Who will be strong in DII-AAA

olebull

QUOTE(BLUEMOM @ Apr 20 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826441793[/snapback]McCallie will be in the hunt!

BLUEMOM?

What's McCallie got back in 07? Whom shall step in behind "soon to Vol" Mr. Coleman? Bradford & Dozier are gone at thw WR. Are Conney or Poindexter back? Who will replace Commander, Myatt, and Patterson up front? On D, did a good portion of those graduate as well? DLs like Pettitt, Green, and Dann, along with LBs Rhodes & Green? I'm sure coach Potter has a nice pipeline of talent comming up from the Frosh/JV groups, as well as a great staff, parents, off season program, etc. What does the schedule look like in 07? Who is being expected to deliver unexpected results?

Well, Coach Potter did leave some in the pipeline when he left for BA!

OL/DL should benefit from Josh Bain, Fox, Enderle, Kell, Mattice, Lapihuska to name a few returning upper classmen. Fresh/JV linemen to watch will be Tompkins (my fav), another Okpok, Hunter, Makepeace, LaDouce and Italia.

Not sure who will be quarterbacking yet. Top candidate is most likely Johnny Newman. Returning skill positions are Poindexter, Higgins, Fullam, Henderson. Rising fresh/jv include Rush, T. Newman, Watkins, Gaines, Coleman.

LB's are numerous -- Goss, Fullam, Kemp, Wells, Bible, Banks.....

We don't have spring practice until May and don't expect full turnout as several guys will still be in spring sports.

The last schedule I saw was as follows:

Aug 17 - Jamboree

Aug 24 - @ Marshall County, KY

Aug 31 - Franklin Co.

Sep 7 - BA

Sep 14 - open

Sep 21 @ Father Ryan

Sep 28 @ Ensworth

Oct 5 - @ Baylor

Oct 12 - open

Oct 19- - Webb

Oct 26 - Tyner

Nov 2 - MBA

I'm sure Coach Whitt will have the boys in shape and ready to play.

QUOTE(BLUEMOM @ Apr 20 2007 - 02:48 PM) 826442000[/snapback]Well, Coach Potter did leave some in the pipeline when he left for BA!

OL/DL should benefit from Josh Bain, Fox, Enderle, Kell, Mattice, Lapihuska to name a few returning upper classmen. Fresh/JV linemen to watch will be Tompkins (my fav), another Okpok, Hunter, Makepeace, LaDouce and Italia.

Not sure who will be quarterbacking yet. Top candidate is most likely Johnny Newman. Returning skill positions are Poindexter, Higgins, Fullam, Henderson. Rising fresh/jv include Rush, T. Newman, Watkins, Gaines, Coleman.

LB's are numerous -- Goss, Fullam, Kemp, Wells, Bible, Banks.....

We don't have spring practice until May and don't expect full turnout as several guys will still be in spring sports.

The last schedule I saw was as follows:

Aug 17 - Jamboree

Aug 24 - @ Marshall County, KY

Aug 31 - Franklin Co.

Sep 7 - BA

Sep 14 - open

Sep 21 @ Father Ryan

Sep 28 @ Ensworth

Oct 5 - @ Baylor

Oct 12 - open

Oct 19- - Webb

Oct 26 - Tyner

Nov 2 - MBA

I'm sure Coach Whitt will have the boys in shape and ready to play.

Thanks BLUEMOM.

Sorry about the Potter/Whitt thing. Old habits die hard. Is Newman the big kid? Thanks.

• 3 months later...

i am interested to see how the new alignment works out and am really interested to see how ensworth is this year with all their talent

ensworth does have alot of talent had could be alot better than teams think. With Ricky Bowers there, they can get some things done. Dont think they will be at the top this year but look for them to be a sleeper and beat some teams that may surprise you. Look for them to make a big run next year with Tavaress being a Senior and 4 of their starting linemen being seniors as well next year, and Orleans O-Darkwa being a junior. They have the talent to do some damage but just not enough experience just yet. Give them a couple of games to get warm but when it comes around to MBA i think they will be heated up and ready to go