POLK COUNTY vs. McMINN CENTRAL

CRUTCHFIELD

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 06:04 AM) 826444773[/snapback]Do you have anymore stats I seem to be out at the moment, you see I ate at Castillos yesterday and ....Oh no not again I'll be right back.... Whew! Boy was that a good one! Now could you send those stats over and please copy them off on something soft? Lets see Central and their crushing offense 6 hits in 10 innings only 2 off of Davis in 6 2/3 innings. BTW don't talk about Hiwassee Dam anymore you guys are going to play Copper Basin for the second time I believe and the Dammers have beat Basin three times this year so lets not talk about the non-district schedules anymore.LOL!

Had to throw a punch there Mexican, Sorry!

In all honesty it happened just like I figured these three teams are equal and they played hard every time. Tough luck on getting third place both Central and Polk had a couple of bad games (Sweetwater,Boyd) that caused this to go to the final game but it set up a great finale. Congrats to both teams on a hard fought effort. Congrats to Meigs coming in first! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Congrts to Polk. Yes, just one more stat. First win for Polk over Central in how many years? Enjoy!! Better get the champagne out now cause don't think you'll need it after district tournament. I'll be listening for the cheerleaders in the stands (very classy). Haven't played Basin yet, I understand JV is playing them tormorrow.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 25 2007 - 02:58 PM) 826445187[/snapback]I would have lost my casa yesterday because I would have bet the house on Polk pitching choking again. Give Cats pitching credit, they shut down the Chargers. It really surprised me about Davis cause Chargers lit him up last year and hit him solid on Monday. When they made the change I thought it was over for Polk. Defensively both teams did nothing to cause them to lose the game. The Cats did jump one hurdle (beating Central for the first time in years), BUT still got a big one to go - getting past district tournament play. Congrats Cats on the win and enjoy the message board now. I don't think we'll be hearing from you after the district tournament. Oh, thanks for the cheers after the game. It was obvious you guys didn't know how to act after winning a big game, but we understand you haven't won a big one in a long time.

I agree I was questioning the coach's decision myself but Davis did a great job. I think the District Tournament will be up for grabs it will depend on which team makes the routine plays and gets the most out of their starting pitchers. I still say whoever advances will run into trouble with Notre Dame ,Hixon and Marion. As for the champagne I don't care for it myself I would rather enjoy a cold one while watching a good baseball game. All I can say about the cheers is that its like Bear Bryant once told one of his football player's who celebrated after he scored, " son act like you have been there before" but I think alot of that spilled over from basketball but I do not agree with it no matter where it came from. As I said earlier be humble when you win and show class when you lose! Good to hear from you! Good luck today with the Cougars.

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ Apr 25 2007 - 02:15 PM) 826445165[/snapback]Question: been following this thread for awhile and while it is pretty clear Meigs, Polk and McMinn Central are pretty even

and have good records, who would you guys say are the other quality wins on your schedules?

The only teams I can find that would rate as quality opponents might be Bradley and Walker Valley, which I think Meigs played.

Not looking to start anything, just curious.

What is the point? None of the three have proved themselves to be any better than the other! They all had 1 or 2 quality wins out of district but no one played that tough of a non-district schedule. At this point it does not matter the 5AA tourney is what counts!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 02:35 PM) 826445220[/snapback]What is the point? None of the three have proved themselves to be any better than the other! They all had 1 or 2 quality wins out of district but no one played that tough of a non-district schedule. At this point it does not matter the 5AA tourney is what counts!

Because I follow 6AA and the winners will eventually play one of these teams and trying to get a read on them is tough.

Their records are very good, but suspect given the scedule. They might all be state champion caliber for all I know.

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ Apr 25 2007 - 03:41 PM) 826445225[/snapback]Because I follow 6AA and the winners will eventually play one of these teams and trying to get a read on them is tough.

Their records are very good, but suspect given the scedule. They might all be state champion caliber for all I know.

IMHO whoever advances will run into trouble with Notre Dame ,Hixon and Marion.

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 02:25 PM) 826445211[/snapback]I agree I was questioning the coache's decision myself but Davis did a great job. I think the District Tournament will be up for grabs it will depend on which team makes the routine plays and gets the most out of their starting pitchers. I still say whoever advances will run into trouble with Notre Dame ,Hixon and Marion. As for the champagne I don't care for it myself I would rather enjoy a cold one while watching a good baseball game. All I can say about the cheers is that its like Bear Bryant once told one of his football player's who celebrated after he scored, " son act like you have been there before" but I think alot of that spilled over from basketball but I do not agree with it no matter where it came from. As I said earlier be humble when you win and show class when you lose! Good to hear from you! Good luck today with the Cougars.

Who you got left before tourney? Central plays Basin Thursday (there) and Tuesday (home - senior nite) , plays Rhea (home) on Monday. Not very difficult closing games, but I guess you can rest your pitchers some.

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 25 2007 - 04:45 PM) 826445233[/snapback]Who you got left before tourney? Central plays Basin Thursday (there) and Tuesday (home - senior nite) , plays Rhea (home) on Monday. Not very difficult closing games, but I guess you can rest your pitchers some.

Thurs.- Bradley-Bear Classic

Friday- Walker Valley- Bear Classic

Sat.-Bear Classic- Maybe

Monday- The Dammers- Home

Tues.-Christian Heritage -SR night

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ Apr 25 2007 - 12:59 PM) 826445052[/snapback]Yes he did a good job last night. 1 good game in 4 years against central does not mean anything... Other then that what else has he done.... Mental E on Monday night and he could not get the job done. Thats baseball.. Sometimes the sun will shine on you and sometimes it want...

Hmmm what else has Davis done??? Hmmm....He BEAT MEIGS too!!! If Central faces him again, i predict the same result....SHUT DOWN!!!

QUOTE(Butch & Sundance @ Apr 25 2007 - 12:59 PM) 826445052[/snapback]Yes he did a good job last night. 1 good game in 4 years against central does not mean anything... Other then that what else has he done.... Mental E on Monday night and he could not get the job done. Thats baseball.. Sometimes the sun will shine on you and sometimes it want...

And what the heck is this mental error you talk about????

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ Apr 25 2007 - 02:57 PM) 826445240[/snapback]Thurs.- Bradley-Bear Classic

Friday- Walker Valley- Bear Classic

Sat.-Bear Classic- Maybe

Monday- The Dammers- Home

Tues.-Christian Heritage -SR night

Not showing you up Scout but their have been schedule changes. The Bear Classic was cancelled I think due to not enough teams.

Thurs- Polk @ Bradley 7:00

Friday- Polk @ Walker Valley 7:00

Monday- OFF DAY. The Dammers cancelled

Tuesday- Polk vs. Christian Heritage- SR night 5:00

This is what I heard yesterday. If anyone knows other wise please correct me.

QUOTE(mexican @ Apr 25 2007 - 01:58 PM) 826445187[/snapback]I would have lost my casa yesterday because I would have bet the house on Polk pitching choking again. Give Cats pitching credit, they shut down the Chargers. It really surprised me about Davis cause Chargers lit him up last year and hit him solid on Monday. When they made the change I thought it was over for Polk. Defensively both teams did nothing to cause them to lose the game. The Cats did jump one hurdle (beating Central for the first time in years), BUT still got a big one to go - getting past district tournament play. Congrats Cats on the win and enjoy the message board now. I don't think we'll be hearing from you after the district tournament. Oh, thanks for the cheers after the game. It was obvious you guys didn't know how to act after winning a big game, but we understand you haven't won a big one in a long time.

If this is the case why don't you shut Centrals basketball student section up? That was the fans doing the talking. Please give a few of the Polk players credit for controlling themselves and not making a fool of themselves like has happened in the past. (Beard, Qualls, Davis, and Hammons {transfer from Central})

I thought all of these boys did the right thing. I did not see no jawing or anything from player to player in the game.

GOOD SPORTSMANSHIP both Polk and Central players

QUOTE(CRUTCHFIELD @ Apr 25 2007 - 05:08 PM) 826445248[/snapback]Not showing you up Scout but their have been schedule changes. The Bear Classic was cancelled I think due to not enough teams.

Thurs- Polk @ Bradley 7:00

Friday- Polk @ Walker Valley 7:00

Monday- OFF DAY. The Dammers cancelled

Tuesday- Polk vs. Christian Heritage- SR night 5:00

This is what I heard yesterday. If anyone knows other wise please correct me.

I was looking at the schedule I had.

Thanks