RIVERDALE LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman

The WARRIORS won tonight 1-0 vs blackman unfortunalty i walked up as it was ending but the difference was asia(sp) hit a Hr for our run....cat was good as usual i do not know all the stats or anything but i do know this was a relaly good win

go LADY WARRIORS

saw jess today was able to give her a big hug for beinga state champion and saw my girls Frebis and Choate and i bout peed my pants(inside joke)LOL

way to go ladies keep working hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 16 2007 - 11:38 PM) 826439132[/snapback]The WARRIORS won tonight 1-0 vs blackman unfortunalty i walked up as it was ending but the difference was asia(sp) hit a Hr for our run....cat was good as usual i do not know all the stats or anything but i do know this was a relaly good win

go LADY WARRIORS

saw jess today was able to give her a big hug for beinga state champion and saw my girls Frebis and Choate and i bout peed my pants(inside joke)LOL

way to go ladies keep working hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe Cat threw a perfect game. Atleast I never saw anyone get on base. She also got her 1,000 Career Strikeout tonight.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 17 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826440027[/snapback]Kat threw a 1 hitter tonight against siegel the hit came in the 7th inning with 2 outs so another impressive game for her...

congrats to Jessica Whittens for reciveing a scholarship to play at Memphis for softball...atta girl now go win another state championship

You have to get to the state before you can win the state. You should have learned that lesson last year.

QUOTE(wilson25 @ Apr 18 2007 - 07:37 AM) 826440100[/snapback]You have to get to the state before you can win the state. You should have learned that lesson last year.

Who said anything about state? This seems to be the common response for Riverdale haters. Believe me when I say that everyone in the Riverdale Softball program knows that they have not won a state championship. Also believe me when I say that a state championship is their goal and they know this. They work hard everyday to try and have an opportunity to compete for a championship.

QUOTE(uncfan09 @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:01 AM) 826440122[/snapback]Who said anything about state? This seems to be the common response for Riverdale haters. Believe me when I say that everyone in the Riverdale Softball program knows that they have not won a state championship. Also believe me when I say that a state championship is their goal and they know this. They work hard everyday to try and have an opportunity to compete for a championship.

My fault Wilson, I did not read the post very well. The state championship reference was to Jessica Whitens. She was a member of the Riverdale Girls Basketball team that won state this year.

i got to go down to the softball feild in between games of my freshmans baseball game and watch some of beech and RIVERDALE WE WON 4-0 against a very good opponent...

I have a question for all you softball fans...let me first state I AM NOT CRITIZING OR CRITIQING (SP) i am learning here...

when you get a runner on base and you have 1 out with a good batter up to bat why do you bunt? it still takes a 2 out hit to score the run so why take the bat out of her hand...also in softball do teams generally do the hit and run or is it too high of a risk due to leaving the base rules...

thanks i advance

GOOD GAME LADY WARRIORS

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 1 2007 - 12:58 AM) 826448875[/snapback]i got to go down to the softball feild in between games of my freshmans baseball game and watch some of beech and RIVERDALE WE WON 4-0 against a very good opponent...

I have a question for all you softball fans...let me first state I AM NOT CRITIZING OR CRITIQING (SP) i am learning here...

when you get a runner on base and you have 1 out with a good batter up to bat why do you bunt? it still takes a 2 out hit to score the run so why take the bat out of her hand...also in softball do teams generally do the hit and run or is it too high of a risk due to leaving the base rules...

thanks i advance

GOOD GAME LADY WARRIORS

riverdaleman,

In softball, when facing good pitching, the score is going to be so low that you are always playing for one run. You sacrifice at all cost to get the runner in scoring position. You also have to look at the makeup of your team. What hitter is up, are they a good bunter, who is the next batter, how has this and the next batter done against this particular pitcher. I've always been a proponent of getting the runner in scoring position at all cost. Last night there was an opportunity with runners on first and second with no outs that Riverdale probably should have bunted to get both runners in scoring position. They had there number three hitter up who has been on a tear of late. Did not bunt, hitter popped up in the infield. In hind site should you have bunted a good hitter? It's all in percentages and gut feeling in the situations. The key is that the good games are so low scoring. You hope that by putting pressure on the defense that it will break and comitt a throwing error. Fastpitch softball in my humble opinion is about great pitching, great defense and timely hitting. Key to being successful on offense is the short game and speed. Went on way too long here. Hope this helps.

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 2 2007 - 10:21 PM) 826450517[/snapback]MY LADIES PLAY AT 2:00 ON FIRDAY VS white county

good luck and now the REAL SEASON BEGINS

GO LADY WARRIORS

The article below notes, due to Riverdale's District 7-AAA regular season title, it

has an automatic bid to the Region. Is this true or a misprint?

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/.../705020347/1006

QUOTE(hits123 @ May 3 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826450735[/snapback]The article below notes, due to Riverdale's District 7-AAA regular season title, it

has an automatic bid to the Region. Is this true or a misprint?

http://dnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/.../705020347/1006

This is true. For the last two years the district 7AAA coaches have voted that the regular season winner gets an automatic berth to regionals. The tournament champion goes as the 1 seed and the tournament runner up or regular season champion if not tournament winner goes as the 2 seed. If there are any ties in the regular season for first place team, then the two seeds for the region will come from the tournament. This makes the regular season more meaning full than just getting to play the 8 seed in the first round of district tourn. if you are the winner of regular season. This is also done in several baseball districts in middle Tennessee.