ripley has definitely seen some guys that can throw the ball. It has also seen some guys that can get the ball out of the park. The thing is--a team has to be prepared for whatever team it faces, exceptionally good or not-so-good. Again, the kids do not make the schedule--they just play.

You better look in the mirror before you talk about others.

Last night I talked to a parent from Ripley and she told me a few things about your team and a player that is an ethics issue by the coach.

Now if you want to cast stones next time think before you make stupid post. You Ripley people know what I am talking about.