WARTBURG HIGH SCHOOL

Deerhunter44

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(bigredbird @ Apr 11 2007 - 08:32 AM) 826434698[/snapback]That is just the thing, there will not be any "package". I contacted the central office and they have said there will not be an increase in coaching supplement. That's why the program is having problems attracting a top coach. They will have to take a pay cut to coach at Wartburg.

Who did you talk to in the central office?

QUOTE(bamadude @ Apr 11 2007 - 10:40 AM) 826434704[/snapback]Maybe they should just scrap the program and stick to being sorry in their other sports.

o yea we are horrible at all of our other sports arent we....wait a second..o yea yea i think that it was wartburg in the state tournament wasnt it.. correct me if im wrong..idiot /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

QUOTE(blue_white_01 @ Apr 11 2007 - 05:58 PM) 826435185[/snapback]o yea we are horrible at all of our other sports arent we....wait a second..o yea yea i think that it was wartburg in the state tournament wasnt it.. correct me if im wrong..idiot /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I agree with you. Wartburg has had a pretty good boys b-ball team for several years now. They used to come to our holiday tournament until we stopped having it, and always brought good competition in boys and girls. Their fans always seemed very respectable in how they treated their opponents and referred to them after the games. If we can get the tournament started again they would definitely be the first ones that we would invite. Good luck to all the Wartburg programs.

That it may be, I was just merely pointing out my respect to the Wartburg fans that showed their respect at our tourney. I did not in any way imply that we were a top notch program or tournament, or that Wartburg was, you have your opinion, I have mine. Just like nobody cares about our "second rate tournEy", I would say not may care about your second rate commentary either.

QUOTE(bamadude @ Apr 12 2007 - 11:03 AM) 826435767[/snapback]Ouch, you really know how to hurt a guys feelings. I thought this was a football thread, go to basketball Sissy.

Once again, my comments were about Wartburg fans, not about basketball only, I always forget that you have to spell things out for anyone that supports 'Bama.

QUOTE(CYJacket @ Apr 3 2007 - 10:55 AM) 826428949[/snapback]If he comes it will be with a substantial cut in salary. Morgan Co. does not have the funds to pay a large enough supplement. The standard $1500.00 supplement plus a lower salary is prohibative on this move for Coach Moore, even if he is "coming home". If they pay more of a supplement, I will certainly be screaming that Coach K deserves as much or more due to his proven track record and loyalty to the Morgan Co. School System. If a supplement for more than the standard is offered I think I know several no votes on the funding.

i dont understand why people would vote no. Because it would just help the whole county, if we can help 1 school at a time why not if wartburg wins than scouts will come to the county and help all the kids in the long run. Plus, it aint good for us, the kids, to lose all these games and not give them any convindence at all.

QUOTE(superdaveosborne @ Apr 10 2007 - 05:58 PM) 826434205[/snapback]The reason that Wartburg can't find a coach is because nobody wants to coach there!

well we will find a coach and plan on turning the program for a 180. it may take a while but im confident we will in 3 or 4 years.

QUOTE(bamadude @ Apr 12 2007 - 09:50 AM) 826435830[/snapback]Hey lil reg, what position are you going to play next year?

well i will be a freshman but i plan on goin for rb