Baylor vs Webb

jon26

Baylor travels to Knoxville to take on Webb Thursday night for a D2 East game. Baylor is 5-0-2 and has displayed a strong defense to date only allowing one goal so far this season. The Red Raiders lost 13 players from last years team. While defensively being very strong Baylor has not found the back of the net as often as they will need to in D2 play. Webb looks like they have a very strong team also. Traveling to McCallie to tie the Tornado. Also playing CAK to a 0-0 tie. I predict a low scoring game with Baylor winning 2-1. What are your predictions.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've saw Baylor play Riverdale and Webb play McCallie. Let's see if I can compare apples to oranges. Best attack of the 3 goes to McCallie but since they aren't playing we'll ignore that for now. Best set pieces goes to Webb. Best overall team skill goes to Baylor (this is soccer skill, not necessarily biggest or fastest). I think Webb will have trouble scoring on Baylor but they found a way against McCallie so I'll give them a goal there. Baylor is very organized and constantly attacks and defends with numbers. Group effort says to give Baylor a goal. Webb probably has an overall size advantage which may net them a goal since they attack so well. Baylor counter attacks very well due to skill of defenders so I could give them a goal there. Net result is maybe a 2-2 tie - probably going to be a 2-1 game in favor of Webb due to home field advantage. Not a bad piece of fence riding if I say so myself.

QUOTE(Law-Five @ Apr 17 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826439585[/snapback]I've saw Baylor play Riverdale and Webb play McCallie. Let's see if I can compare apples to oranges. Best attack of the 3 goes to McCallie but since they aren't playing we'll ignore that for now. Best set pieces goes to Webb. Best overall team skill goes to Baylor (this is soccer skill, not necessarily biggest or fastest). I think Webb will have trouble scoring on Baylor but they found a way against McCallie so I'll give them a goal there. Baylor is very organized and constantly attacks and defends with numbers. Group effort says to give Baylor a goal. Webb probably has an overall size advantage which may net them a goal since they attack so well. Baylor counter attacks very well due to skill of defenders so I could give them a goal there. Net result is maybe a 2-2 tie - probably going to be a 2-1 game in favor of Webb due to home field advantage. Not a bad piece of fence riding if I say so myself.

Very well thought out...certainly hope you are wrong though.

I really hope I can go to Knoxville to pull for Baylor. Both teams are off to great starts this season. Important game for both since it is a D2 East game. Everyone has pretty much said the same thing that I am going to say. With both having strong defenses it will be a low scoring game. Home field advantage is worth alot....but I am going with the Red Raiders. 2-0.

QUOTE(sports89 @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:43 AM) 826440357[/snapback]I really hope I can go to Knoxville to pull for Baylor. Both teams are off to great starts this season. Important game for both since it is a D2 East game. Everyone has pretty much said the same thing that I am going to say. With both having strong defenses it will be a low scoring game. Home field advantage is worth alot....but I am going with the Red Raiders. 2-0.

With such a home field advantage, it sounds like a three or four goal game if played at Baylor!