CAK, Farragut vs Harrison

PinballWizard

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure how long Farragut's players are out. If they are out for this game it could end up with the effect it had in the Bearden game and maybe lead to a loss. If they are back it could be the exact opposite of the Bearden game. We will have to see.

Farragut plays them on Friday night and CAK plays them saturday morning. so people can see both!

I sent a comment to the WMAK people to try to get them to show the Farragut/Harrison game but they are going to show Knoxville West and Knox Halls instead. Their reasoning was that they are trying to cover as many areas as possible. personally i rather have one of the top games in the state for that week or maybe a top game from then til district championships on TV instead of a game between an avg. team and not very good team. thats just what I think. maybe thats why i don't work for a tv company.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 14 2007 - 04:57 PM) 826437519[/snapback]I'm not sure how long Farragut's players are out. If they are out for this game it could end up with the effect it had in the Bearden game and maybe lead to a loss. If they are back it could be the exact opposite of the Bearden game. We will have to see.

Farragut plays them on Friday night and CAK plays them saturday morning. so people can see both!

I sent a comment to the WMAK people to try to get them to show the Farragut/Harrison game but they are going to show Knoxville West and Knox Halls instead. Their reasoning was that they are trying to cover as many areas as possible. personally i rather have one of the top games in the state for that week or maybe a top game from then til district championships on TV instead of a game between an avg. team and not very good team. thats just what I think. maybe thats why i don't work for a tv company.

The news people are just too smart for us...I loved watching last nights game with all the mess ups on the names of the players! (bearden farragut)

QUOTE(soccer4life @ Apr 15 2007 - 01:25 PM) 826437871[/snapback]Lol, give them a break...Soccer is still new to many people in TN. Like I said earlier, maybe hiring a South American Announcer will improve the game.. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Haha yeah i know, we need Maradona to come announce!! wait..he is in the hospital for drug over doses... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Farragut tied Harrison 2-2. Farragut was up 2-0 at half. I think Harrison's 2nd goal came with around 10 minutes left. Farragut had some chances in between the Harrison goals but just couldn't get them to go the right way. Harrison has some big dudes on D. Actually most of the team is tall. #7 for them is really fast. He was basically what started all their offense. Harrison started off the game with a quick kick towards the Farragut goal and it almost paid off for them. They also had basically a wide open net and couldn't score. The Farragut keeper went out for the ball and missed and the Harrison guy just didn't hit it hard enough and a Farragut defender stepped in a knocked it back. I'd also like to add that Farragut was still without 2 starting defenders. Nic Paolucci and Mitchel Ishmail.

QUOTE(The King of the Burbs @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:05 PM) 826442085[/snapback]still missing jospeh muth, his little brother played(a freshmen)

I thought he played some but not alot. maybe I was wrong. That's the only game I've been to for Farragut on a count of other things from other sports. I was quite impressed with Farragut in the 1st half. The 2nd half they just didn't take advantage of their chances. There were about 4 or 5 headers that were good chances but they went right to the goalie. I hate to be one to complain but it also seemed like there were handballs left and right at times with none of them being called. one was in the box in the 1st half. seemed pretty obvious to me that it hit a hand. maybe not.

Good game and some pretty soccer for the most part. Harrison had two goal opportunities cleared off the line, which was exciting. The free kick for Harrison at the end was a rocket, but to close to the keeper and he kept it smothered. #7 for Harrison was fast and quick, but the central striker up top was also a factor and hard to knock of the ball. I believe both of them were involved in both goals being scored. The back line was definitely HUGE and showed a lot more composure in the second half.

Farragut probably feels they let one slip away, but that was a good looking team they tied tonight. Farragut looked really good in the first half moving the ball around the field. I feel if they played that way the whole game, they would have won the game. To many loose balls won by Harrison and not enough pressure on the ball by Farragut in the second half.

All in all a very enjoyable game to watch.

Farragut didn't exactly "let it slip away" as much as they just weren't able to match the intensity and ball movement they produced in the first half. They had the game firmly in control during the first half, but harrison put away their chances in the 2nd half and, it appeared, stole a tie. all in all it was a great game with 2 great teams. does any1 have a shot count?