University High's new Coach

Floor_General22

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Apr 4 2007 - 07:23 PM) 826430146[/snapback]Who is UH next coach. I hear Mark Mason has it locked up. A good source says he's already recruiting kids to come in and play.

I have heard Arnold from Boone and UH's girls coach. Mason is not a name I have heard yet.

QUOTE(mscoach44 @ Apr 5 2007 - 10:05 AM) 826430561[/snapback]if it does go to mason and he brings in some of the guys who played for him this past year at Mary Hughes (i.e. Jordan Cross), UH will be an exciting team to watch over the next few years.

It would be hard to bring in players at UH because they do a lottery for admittance, even with transfers.

QUOTE(ScottA11 @ Apr 5 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826430569[/snapback]It would be hard to bring in players at UH because they do a lottery for admittance, even with transfers.

very true, but they have been able to get some in the past, whether by chance or whatever, such as Robert Phillips and Orville Bufford (now playing for the Tennessee State Correctional Community College Inmates I believe).

QUOTE(ScottA11 @ Apr 5 2007 - 11:13 AM) 826430569[/snapback]It would be hard to bring in players at UH because they do a lottery for admittance, even with transfers.

i believe that they only do the lottery part with 1st - 8th grades. not 9 - 12, but they do only allow so many people.

QUOTE(Floor_General22 @ Apr 4 2007 - 06:23 PM) 826430146[/snapback]Who is UH next coach. I hear Mark Mason has it locked up. A good source says he's already recruiting kids to come in and play.

Rumor has it that Mason may just be the man. If he could bring Jordan Cross with him, he'll be bringing a player that could be as good as Aaron Woodacre in a couple years. His team this year only last one game and that was to a very good Science Hill team that they led in the third quarter only to get blitzed in the fourth quarter and lose by 20.

QUOTE(bluedevilfan100 @ Apr 5 2007 - 09:40 PM) 826430992[/snapback]Rumor has it that Mason may just be the man. If he could bring Jordan Cross with him, he'll be bringing a player that could be as good as Aaron Woodacre in a couple years. His team this year only last one game and that was to a very good Science Hill team that they led in the third quarter only to get blitzed in the fourth quarter and lose by 20.

some people who knew woodacre at cross's age say he was not as good as cross when he was in 8th grade. i saw in the paper that cross scored over 1000 pts in middle school, that was before the season was over for his team this year, i don't know what he ended up with but that is something for a middle school player only 24 minutes a game.