Who is the fastes sprinter in Tennesse

volsgreen1

QUOTE(in2football @ Jun 4 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826471219[/snapback]I never said he was. Everyone was throwing their opinions in the hat so I decided to add my two cents. I don't think he could beat either one of the guys you mentioned, but he's definitely in the same league. He's definitely top 3 or 4 in the state.

he's definately top 3 or 4 in the state but his prs are 10.79/21.89 compared to bentley 10.69/21.31, thats just a whole different league being almost 6 tenths ahead in the 200m. in TN that doesn't seem like a big difference but in most states there will be like 10 guys or more in a .58 second gap even at that high level. and byram is even further ahead with a 21.24.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Jun 5 2007 - 01:10 PM) 826471615[/snapback]he's definately top 3 or 4 in the state but his prs are 10.79/21.89 compared to bentley 10.69/21.31, thats just a whole different league being almost 6 tenths ahead in the 200m. in TN that doesn't seem like a big difference but in most states there will be like 10 guys or more in a .58 second gap even at that high level. and byram is even further ahead with a 21.24.

Let's not act as if Bentley or Byram would be competitive in "most states". Those guys wouldn't be on the radar in Cali or Texas. Just put it this way, I've seen bentley get torched during the summer. So let's take the state in a vacuum and judge the competition based on that. With that being said, I was just throwing someone's name out there that I happen to know is one of the fastest guys in the state. He was part of the fastest relay teams we've seen in the state in a long time (last year) and I thought I would just mention his name.

QUOTE(in2football @ Jun 6 2007 - 06:39 AM) 826471988[/snapback]Let's not act as if Bentley or Byram would be competitive in "most states". Those guys wouldn't be on the radar in Cali or Texas. Just put it this way, I've seen bentley get torched during the summer. So let's take the state in a vacuum and judge the competition based on that. With that being said, I was just throwing someone's name out there that I happen to know is one of the fastest guys in the state. He was part of the fastest relay teams we've seen in the state in a long time (last year) and I though would just mention his name.

actually, even in places like cali and texas, a 21.24 and a 21.31 get you on the radar. if bentley had been running in the cali state meet his prs would've gotten him 7th in the 100m, 4th in the 200m, and 3rd in the 400m. i think that qualifies as "on the radar." byram would've been 3rd in the 200m. how is that not on the radar? in the 5A texas state meet bentley wouldve been 7th in the 100m, 4th in the 200m, and 3rd in the 400m. in 4A he would've been 4th/2nd/1st. in 3A he would've been 5th/1st/2nd. in both 2A and 1A he would've won all 3 events. once again i think that qualifies as being "on the radar." i don't know what you have against bentley but he would be a strong competitor in the 200m/400m in any state he competed in and would even be pretty solid in the 100m. and byram being a better 200m runner than bentley would obviously hold his own in that event in any state as well.

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Jun 6 2007 - 01:13 PM) 826472148[/snapback]actually, even in places like cali and texas, a 21.24 and a 21.31 get you on the radar. if bentley had been running in the cali state meet his prs would've gotten him 7th in the 100m, 4th in the 200m, and 3rd in the 400m. i think that qualifies as "on the radar." byram would've been 3rd in the 200m. how is that not on the radar? in the 5A texas state meet bentley wouldve been 7th in the 100m, 4th in the 200m, and 3rd in the 400m. in 4A he would've been 4th/2nd/1st. in 3A he would've been 5th/1st/2nd. in both 2A and 1A he would've won all 3 events. once again i think that qualifies as being "on the radar." i don't know what you have against bentley but he would be a strong competitor in the 200m/400m in any state he competed in and would even be pretty solid in the 100m. and byram being a better 200m runner than bentley would obviously hold his own in that event in any state as well.

Dude, get a grip. I could care less about the kid. You just made my argument for me. You can't say that Ezell's not in the same league as bentley and byram when his times are only a couple tenths of a second off of theirs - but turn around and make the same argument w/ bentley in relation to Texas and Cali. Grow up man, nobody's talking bad about your hero... I've seen the kid run many times and it's just my opinion.

QUOTE(nununu @ Jun 6 2007 - 02:24 PM) 826472177[/snapback]I'm not the smartest man, but in track, the fastest person is usually the 100m champ. In this case being Robert Ezell of Antioch.

You are right, you are not the smartest man. You see Robert Ezell was the champion of what we like to call D1-AAA. Adrian bentley was the 100m champion of D1-A/AA which this year was the faster division. Adrian Bentley was the fastest runner at the Tennessee state meet in the 100m event. Also, if you would like to get technical, the 200m is probably a better display of pure speed than is the 100m dash. In the 100m, the winner is usually the runner with the most acceleration. The 200m is usually decided by who flat out has the most foot speed. It is long enough that a runner with less acceleration can make up for that in the 2nd 100m if they really do have the most foot speed; however, it is short enough that endurance really doesn't play a factor, it is still a pure sprint, at least for the good runners.

QUOTE(in2football @ Jun 6 2007 - 03:38 PM) 826472223[/snapback]Dude, get a grip. I could care less about the kid. You just made my argument for me. You can't say that Ezell's not in the same league as bentley and byram when his times are only a couple tenths of a second off of theirs - but turn around and make the same argument w/ bentley in relation to Texas and Cali. Grow up man, nobody's talking bad about your hero... I've seen the kid run many times and it's just my opinion.

How did I make your argument for you? You argued that Bentley wouldn't even make it on the radar in states like Cali and Texas and I showed you that he would be more than just on the radar, he would be one of the top sprinters in those states as well. Also, in sprinting events, a couple tenths of a second does put a runner in an entirely different league, especially in this case when I am talking about 6 tenths of a second, not just a couple. The difference between byram and ezell in the 200m is .65 seconds. The difference between byram and Bryshon Nellum is .81 seconds. The difference between byram and the second best runner in the nation is just .59 seconds. So, byram is closer to being the number 2 200m runner in the nation than ezell is to beating byram. Are you telling me that Byram is on the same level as the top guys in the nation because he is within .6 seconds, closer than ezell is to byram who you said were on the same level? You can't be telling me that Byram is on the same level as the top runners in the nation because you just said a couple posts ago that he wouldn't even be on the radar in a state like cali and texas. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. A few tenths of a second is a huge difference in sprinting events.

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Jun 6 2007 - 04:21 PM) 826472241[/snapback]You are right, you are not the smartest man. You see Robert Ezell was the champion of what we like to call D1-AAA. Adrian bentley was the 100m champion of D1-A/AA which this year was the faster division. Adrian Bentley was the fastest runner at the Tennessee state meet in the 100m event. Also, if you would like to get technical, the 200m is probably a better display of pure speed than is the 100m dash. In the 100m, the winner is usually the runner with the most acceleration. The 200m is usually decided by who flat out has the most foot speed. It is long enough that a runner with less acceleration can make up for that in the 2nd 100m if they really do have the most foot speed; however, it is short enough that endurance really doesn't play a factor, it is still a pure sprint, at least for the good runners.

How did I make your argument for you? You argued that Bentley wouldn't even make it on the radar in states like Cali and Texas and I showed you that he would be more than just on the radar, he would be one of the top sprinters in those states as well. Also, in sprinting events, a couple tenths of a second does put a runner in an entirely different league, especially in this case when I am talking about 6 tenths of a second, not just a couple. The difference between byram and ezell in the 200m is .65 seconds. The difference between byram and Bryshon Nellum is .81 seconds. The difference between byram and the second best runner in the nation is just .59 seconds. So, byram is closer to being the number 2 200m runner in the nation than ezell is to beating byram. Are you telling me that Byram is on the same level as the top guys in the nation because he is within .6 seconds, closer than ezell is to byram who you said were on the same level? You can't be telling me that Byram is on the same level as the top runners in the nation because you just said a couple posts ago that he wouldn't even be on the radar in a state like cali and texas. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. A few tenths of a second is a huge difference in sprinting events.

First, You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. I understand you want to defend your hero, but please understand THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. I have a right to my opinion as well as you do, but when your opinion is so one sided and idiotic, I'm gonna call you out on it. Second, do you understand how close .65 seconds is? You can't make the same argument about Ezell not being in their league based on TENTHS (.65) of a second, but turn around say that Bentley and byram are in the same league as Rynell Parson or Gil Roberts when they are TENTHS of a second behind those guys. IT IS AN INVALID ARGUMENT. Accept it and move on. I've been coaching the sport for too long - Please grow up. I willing to drop this if you are. It's clearly an over reaction on your part based on me mentioning a kid's name who I think is pretty fast. I also notice that you said nothing about other people in this thread mentioning guys who they thought were pretty fast. Maybe you have something personal against Ezell.

QUOTE(in2football @ Jun 7 2007 - 06:33 AM) 826472441[/snapback]First, You obviously don't have a clue what you're talking about. I understand you want to defend your hero, but please understand THIS IS A MESSAGE BOARD. I have a right to my opinion as well as you do, but when your opinion is so one sided and idiotic, I'm gonna call you out on it. Second, do you understand how close .65 seconds is? You can't make the same argument about Ezell not being in their league based on TENTHS (.65) of a second, but turn around say that Bentley and byram are in the same league as Rynell Parson or Gil Roberts when they are TENTHS of a second behind those guys. IT IS AN INVALID ARGUMENT. Accept it and move on. I've been coaching the sport for too long - Please grow up. I willing to drop this if you are. It's clearly an over reaction on your part based on me mentioning a kid's name who I think is pretty fast. I also notice that you said nothing about other people in this thread mentioning guys who they thought were pretty fast. Maybe you have something personal against Ezell.

Wait you are a coach and you are still too dumb to understand my posts? My post clearly stated that it is completely irrational to put byram and bentley in the same league as guys like gil roberts to show my point that you cannot put ezell in their league. You keep contradicting yourself so I don't even know where you stand anymore. First you say that a few tenths is enough to put people in the same league then you tell me that only applies to ezell. I am so confused. I was showing you what would apply since you are arguing that .65 seconds puts people in the same league. My post was meant to show you how ridiculous that is because that would put byram and bentley in parson and roberts' league. I really wish you would clarify yourself because you keep going back and forth between whether or not .65 seconds puts people in the same league or not. Please repost clearly stating your point so I can argue against that instead of having to constantly alter my arguement for your constantly changing points. Also, please do not post if you know nothing about track because you apparantely are having lots of trouble just understanding my posts, much less arguing against them.

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Jun 7 2007 - 01:01 PM) 826472556[/snapback]Wait you are a coach and you are still too dumb to understand my posts? My post clearly stated that it is completely irrational to put byram and bentley in the same league as guys like gil roberts to show my point that you cannot put ezell in their league. You keep contradicting yourself so I don't even know where you stand anymore. First you say that a few tenths is enough to put people in the same league then you tell me that only applies to ezell. I am so confused. I was showing you what would apply since you are arguing that .65 seconds puts people in the same league. My post was meant to show you how ridiculous that is because that would put byram and bentley in parson and roberts' league. I really wish you would clarify yourself because you keep going back and forth between whether or not .65 seconds puts people in the same league or not. Please repost clearly stating your point so I can argue against that instead of having to constantly alter my arguement for your constantly changing points. Also, please do not post if you know nothing about track because you apparantely are having lots of trouble just understanding my posts, much less arguing against them.

In your attempt to show how ridiculous my post was (lol), you made yourself look like a total idiot. You are obviously very ignorant to the sport and it's no need for me to carry this conversation any further. Your posts have had NO POINT. I'm not sure why you can't get this through your thick skull, but I'm sick of explaining it. Your argument has no validity - And you seriously want to talk about contradictions?!! Your rhetoric has been nothing more than one big contradiction. You are trying to spin your argument so that it somehow makes since to you. Good luck to you and I hope you learn a little more before you decide to get so defensive.

Crips arguments make a lot more since than yours do in2.

And these two guys are not even close to Crip's heroes. Please.

6 tenths in a sprint event are a lot. In sprinting, it's an eternity. So to me, it looks like Nellum > Bentley/Byram > Ezell

Ezell is good, one of the best in the state.

Bentley and Byram are THE best in the state. And they compete well in the nation. But in no way are they in the same class as Nellum.

So, this topic asks, "Who is the fastes(t) sprinter in Tennesse(e?)" Meaning we want to know (FAT wise) who is the fastest. This is answered with Adrian Bentley and Brandon Byram.

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Jun 7 2007 - 06:29 PM) 826472658[/snapback]Crips arguments make a lot more since than yours do in2.

And these two guys are not even close to Crip's heroes. Please.

6 tenths in a sprint event are a lot. In sprinting, it's an eternity. So to me, it looks like Nellum > Bentley/Byram > Ezell

Ezell is good, one of the best in the state.

Bentley and Byram are THE best in the state. And they compete well in the nation. But in no way are they in the same class as Nellum.

So, this topic asks, "Who is the fastes(t) sprinter in Tennesse(e?)" Meaning we want to know (FAT wise) who is the fastest. This is answered with Adrian Bentley and Brandon Byram.

Thank you. Someone is smart enough to understand what I was saying. Most of the people that are on this board regularly like Coniglio know me and know that I know what I'm talking about in the track world.

QUOTE(thecrippler2222 @ Jun 7 2007 - 08:32 PM) 826472687[/snapback]Thank you. Someone is smart enough to understand what I was saying. Most of the people that are on this board regularly like Coniglio know me and know that I know what I'm talking about in the track world.

o shut up crippler, we all know that you have no knowledge of track.