3-4A This Year (Spring and Otherwise)

KnoxWest#63

I look for Central and West to be Maryville's toughest competition. Halls will keep getting better and better under Julian. You can never count out Powell. Clinton and South Doyle will be better. Lenoir City will probably be the last place team.

Central had a lot of injuries last year. That killed their season. West bring back their quarterback and top receiver.

I just want Maryville to win the region this year and next. In 2009 Maryville will be in 5A. When Maryville goes to 5A I hope Central can be a non region game.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Apr 20 2007 - 04:47 PM) 826442039[/snapback]I just want Maryville to win the region this year and next. In 2009 Maryville will be in 5A. When Maryville goes to 5A I hope Central can be a non region game.

If Maryville does move up, which right now it looks like they are, along with Rhea County and maybe Walker Valley. My question is who is going to drop down from Region 2-5A if and when this happens? And also you have school like Knox Breadon in Region 1-5A, Cumberland County Region 3-5A who have to travel 2 hours on some region games to play. Should there be a new region formed or some regions changed around or like in Georgia some regions have all region games and some are split into an A and B Region. or is TSSAA going to change the numbers again?

QUOTE(ruse? @ Apr 20 2007 - 11:06 AM) 826441858[/snapback]RBplayer2010.

Red Bank had a very good team last year. With all due repect to 3-4A, the Region was down last year. Certainly Central and Powell were. Knox West was better, but not one of the Top 5 in TN, ET, or Knox/Blount area IMHO. Saying that "every Knox team we played could barely score" is not accurate. Red Bank, as I recall beat 3A Austin East 14-13. That would be the same Austin East that finished 3rd in Region 2-3A behind a couple of other little 3A programs that you might have heard of; Catholic and Fulton. There was this other little DII school that happened to beat AE last year by the name of Webb. Thats right, the same Webb school that lost to Catholic by a point. Thats right, the same Catholic that beat Fulton, who returned the favor.

Thats right the same Fulton that beat Alcoa. Yup the same little 2A Alcoa that lost to Maryville 17-14, and beat McCallie. So, from a "team" standpoint, I think it is fair to say that Maryville (4A State Champ), Fulton (3A State Champ), Alcoa (2A State Champ), Webb (D II State Champ), and Catholic (beat Fulton, Webb, AE) would be 5 teams in the Knox/Blount area that could be ranked ahead of Red Bank if Red Bank were in this area. I could also put Morristown West & Farragut in that group.

To take the argument to a "state-wide" or "East Tennessee" wide would be silly. Kingsport DB, Ooltewah, then Riverdale, Hillsboro, Brentwood Academy, Melrose, etc, etc.

Talent wise Red Bank certainly had that with All State performers Caldwell @ DB, Sims @ LB, and Ledbetter @ QB. Maryville had both the Lineman of the Year (Douglas) and Back of the Year (Maples). Fulton had All State players Rogan, Stokes, Hammilton, Higgins, and Freeney(I think). Austin East had Troutman, Anderson. Catholic had Smith, Franklin, and Tait. Alcoa had Sykes, Lanxter, Sommer, Shiverdecker, Hicks. Webb had Beller, Kirby-Jones.

Red Bank loses Dee Staton out of the backfield. Also gone is Cory Emery and Jeff Cherne up front. On D, lost are Balazy, Lewis, Dewett, and Hollis up front. Also gone are Landers and Parmers, as well as Taylor (LBs/DB).

Now, I am sure coach Daniels will have the Lions ready for 07, and that they will be very good once again. I am equally sure that Coach Daniels would not shout out to the world that Red Bank deserves to be in the Top 5-6 of all the teams in Tennesse regardless of classification. Why? Because it does'nt matter one bit right now.

Yes i agree and my bad about that wre not a cocky school and we dont like to talkalot of trash i apologize about that..... we didnt loose emery either are o line should be verygood as wel as are whole offense we loose dee and tata but we have mcduffie and binford to back both ofem up and a another kid knows as j mitch will be a very good tb or wide reciever nd a freshman comen up who is goin to explode time dews a freshy bechen 240 and is really fast he should have alot to offer in 07..... but yes ew lost them players but we always do loose a d-fence but always rebuild pretty nicely ..... but hy it's so early we cant predict the future so we'l just have to wait till 2 a days but o well i think we'll be great again and meet meryville again hopefuly lol............

QUOTE(HaveitYourWay @ Apr 9 2007 - 04:26 PM) 826433299[/snapback]That's a pretty fair assessment, but I think with Central having had Halls' number the past 10 years or so it seems that I would have to put them at 3rd. I'd say...

1)M-err-yville

2)Knox West(in a close one and perhaps upsetting the allmight maryville this year)

3)Central(no where near the top 2)

4)Halls(better watch out for Clinton or LC if they don't get better on defense from last year)

5)Clinton(could sneak up on some people this year)

6)Lenoir City(has the tallent to get to the playoffs, but each year their defense seems to be lacking)

7)Powell(no D1 tallent to underachieve with, loss of some coaches in the offseason, don't really see them overachieving with less tallent)

8)South Doyle(if the ol' coach out there can get even the slightest amount of discipline out of his players then lookout everyone 3-7, but just dont see them having that muct improvement on defense probably)

1) Powell

2) Powell

3) Powell

4) Powell

5) Powell

I would love to see Rhea County and Walker Valley move up to Ooltewahs region so maybe some of the Knoxville area teams won't have to travel so much.

I would love to see Maryville go to 5A and not have to travel to Chattanooga 2 or 3 times a year. I would love to see a region with Maryville,Heritage,William Blount,Oak Ridge,Farragut,Knox West,Central.

Ron--long time no talk to. I agree that would be a very tough region and would cut down on travel costs. With this re-zoning about to happen in Knox Co., no way that Central or West will go to 5a. You would also have to throw Bearden in there. Personally, I see Seymour and probably Catholic joining 3-4a in the next realignment. With the Knox Co school board, who knows what will happen. Take care.

QUOTE(REBELRON @ Apr 26 2007 - 01:11 PM) 826446050[/snapback]I would love to see Rhea County and Walker Valley move up to Ooltewahs region so maybe some of the Knoxville area teams won't have to travel so much.

I would love to see Maryville go to 5A and not have to travel to Chattanooga 2 or 3 times a year. I would love to see a region with Maryville,Heritage,William Blount,Oak Ridge,Farragut,Knox West,Central.

As much as I hate to say it I think when Rhea County moves up I believe we will be in Region 3 instead of region 2 because Region 3 only has 6 teams compared to Region 2 with 8. Which would kill are travel budget and almost all our away games would be more than an hour and half drive. Just not enough room in Region 2. Looking at the numbers there is 13 schools from knoxville south that are at or above 5A numbers right now and 3 that could be by 2009 but then again with this whole rezoning thing some of these school may stay 4 A. To the north of knoxville there is 2 schools that could be 5A Now with all that said.

I love to see thes regions formed.

Maryville

Heritage

Karns

Breaden

WB

Oak Ridge

Farragut

and in the other

Ooltewah

Rhea County

Bradley

Soddy

McMinn

Cumberland

Walker Valley

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826446554[/snapback]As much as I hate to say it I think when Rhea County moves up I believe we will be in Region 3 instead of region 2 because Region 3 only has 6 teams compared to Region 2 with 8. Which would kill are travel budget and almost all our away games would be more than an hour and half drive. Just not enough room in Region 2. Looking at the numbers there is 13 schools from knoxville south that are at or above 5A numbers right now and 3 that could be by 2009 but then again with this whole rezoning thing some of these school may stay 4 A. To the north of knoxville there is 2 schools that could be 5A Now with all that said.

Maryville

Heritage

Karns

Breaden

WB

Oak Ridge

Farragut

and in the other

Ooltewah

Rhea County

Bradley

Soddy

McMinn

Cumberland

Walker Valley

Rhea Co.

Got a ? for you on the Lineman Thread over on the Main Football Page. Thanks.

QUOTE(Rhea Co. @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:58 PM) 826446554[/snapback]As much as I hate to say it I think when Rhea County moves up I believe we will be in Region 3 instead of region 2 because Region 3 only has 6 teams compared to Region 2 with 8. Which would kill are travel budget and almost all our away games would be more than an hour and half drive. Just not enough room in Region 2. Looking at the numbers there is 13 schools from knoxville south that are at or above 5A numbers right now and 3 that could be by 2009 but then again with this whole rezoning thing some of these school may stay 4 A. To the north of knoxville there is 2 schools that could be 5A Now with all that said.

Maryville

Heritage

Karns

Breaden

WB

Oak Ridge

Farragut

and in the other

Ooltewah

Rhea County

Bradley

Soddy

McMinn

Cumberland

Walker Valley

Yea Rhea County I bet you would love to see Maryville, Bearden, William Blount, Oak Ridge, and Farragut all in the other region /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(bigman42 @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:56 PM) 826447025[/snapback]Yea Rhea County I bet you would love to see Maryville, Bearden, William Blount, Oak Ridge, and Farragut all in the other region /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Yeah that would be a fun Region to see who wins /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, but if anything is going to change in the regions. It is still 2 years away, and most likely another two trips to Maryville before that.