sportsbelle classic

khspitcher07

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 7 2007 - 09:23 PM) 826432106[/snapback]Semis

Oakland Beat William Blout 11-5 i believe

Farragut beat Goodpasture 11-0

Finals

Oakland beat Farragut 7-1

EDIT: I forgot to add that in I think it was the 1st maybe 2nd inning Oakland got out of the inning on a very controversial diving catch in the out field. He dove for the ball and it looked to have bounced on the ground in front of him then went into his glove while trapping it on the ground. Some guy with a video camera at the game said he confirmed that it hit the ground first but I never saw it.. anyways. Farragut would have scored had they said he didn't catch it and the game would have been 3-1. think what you want of it but I thought it was an important call.

Wasnt there but thats just the way the dice falls sometimes. It was still early in the game so both teams still had a long way to go. Way to go Patriots! 23-1!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 8 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826432289[/snapback]Wasnt there but thats just the way the dice falls sometimes. It was still early in the game so both teams still had a long way to go. Way to go Patriots! 23-1!

yeah it was early. plus the call was made by the umpire behind the plate who was about 250ft away. but either way it was a good game. That closer for Oakland is good. Farragut seemed to be hitting the ball well most of the time it was just right at an Oakland player. Oakland on the other hand was hitting the ball in the gaps.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 8 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826432292[/snapback]yeah it was early. plus the call was made by the umpire behind the plate who was about 250ft away. but either way it was a good game. That closer for Oakland is good. Farragut seemed to be hitting the ball well most of the time it was just right at an Oakland player. Oakland on the other hand was hitting the ball in the gaps.

I know exactly how you feel, oakland's only loss this year was just like that hitting them right to Cookeville's guys. But thanks about the compliments on our closer, but I like to think that all of our guys who have pitched the last 2 weekends are all pretty good, which will give us a chance to make a deep run into the postseason

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 8 2007 - 11:09 AM) 826432294[/snapback]I know exactly how you feel, oakland's only loss this year was just like that hitting them right to Cookeville's guys. But thanks about the compliments on our closer, but I like to think that all of our guys who have pitched the last 2 weekends are all pretty good, which will give us a chance to make a deep run into the postseason

For some reason, and nothing against him really, but I didn't think the first pitcher was all that great. Some of his pitches seemed really easy to hit and thats what was so frustrating for me watching the game was because we were hitting it just not where we needed to be hitting them.. Also like everytime Farragut did get someone on base the next guy hit into a double play..

oh well

Congrats to Oakland.

EDIT: also did anyone else laugh when the umpire fell down behind the plate on that foul ball?

Congrats to Oakland for winning the 2nd tourney championship in a row.........shows there is plenty of teamwork and great back-ups this year for us. That is an AWFUL lot of baseball being played in the last 2 weeks for Oakland...... proves you can keep winning through weariness, injuries, and being away from the comforts of home. Good thing we don't have the coach from Smyrna ...........hahahahaahahahahahahah!

Congrats. to Oakland for winning Sports Belle.Anytime you win in knoxville with the umpires that they have is a real compliment.The strike zone that DB saw down there this weekend was a moving teacup.Why is the strike zone so different for the umps?Best of luck to Oakland.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 8 2007 - 10:12 AM) 826432296[/snapback]For some reason, and nothing against him really, but I didn't think the first pitcher was all that great. Some of his pitches seemed really easy to hit and thats what was so frustrating for me watching the game was because we were hitting it just not where we needed to be hitting them

Congrats to Oakland. Talked to some of the guys on the team this afternoon and they said Scott Ward pitched. I think last night was just his 2nd appearance of the year (his first was in relief in the Warrior Classic Championship Game). But if he wasn't all that great last night why did farragut only score one run against him?

QUOTE(oaklandPOWER @ Apr 8 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826432418[/snapback]Congrats to Oakland. Talked to some of the guys on the team this afternoon and they said Scott Ward pitched. I think last night was just his 2nd appearance of the year (his first was in relief in the Warrior Classic Championship Game). But if he wasn't all that great last night why did farragut only score one run against him?

they hit it right at them. bad luck i guess. and i heard the kid that started for farragut struggled with strikes and had only pitched one previous inning the whole season against bartlett in the warrior classic. that's a tough situation to be put in with not much experience facing the best team in the state. but , i bet it was a good learning for him. overall though, farragut looked really solid this weekend. they had 50 something hits coming into the champ. game

QUOTE(oaklandPOWER @ Apr 8 2007 - 04:28 PM) 826432418[/snapback]Congrats to Oakland. Talked to some of the guys on the team this afternoon and they said Scott Ward pitched. I think last night was just his 2nd appearance of the year (his first was in relief in the Warrior Classic Championship Game). But if he wasn't all that great last night why did farragut only score one run against him?

like braves4life said. They hit the ball right to the Oakland outfielders. Also it was kind of funny when Farragut scored because it was after they put in the people who never really play that I know of. You can be a bad pitcher and look good if people are hitting the ball right at your team mates.

Also about the strikezone stuff.. I don't think Farragut got a called strike until like 1 out in the 2nd inning. it was either a hit, ball, or foul ball. no missing on the swing just no strikes unless it was a foul ball. It was very interesting to see.

so u dont think oakland used their young playas 2?

they won warrior classic last week.

aint like they r a joke 2 lose 2.

we got riverdale twice this week.

biggest game of season so far.

quit makin excuses & congratulate.

dont hate.

game ova.

may-b we meet again.