Farragut at Oak Ridge

knoxgk

Wow! Just heard that Oak Ridge beat Farragut, and beat them bad! If the keeper had such a bad game, why didn' t that use the back-up, the kid from the Crush!

Great job by Oak Ridge!!

QUOTE(PinballWizard @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:31 AM) 826446731[/snapback]Yes that is right lets just hope Farragut can pull themselves back together and buckle down for CAK on Thursday

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Oak Ridge for a great win and to Farragut for being such a worthy opponent. I am sure that nobody on the Oak Ridge team breathed a sigh of releif until the final whistle blew. After watching Oak Ridge play Bearden, I thought they were going to have these kinds of games routinely. I predicted them over Alcoa by 4-0 score, based on what I saw that night against Bearden. It looks like OR may have gotten their confidence back.

Congratulations again to both teams for making soccer exciting for everyone in East Tennessee.

Pinball-

I've heard the defense is still not full strength, but can the Keeper pull it together?

Was it even the starting goalie last night for Farragut, or was he hurt to?

If is was the starter, good luck trying to stop that forward from CAK!!!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Lion106 @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826446900[/snapback]Pinball-

I've heard the defense is still not full strength, but can the Keeper pull it together?

Was it even the starting goalie last night for Farragut, or was he hurt to?

If is was the starter, good luck trying to stop that forward from CAK!!!!!!!!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

It was the starting keeper.

I have to say that I am surprised that Farragut lost, but I am NOT surprised by the way they lost. Just from seeing 1 game in person I figured it was only a matter of time before the mistakes the keeper was making would actually cost Farragut. Yesterday I guess that time came.

QUOTE(allsoccer @ Apr 27 2007 - 10:54 AM) 826446755[/snapback]Wow! Just heard that Oak Ridge beat Farragut, and beat them bad! If the keeper had such a bad game, why didn' t that use the back-up, the kid from the Crush!

Great job by Oak Ridge!!

The back up keeper was at driving school and Farragut did pull their the keeper with 3 mins left (after 5th goal) and wanted to play with no goalie, which is against the rules so they just put a field player in the goal.

QUOTE(The Tron Special @ Apr 27 2007 - 04:33 PM) 826447085[/snapback]The back up keeper was at driving school and Farragut did pull their the keeper with 3 mins left (after 5th goal) and wanted to play with no goalie, which is against the rules so they just put a field player in the goal.

Did they actually try to sub a player in a field jersey for the keeper?

OK... so the keeper had a bad game. I think he realizes that. I also think that Farragut is a smart team, that can lose games that aren't back breakers, but pull things together for the "one and dones". I seem to remember a very beat up Farragut team who went to Science Hill last year and won sectionals. They will bounce back. Give their keeper a little room to breath, before you break out the rope for the execution. The true test of his mettle will be shown at the next game, not from this one...

Thier goalie Adam Green is known for playing great 9 out of 10 games. But that one off game that he has usually costs his team badly. This isn't the first time that this has happened to him. At a tournament for his club team he had a ball passed back to him roll under his foot, resulting in an own goal. Fortuantly He has think skin and will bounce back just fine. He will be back better than ever agianst CAK

Farragut seems to have to had to change their line up so many times because of injuries. I saw 7 or 8 Farragut Players not dressed out before the Oak Ridge Game. I can't say what really happened because I had to leave actually beforer the game started. What I am curious about is why the coach Kept the Keeper in if he was helping the other team so much. Don't they have any other keepers besides the one at Driving school?

QUOTE(OnThePitch @ Apr 28 2007 - 10:29 AM) 826447405[/snapback]Farragut seems to have to had to change their line up so many times because of injuries. I saw 7 or 8 Farragut Players not dressed out before the Oak Ridge Game. I can't say what really happened because I had to leave actually beforer the game started. What I am curious about is why the coach Kept the Keeper in if he was helping the other team so much. Don't they have any other keepers besides the one at Driving school?

Not that travel