Jeff Hughes signs with Austin Peay

PageMan

Page Senior Pitcher Jeff Hughes decided to go with Austin Peay to continue his baseball career. A ceremony was held today at Page High School as current Page coaches, players, family, former coaches, and other supporters came together to congratulate Jeff. I was pleased to be invited and think that Jeff made a good choice. Jeff had several offers to consider and I'm glad he decided to go ahead and make his choice to relieve the pressure so he can concentrate on winning more games for Page as tournament time is not far away. Jeff currently leads Page's pitching with an ERA of 1.71 with 58 K's and also has the lowest walks + hit batters per inning of 0.36. Congratulations Jeff.

After doing the latest season-to-date stats for Page, here are some other interesting aspects of Jeff's play besides his pitching:

Batting Average: 318

Slugging %: 455

On Base %: 438

Fielding %: 948

So when Jeff isn't on the mound, he is certainly a great asset to Page when hitting or fielding. I'm sure he will be a great asset to Austin Peay as well.

QUOTE(kittyfan @ Apr 18 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826440514[/snapback]Kudos to jeff and his great family. have watched him in travel summeer ball for several years. great kid, great ball player.

Is Jeff not part of that good Hit after Hit pitching staff during the Summer? Do they have any 2007 pitchers that have not signed as of this date?