Farragut at Oak Ridge

knoxgk

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826446477[/snapback]so Soccer a shot on goal wouldnt be a shot that hit the post? i mean it shouldn't count as a save if the goalie doesn't touch it but it isn't a goal either.

In most of the games I have witnessed over the last few years teams generally dont shoot that much against Farragut. I think Bearden has probably gotten the most shots i've seen against Farragut. I think it was around 15-20 maybe. I think if I was keeping the stats, i'd probably be wrong but, i'd say anything close to the goal is a shot on goal. You can generally tell whether it's close or not. So based on the way I would keep that stat. I'd say that in the games I've seen Farragut generally outshoots the other team by a whole lot. about as much as the stats in the paper have listed. About a 10+ shot differential for most games. But hey I've never played soccer so what do I know.

shots on goal = saves + goals + post. How's that?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soccer Gypsy @ Apr 26 2007 - 11:41 PM) 826446497[/snapback]shots on goal = saves + goals + post. How's that?

I wasn't trying to be picky or anything I was just curious. I know that usually in lacrosse if it hits the post it counts as save, atleast according to some people.

I don't have a clue what some peopel count as a shot on goal or not. I would think it varies from person to person. but... saves+goals+posts.. sounds good to me.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:51 PM) 826446434[/snapback]Ok I have a question. I have only seen 1 game for Farragut in person( the Harrison game) and then 1 on tv(the Bearden game). My question is for anyone who has seen them play at 100% health. Do you think that Farragut would be struggling this much if they were completely healthy? I'm sure it is an obvious answer but I mean it seems to me that lately that the defense is breaking down and it is causing alot of problems, would it still break down if they had their normal starters in? I'm not trying to make excuses I am just curious how big of a difference them having all these injuries is really making.

I have seen three games now by Farragut, a preseason game, the Bearden game, and tonight's game. Farragut had back two of the missing defenseman this game that were absent in the Bearden game, but they had lost a couple of key mid-field players. I still think that when they work the ball like they did tonight against OR and a couple of weeks ago against Bearden -hurt or not- no team in the state can play with them...they just have to use their brilliance with ball work to get them somewhere. The problem that i see is that teams will get up 1 on them earlier in the game and then drop more back to pack in the box....it was pretty obviously done in both the OR and Bearden games. When this happens, they need to take more outside shots...tonight it worked with Russel's goal, but it should've been happening all game. They have shooters that can hit the ball, but they would rather dribble inside the 18 and pass across....sometimes you just have to be selfish and rip it.

I do understand that posession doesnt win the games, but if Farragut would find a way to take an early lead against teams like Bearden or OR they wouldnt have to worry about finding small cracks against 8 defenders in the box....which, i think, would ultimately lead to more wins.

More to the point on the injuries, their defense played fine against Bearden...their defense played mediocre tonight...those things happen. Farragut's bench is almost as good as its starters...if they realize that, they wouldnt have as much of a problem....it seems that some of the players dont play with as much confidence as they should....but even so, i would be more worried about their lack of goal production compared to their amount of control of the ball.

Roll SoccerCats Roll! I am so proud of the team and happy for them. Late Saturday night, while sitting around the kitchen table, I told my nephew that the one team I loved OR to beat the most was Farragut. It is great to know he went out and helped make that happen. Way to go Matt!

I wonder how much the experience of playing Christian Brothers on Sunday helped the Cats out last night? CBHS is an excellent ball controlling team and probably prepared OR for some of the things FHS tried to do.

Good luck to both teams and best wishes on the rest of the season. The Ads will bounce back and hopefully this is NOT the high water mark for OR this season. Stay focused, work hard, keep a leveled head, and move forward.

Taking nothing away from Oak Ridge-they pounded them. Farragut did not bring their best game and paid the price! Will they regroup for a run or will they come unglued and end the season in disarray?

Farragut seems to go through this same pattern each year: lot's of pre-season hype followed by some early season games where they struggle. Then comes a period where they gel/bond and produce some very good results. Then right before district tournament, a loss or struggle that doesn't fit with their ability.

Injuries always play a role, and having the opportunity to develop reserves only helps a team later, especially if a key player goes down. I think Knox-West has benefited from this by playing without Cody for so much of the season.

By now they know they can play well when they really need to (mid-season form) and I believe that the distractions of being a High School Student, such as prom, graduation, choosing a college... interfere. The next few weeks mean two probable matchups with their arch rival and defending state champs Bearden so it is understandable they their focus could be too far ahead. It is hard to get up and focused for so many games when they really count for so little in comparison to the games in the coming weeks.

Most teams have this 'wake-up game' about this time of the season. Maybe the same thing happened last week to Brentwood.

Here to finding out who can really Play come May.

First off, I didn't see this one coming.

I figured Farragut would get up for this one and show what they were made of.

Guess i was wrong, but from what i was told, the keeper from Farragut apparently forgot what team he was on!

(Do they have another keeper to play..? It might be hear-say, but MARSHALL???? Come on, let's be realistic!)

/tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> (Did the Bearden keeper get offerered a MLS contract?) /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I attended Brentwood and Hendersonville. Brentwood really came to play. (the loss from Centenial was a good thing for them)

Maybe this LOSS will do the same thing for Farragut, maybe it wont.

(WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME FARRAGUT LOST TO A TEAM FROM EAST TN>>BESIDES BEARDEN???????)

Either way, Oak Ridge deserves great respect for playing Bearden sooo close, and beating Farragut by THREE goals.

They are a team that is here to stay and make TN soccer that much stronger!!!!!

I cant wait to see who makes it to the STATE tourny...whomever it is, GET READY for some great soccer!!!!

I will be there for sure!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:51 PM) 826446434[/snapback]Do you think that Farragut would be struggling this much if they were completely healthy? ....I am just curious how big of a difference them having all these injuries is really making.

I don't think the Admirals are "struggling." They simply lost to a good team in an unfortunate manner.

Without question Farragut's team health has had a negative effect on their overall play, but with only two losses all season--this one and by one goal to Bearden-- I don't think know that their results would or even could be very much better if everyone was playing.

Some nights the ball just doesn't bounce the right way for you. I'd be extremely surprised to see Oak Ridge pull off a similar result in the playoffs if they meet again. Oak Ridge has a fine side, but I don't believe they are regularly three goals better than the Admirals although they were last night.

Good luck to both teams.

QUOTE(Lion106 @ Apr 27 2007 - 09:47 AM) 826446689[/snapback](WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME FARRAGUT LOST TO A TEAM FROM EAST TN>>BESIDES BEARDEN???????)

Oak Ridge joined a very small group last night. Losses in ET---other than Bearden--- hasn't happened often to this group of Admirals. In 2006 they lost to Science Hill (0-3) and CAK (0-1). In 2005 they lost to Knox Catholic (0-3). In 2004 it was Science Hill,again (1-2). That's it. Bearden, Science Hill, CAK, Catholic and now Oak Ridge are the only ET teams to beat Farragut's seniors.

QUOTE(Hoya @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826446726[/snapback]Oak Ridge joined a very small group last night. Losses in ET---other than Bearden--- hasn't happened often to this group of Admirals. In 2006 they lost to Science Hill (0-3) and CAK (0-1). In 2005 they lost to Knox Catholic (0-3). In 2004 it was Science Hill,again (1-2). That's it. Bearden, Science Hill, CAK, Catholic and now Oak Ridge are the only ET teams to beat Farragut's seniors.

Yes that is right lets just hope Farragut can pull themselves back together and buckle down for CAK on Thursday