POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(Lovethisgame @ Apr 20 2007 - 10:33 PM) 826442134[/snapback]Let me get this straight. Meigs is the most overated team in the district but they split with Polk who is the best thing since sliced bread. What about this doesn't make sense?

I never said Polk was contenders for the state title. Like I have said so many times this district is not very good and yes Meigs is overrated. If Garland and Roberts don't hold opposing teams to 1 or 2 runs there is a good chance that they will lose. Meigs does not have a very strong hitting team in fact their pretty weak from top to bottom. The three best hitters they have can be pitched too easily. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 22 2007 - 03:08 PM) 826442875[/snapback]Let's compare schedule results again. Polk lost to McMinn 2-0. Central beat McMinn 10-4. Polk gets shutout by Sweetwater, Central scored 28 runs in two games against Sweetwater. I'm not about to say "Central's stats are better." I am just providing extra "wiping" material.

This means what??? It's Baseball anything can happen just like Meigs scoring a run in the 7th at Central to tie it up with 2 outs and their #8 and #9 hitters up, or like you guys just beating Sequoyah 1-0 or Polk letting Sweetwater come back from a 7-0 deficit to beat them in an extra inning. Every team no matter what sport has bad games and good ones. If you can match teams up on strength of schedules, won/loss records and stats then know exactly who will win, you need to go to Vegas. Remember Vegas wasn't built on people winning!!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 23 2007 - 06:36 AM) 826443204[/snapback]I never said Polk was contenders for the state title. Like I have said so many times this district is not very good and yes Meigs is overrated. If Garland and Roberts don't hold opposing teams to 1 or 2 runs there is a good chance that they will lose. Meigs does not have a very strong hitting team in fact their pretty weak from top to bottom. The three best hitters they have can be pitched too easily. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

If meigs is overrated then what is polk? And secondly who has been claiming meigs is so good? I get on here ever so often and never have i seen a meigs poster claiming to that meigs is all of that. So really old scout what are you talking about. The only thing i see on here is polk taking shots at people whether it be meigs or central. And last but not least who are you to call anyone overrated? Show me your credentials!!!!!!

QUOTE(lambert @ Apr 23 2007 - 11:41 AM) 826443397[/snapback]If meigs is overrated then what is polk? And secondly who has been claiming meigs is so good? I get on here ever so often and never have i seen a meigs poster claiming to that meigs is all of that. So really old scout what are you talking about. The only thing i see on here is polk taking shots at people whether it be meigs or central. And last but not least who are you to call anyone overrated? Show me your credentials!!!!!!

Lets see everyone before the season was saying Meigs will win the district and Central and Polk are playing for 2nd and 3rd, which could very well happen depending on what happens today and tomorrow. I am not basing it on what anyone has said, I am basing it on what I have seen. I have criticized Polk in other posts as well when people boasted as to how good they were. I am just stating the facts and if you can't handle it don't get on here. As for credentials show me yours or tell me how I am wrong about my assessment of teams (Meigs). Even if Meigs, Polk or Central win the district it doesn't reflect on how good they really are because the competition in 5AA is very bad. Sure maybe one team has played a little better non-district schedule but not much. Now, tell me I'm wrong.

QUOTE(Took @ Apr 23 2007 - 08:20 AM) 826443286[/snapback]Someone just make sure that Ryan Qualls whoop the the whole Central team.. that man is a beast.. how are him and starr doing this year..

If my knowledge is right, they are both doing pretty good. Qualls hitting in the upper .450's and Starr in the low .500's.

Did they not use to play on the same summer team? Or was that Starr and Allen?

QUOTE(Took @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:20 AM) 826443286[/snapback]Someone just make sure that Ryan Qualls whoop the the whole Central team.. that man is a beast.. how are him and starr doing this year..

Well im pretty sure he didnt whoop anybody. If im not mistaken he was 0- somethin. Shaw whipped the whole Polk County team. Central took game one 5-1!! Good luck tomorrow!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 23 2007 - 12:06 PM) 826443481[/snapback]Lets see everyone before the season was saying Meigs will win the district and Central and Polk are playing for 2nd and 3rd, which could very well happen depending on what happens today and tomorrow. I am not basing it on what anyone has said, I am basing it on what I have seen. I have criticized Polk in other posts as well when people boasted as to how good they were. I am just stating the facts and if you can't handle it don't get on here. As for credentials show me yours or tell me how I am wrong about my assessment of teams (Meigs). Even if Meigs, Polk or Central win the district it doesn't reflect on how good they really are because the competition in 5AA is very bad. Sure maybe one team has played a little better non-district schedule but not much. Now, tell me I'm wrong.

old scout you speak like a young pup. 1st show me on here where everyone said meigs was going to win the district and everyone else would be playing for second. if you can show me this info and meigs does win the district and eveyone else finishes behind them are they overrated? How can they be overrated if they do what supposedly everyone says. I am taking your facts that you stated and saying how are they overrated if they win it-----no one said they would win the state or sub state just the district according to you---so once again how are they overrated if they accomplish what everyone said they would. My credentials are simple i am a person that waits for results and then makes predictions or facts as you call them. your stating the facts according to what you saw, hello i think that is an opinion just because you think the district is down doesnt make it a fact that is an opinion we were taught that in English class. I think the bottom line is that people from polk cant stand the fact that meigs can win with sometimes inferior talent so they have to come on here and try to find fault in anything they possibly can with the tigers players, coaches, school system, etc. We have region championships in football and baseball and possibly another baseball region championship this year to prove our facts and we went straight through polk county to get them. Now i am telling you that you are wrong. It looks to me after tonights score with mcminn central that you better be worried about the chargers instead of the tigers!