bad grass causes loss

liverpool fc 8

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Coniglio @ Apr 29 2007 - 07:11 PM) 826447986[/snapback]And yet we wonder why they're so good.

Maybe we should play whenever on whatever....

ive thought about this for a good 7 minutes

and ive come to the conclusion that to win the world cup ( not the next one, think more long term)

that we should start our younger players playing in asphalt alleyways barefooted,

then we should be able to easily take the Brazilians (or any other nation )on any type of field

I think its funny that someone even posted that i'm sure its been said i didnt read all the replys but come on thats just a loser's excuse. both teams played on it and no its not easy but soccer WASNT designed just to be played on the most beautiful grass in the world it meant to be played w/ player and this guy isnt a player. love the game no matter where you r are what your playing w/ that the problem w/ soccer here today theres to many people like this guy and not enough true players that respect the game enough not to go complain bout the field on a computer after a loss. Thats sad that we it comes to that. Make your true posts and replys on the field then you can talk. Talk is cheep what really counts it what you do on the grass or lumps or pile of marshmellows it doesnt matter where you are... respect the game

QUOTE(golEwhataday @ May 1 2007 - 07:53 AM) 826448961[/snapback]I think its funny that someone even posted that i'm sure its been said i didnt read all the replys but come on thats just a loser's excuse. both teams played on it and no its not easy but soccer WASNT designed just to be played on the most beautiful grass in the world it meant to be played w/ player and this guy isnt a player. love the game no matter where you r are what your playing w/ that the problem w/ soccer here today theres to many people like this guy and not enough true players that respect the game enough not to go complain bout the field on a computer after a loss. Thats sad that we it comes to that. Make your true posts and replys on the field then you can talk. Talk is cheep what really counts it what you do on the grass or lumps or pile of marshmellows it doesnt matter where you are... respect the game

you really need to read the thread b4 you post.

QUOTE(ITALYandSWEDEN @ May 1 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826449574[/snapback]You can not blame a loss on the grass.. that's ridiculous and shows that you aren't capable of playing on any pitch. Think of the Brasilians, they have no grass, they play on beaches and dirt streets, yet they have 5 world championships. An excuse like this shows weakness in a team.

Italy, I actually spent my freshman year playing in the country and learned more about passion for a sport than I can express. I was there during a world cup year , 1994. I played many games with locals on cobblestones and they love the chance to show us the true dedication to the sport. The game fields were dirt with some lines and that tested your strength as an individual. Changed my life. I love grass of any kind right now.

QUOTE(akula21 @ May 1 2007 - 10:19 PM) 826449609[/snapback]Italy, I actually spent my freshman year playing in the country and learned more about passion for a sport than I can express. I was there during a world cup year , 1994. I played many games with locals on cobblestones and they love the chance to show us the true dedication to the sport. The game fields were dirt with some lines and that tested your strength as an individual. Changed my life. I love grass of any kind right now.

What part of Brazil?

QUOTE(akula21 @ May 1 2007 - 09:19 PM) 826449609[/snapback]Italy, I actually spent my freshman year playing in the country and learned more about passion for a sport than I can express. I was there during a world cup year , 1994. I played many games with locals on cobblestones and they love the chance to show us the true dedication to the sport. The game fields were dirt with some lines and that tested your strength as an individual. Changed my life. I love grass of any kind right now.

We're going to Florianopolis, Brazil this summer (an island off the southern coast of Brazil) to do a mission trip with some orphanages and local schools. I look forward to being in a country who's passion is the sport I love. Been to Europe Scandanavia, and Russia, but never South America. All of the fields in Germany were awesome, but Russia had mostly dirt fields. We actually got to play in the center courtyard of a maximum security prison in downtown Moscow. It was straight out of a movie. It was 5 on 5 in a wired cage with all of the prisoners surrounding the game in bleachers. We were told to play hard, but to let the prisoner team win. They won, 5-2.