14AA District games for Monday/Tuesday

JoseWales

QUOTE(JoseWales @ Apr 8 2007 - 08:42 PM) 826432657[/snapback]USJ and Ripley should be in a good matchup. USJ's record 21:4, Ripley's record 17:3:1.

Predictions? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

This game started out being all it was billed to be. A homer from each side, and some good pitching. In the end, USJ's sticks were just too hot. Final 12:2 USJ. New record USJ 22:4, Ripley 17:4:1. The game was overshadowed by an injury to one of Ripley's brightest stars, Zach Lewis. What appeared to be a repeat knee injury, but will not know for sure until the doctor's visit tomorrow. I wish you the best Zach.

Game two takes place in Ripley tomorrow night. Zach was scheduled to pitch, but that appears doubtful at this point.

Anybody know more?

QUOTE(A_Alexander2 @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:38 PM) 826433466[/snapback]wow USJ over Ripley BIG... didnt see that coming.. thought Ripley had a better show over there... Who pitched for USJ?

Gant pitched for USJ.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826433475[/snapback]This game started out being all it was billed to be. A homer from each side, and some good pitching. In the end, USJ's sticks were just too hot. Final 12:2 USJ. New record USJ 22:4, Ripley 17:4:1. The game was overshadowed by an injury to one of Ripley's brightest stars, Zach Lewis. What appeared to be a repeat knee injury, but will not know for sure until the doctor's visit tomorrow. I wish you the best Zach.

Game two takes place in Ripley tomorrow night. Zach was scheduled to pitch, but that appears doubtful at this point.

Anybody know more?

Gant pitched for USJ.

I hope Zach is ok. I watched him this fall and was very impressed with him. He would be a big loss for Ripley.

I listened to the game on the radio and they did a fantastic job. I hope to get to listen to them some more this season.

Great game Bruins!! Congratulations for the 2 home runs. John Wills did it the conventional way, and Will Glenn did it the unconventional way. What was Ripley's outfielder thinking? I was more than a little shocked at the vocabulary of one of the Ripley fans. This was very unsportmanlike. Tomorrow night's game should be exciting barring no rain. I hope the injured Ripley player isn't hurt too seriously. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(FriendlyFoe @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826433522[/snapback]Great game Bruins!! Congratulations for the 2 home runs. John Wills did it the conventional way, and Will Glenn did it the unconventional way. What was Ripley's outfielder thinking? I was more than a little shocked at the vocabulary of one of the Ripley fans. This was very unsportmanlike. Tomorrow night's game should be exciting barring no rain. I hope the injured Ripley player isn't hurt too seriously. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

John Wills is turning out to be a heck of a hitter....maybe one of the best ive seen.

QUOTE(OPENLAKE @ Apr 9 2007 - 08:47 PM) 826433475[/snapback]This game started out being all it was billed to be. A homer from each side, and some good pitching. In the end, USJ's sticks were just too hot. Final 12:2 USJ. New record USJ 22:4, Ripley 17:4:1. The game was overshadowed by an injury to one of Ripley's brightest stars, Zach Lewis. What appeared to be a repeat knee injury, but will not know for sure until the doctor's visit tomorrow. I wish you the best Zach.

Anybody know more?

Gant pitched for USJ.

i honestly did not think ripley had a chance to compete with usj at all......they did a good job hanging around as long as they did

QUOTE(TNSportFan1 @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:49 PM) 826433564[/snapback]i honestly did not think ripley had a chance to compete with usj at all......they did a good job hanging around as long as they did

what was up with the fan from ripley??

QUOTE(wad @ Apr 9 2007 - 09:56 PM) 826433572[/snapback]what was up with the fan from ripley??

i don't really know......the fans for ripley were really getting on both umpires for really no reason and all at once one of the fans just lost it all together.....it was a terrible show of sportsmen ship

QUOTE(FriendlyFoe @ Apr 9 2007 - 10:20 PM) 826433522[/snapback]Great game Bruins!! Congratulations for the 2 home runs. John Wills did it the conventional way, and Will Glenn did it the unconventional way. What was Ripley's outfielder thinking? I was more than a little shocked at the vocabulary of one of the Ripley fans. This was very unsportmanlike. Tomorrow night's game should be exciting barring no rain. I hope the injured Ripley player isn't hurt too seriously. Good luck to both teams tomorrow night. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

i just want to let you know that will glen did not get an inside the park homerun. he got on by an error. the outfielder caught the ball and took a step and then slid and that's when the ball came out of his glove so don't start putting information on here that isn't correct. the outfielder was thinking it was the last out because he caught the ball and started running in and he looked at the umpire and the umpire was giving what looked to be an out motion instead of giving the correct signal which would be the safe signal. and what about the language from the ripley fan? a USJ fan yelled out "what about that" when zach lewis got hurt. what kind of sportsmanship is that? don't get on here and start putting ripley fans down. no one is saying anything about USJ fans.

QUOTE(jedl @ Apr 9 2007 - 11:02 PM) 826433633[/snapback]i just want to let you know that will glen did not get an inside the park homerun. he got on by an error. the outfielder caught the ball and took a step and then slid and that's when the ball came out of his glove so don't start putting information on here that isn't correct. the outfielder was thinking it was the last out because he caught the ball and started running in and he looked at the umpire and the umpire was giving what looked to be an out motion instead of giving the correct signal which would be the safe signal. and what about the language from the ripley fan? a USJ fan yelled out "what about that" when zach lewis got hurt. what kind of sportsmanship is that? don't get on here and start putting ripley fans down. no one is saying anything about USJ fans.

Quoting the Jackson Sun :

USJ 12, Ripley 2

Ripley 000 200 - 2 3 3

USJ 201 603 - 12 12 1

WP: Clayton Gant (6-1). LP: Hargett. 2B: R - Edington; U - Benji Fesmire, Josh Liles. 3B: U - Will Glenn. HR: R - Vandergriff; U - Glenn (1), John Wills (3). Record: U 22-4 (5-0).

You must have had an obstructed view, because fans and coaches from the concession to the high rise seats clearly saw a great but unsuccessful effort to catch the ball. The ball clearly hit the ground. I can't blame the player for trying to sell that he made a catch, but it did cost them a run.

I just reread the post from FFoe, and I don't see him getting on any fans. But since you bring it up...

Concerning fan language, from the Ripley side, it was only one fan that stepped over the line and I am sure he regrets it now. Bad, sad, but it happens, so let's move on.

Concerning the comment "How about that?", that was no fan. It was a recording just like all the other sound effects being played. The gentleman running the computer pushed the play button when the pitcher's pick off move occurred. He had no idea that Zach had hurt his knee. He stopped it as quickly as he could. Again, bad, sad, but it happens, so let's move on.

There was nothing last night but fans pulling hard for their team, on both sides. The other stuff was simply distractions.

QUOTE(A_Alexander2 @ Apr 9 2007 - 11:49 PM) 826433667[/snapback]lol... USJ folks talking about sportsmanship.... im not comin back to this thread... LOL

Not gonna rehash old rivalry trashtalk, but something about stones being cast in a glass house applies to your remark. Oh well, you're not coming back to this thread so it doesn't matter anyways. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

First of all Ripley killed themself with errors. On the other hand you could clearly tell who the umps were in favor of. Ripley could not get the strike @ the knees @ all USj got every call @ the knees. These kids have been taught that since they were in dixie to pitch @ the knees. So when our pitcher has to grove each pitch to get a strike sure you will get more hits.

For the fly ball hit to left when the player stood up he seen the ump give the out signal which in every game I have ever seen is a clinch fist which he did weather he caught it or not.

About the fans cursing I didn't hear any,but thats not to say there wasn't any. When USJ comes to Ripley they will get a Fair game from these officals here for sure.

Every time we have had the guy behind the plate @ USJ we have had the same thing favortism.

Worst Officating @ a High School Game I ever saw.