Oakland's Scoreboard

magoo043

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 18 2007 - 12:45 PM) 826440360[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I might add that the school board is investigating the bananas in the famed Warrior Banana Pudding. Heard they where shipped illegally using Malesian 10 yr olds. Forfeit the last 7 District Championships NOW.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a conversation about this topic in one of my classes today, did some research on it, and we came to find that the scoreboard isn't breaking any commercial ordinances because Oakland Baseball is a non-profit organization who raised the funds for the scoreboard by themselves. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> BTW my opinion is if it's distracting to drivers then they should just keep their eyes on the road!

QUOTE(olandpats @ Apr 18 2007 - 04:56 PM) 826440528[/snapback]so is the 1 in front of mtsu in violation 2?

it scrolls messages across continuously.

evry- time i drive by it, i read what it says.

college students r the most dangerous drivers on the road.

MTSU's board is exempt because it's on state property. This eventually will be the reason scoreboard is not in violation — it's on county property.

The whole sign issue is pretty stupid if you ask me.

QUOTE(chuckm @ Apr 18 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826440549[/snapback]MTSU's board is exempt because it's on state property. This eventually will be the reason scoreboard is not in violation — it's on county property.

The whole sign issue is pretty stupid if you ask me.

Just because it is your opinion that the law is stupid doesnt make it right to break the law...that is what is wrong with the world today you dont like the law so it is ok to just do as you please!!!!!and usually there are no ramifications for breaking the law i say the BUCK STOPS HERE i hope they fine oaklnad to the fullest extent and make an example out of them...if we let them get away with this whats next?

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 19 2007 - 01:58 AM) 826440840[/snapback]Just because it is your opinion that the law is stupid doesnt make it right to break the law...that is what is wrong with the world today you dont like the law so it is ok to just do as you please!!!!!and usually there are no ramifications for breaking the law i say the BUCK STOPS HERE i hope they fine oaklnad to the fullest extent and make an example out of them...if we let them get away with this whats next?

no he is right the law is stupid that is not justification for breaking said law but it is still stupid the govt. of Rutherford Co. needs to catch up to the rest of the world and get rid of some these outdated laws and ways of living

QUOTE(icecold06 @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:38 AM) 826440910[/snapback]no he is right the law is stupid that is not justification for breaking said law but it is still stupid the govt. of Rutherford Co. needs to catch up to the rest of the world and get rid of some these outdated laws and ways of living

stupid yes!!! but it is a city ordinance and Oakland is county property, therefore the city's hands are tied. thank God.

do i think it is an attack on Oakland? No. But I do think that Oakland has been an easy target in the past because of the perception that nobody wants to go there and the weak administrations that preceded Mr. Vaughn. If Other teams had scoreboards like Oakland's and they were visible from the road they would probably be getting some grief too.

I just do not see how electronic signs are a nuisance. They are better than paper bill boards that fade, peel and remain up in poor condition or with outdated info on them!!

QUOTE(magoo043 @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826440922[/snapback]stupid yes!!! but it is a city ordinance and Oakland is county property, therefore the city's hands are tied. thank God.

Wrong Old O-Letter-Wearing-Breath.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

County property INSIDE the CITY LIMITS is ALSO CITY PROPERTY. Pop-Quiz - who helped Oakland pay for their lights at the baseball field? Anyone? Anyone???

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ Apr 19 2007 - 02:58 AM) 826440840[/snapback]Just because it is your opinion that the law is stupid doesnt make it right to break the law...that is what is wrong with the world today you dont like the law so it is ok to just do as you please!!!!!and usually there are no ramifications for breaking the law i say the BUCK STOPS HERE i hope they fine oaklnad to the fullest extent and make an example out of them...if we let them get away with this whats next?

Ok then, so why didnt the city tell oakland this when they were putting the scoreboard up?

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ Apr 19 2007 - 11:11 AM) 826441108[/snapback]Ok then, so why didnt the city tell oakland this when they were putting the scoreboard up?

because the fine will amount to how long it has been in place so now the fine will be pretty high which is more money for the city but i guess the true reason is that no one brought to their attention until they started issuing citatations and those people were like HEY WHAT ABOUT OAKLANDS scoreboard

I do hope that yall have noticed sarcasm in my post some are getting awfully defensive lol

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ Apr 19 2007 - 11:21 AM) 826441057[/snapback]Wrong Old O-Letter-Wearing-Breath.... /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

County property INSIDE the CITY LIMITS is ALSO CITY PROPERTY. Pop-Quiz - who helped Oakland pay for their lights at the baseball field? Anyone? Anyone???

Who paid for Oakland's new concession stand, but refused to pay for a pressbox at Blackman and Siegel, and for no improvements to Riverdale for the spring fling? Anyone? Anyone?