AAA State Champions - 2007

Dirty Chuck

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ May 4 2007 - 11:08 PM) 826452150[/snapback]You have no clue?????? I surely was not talking about Farragut!!!!! There is one team the has the winningest program in UPPER EAS TENNESSEE. Do you ever read the paper?

I read the paper, but there usually isn't anything in it about DB. You quoted 7inningparadise.. "then why is farragut not ranked number one if that is the case, nobody has won more than them in the past 5 years"

and you said

"Have they been named to have the winningest program in the state? I don't think so! Take a look at the schools that have had very few loses over the last few years. This is what get you the rankings."

I don't see anything about Upper East Tennessee in there. You clearly were talking about Farragut and how they apparently don't have the winningest program in the state.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Hammer Head @ May 4 2007 - 10:09 PM) 826452065[/snapback]I must admit this is one of the best posts I have seen on here in quite some time. You really do know what you are talking about. But- I just thought I would let you know that Bearden has won around 20 games this year. I do not know an exact number, but I do know that they are a very solid team, anyone that has lost to Bearden should not be ashamed. They have a very solid rotation.

Please Accept my appology Bearden.... I got your wins and losses from the coacht site...apparently no one has taken interest enough in this coacht site to keep your scores posted up to date.

QUOTE(hsbaseballfan03 @ May 5 2007 - 02:26 AM) 826452275[/snapback]Very well could've been, I may be thinking of another year...maybe Germantown was one of the 2 losses in the 46-2 year?

Actually. You are correct hsbaseballfan, it was Germantown. It was in the Chatt-town tourney. I was looking at the 2004 season, not 2003. In the 46-2 season Farragut lost to Oakland and Maryville.

I'm really curious why this thread died after I posted the win-loss record of this years top East Tennessee teams while the "29-4 peep thread" is spewing forth with the "We're better then you" crap.

Could it be that nobody can fight the actual numbers so like good pre-schoolers you ran back to the playground thread, which has no facts or numbers, in order to continue the verbal mud slinging and not feel guilty about it?

Funny the things that happen when facts are presented.

Same thing happens in a cat fight you know...all you have to do is grab a bucket of cold water and toss it on them and the fight is over.

Another thing you can do is tie their tails together and toss them over a clothes line...then everybody stands around and laughs at them while they hiss and claw at each other...but wait...we are already doing that aren't we...standing around laughing at them while they go at it in this idiotic post of "better n you let me prove the ways" comments.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 6 2007 - 01:18 PM) 826452848[/snapback]I'm really curious why this thread died after I posted the win-loss record of this years top East Tennessee teams while the "29-4 peep thread" is spewing forth with the "We're better then you" crap.

Could it be that nobody can fight the actual numbers so like good pre-schoolers you ran back to the playground thread, which has no facts or numbers, in order to continue the verbal mud slinging and not feel guilty about it?

Funny the things that happen when facts are presented.

Same thing happens in a cat fight you know...all you have to do is grab a bucket of cold water and toss it on them and the fight is over.

Another thing you can do is tie their tails together and toss them over a clothes line...then everybody stands around and laughs at them while they hiss and claw at each other...but wait...we are already doing that aren't we...standing around laughing at them while they go at it in this idiotic post of "better n you let me prove the ways" comments.

DB mom You obviously did a lot of research and I applaud your stat loving mind. The problem that occurs with any research is researchers bias. For instance, how many of these W-L occured in a weekend tourney before the weeks district games? And with this in mind, how strong is your district, and how important is it to win said district as opposed to weekend tourney. Just thoughts from a baseball fan, but I am still impressed by your research which would have taken me several hours not counting my slow typing abilities. Oh and by the way I hope the PETA people don't see your post about the cats. You will be put on their call list. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 6 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826452873[/snapback]DB mom You obviously did a lot of research and I applaud your stat loving mind. The problem that occurs with any research is researchers bias. For instance, how many of these W-L occured in a weekend tourney before the weeks district games? And with this in mind, how strong is your district, and how important is it to win said district as opposed to weekend tourney. Just thoughts from a baseball fan, but I am still impressed by your research which would have taken me several hours not counting my slow typing abilities. Oh and by the way I hope the PETA people don't see your post about the cats. You will be put on their call list. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Ahhh you're certainly right about that Kees... that loss DB has against Farragut is indeed a weekend tournament loss.

We could argue all day about how important tournament wins are in the overall scheme of things. When it gets right down to it the season wins and/or district wins are not as important as one might think, just ask Farragut about season records, last year they won the state with the most season losses any state championship team has ever had. So what all the fuss is over is anyones guess... I personally think it is spoiled brats that scream and kick and spit and pull hair when they don't get their way.

I posted those wins and losses of the top contenders because I was tired of everyone beating their chests and bellowing loudly about how they were better then DB because they had beat DB this year already. Using that lame-brain kind of logic why would Farragut even bother trying to make it to state? Oakland beat them 3 times already this season so with their own logic they will most certainly lose at state.

When it all boils down to the nitty gritty, a win is a win whether it's a regular season win or a tournament win, and a loss is a loss. You put it on your season record and move on to the next game. How complicated is that?

But you must admit that the cat fight over on 29-4 is very impressive! Like a good playground brawl. Any moment now the principal will show up and grab them by the nap of their necks and drag them be suspended in mid air, swinging fists and kicking as he hauls the school yard brats to his office.

What would the game be without the loud mouthed bleacher rats?

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 6 2007 - 12:31 PM) 826452884[/snapback]Ahhh you're certainly right about that Kees... that loss DB has against Farragut is indeed a weekend tournament loss.

We could argue all day about how important tournament wins are in the overall scheme of things. When it gets right down to it the season wins and/or district wins are not as important as one might think, just ask Farragut about season records, last year they won the state with the most season losses any state championship team has ever had. So what all the fuss is over is anyones guess... I personally think it is spoiled brats that scream and kick and spit and pull hair when they don't get their way.

I posted those wins and losses of the top contenders because I was tired of everyone beating their chests and bellowing loudly about how they were better then DB because they had beat DB this year already. Using that lame-brain kind of logic why would Farragut even bother trying to make it to state? Oakland beat them 3 times already this season so with their own logic they will most certainly lose at state.

When it all boils down to the nitty gritty, a win is a win whether it's a regular season win or a tournament win, and a loss is a loss. You put it on your season record and move on to the next game. How complicated is that?

But you must admit that the cat fight over on 29-4 is very impressive! Like a good playground brawl. Any moment now the principal will show up and grab them by the nap of their necks and drag them be suspended in mid air, swinging fists and kicking as he hauls the school yard brats to his office.

What would the game be without the loud mouthed bleacher rats?

That was one of the best responses early on this thread,that I have every read.My hat is off to you.Ihavenofriendszz and braves4life have been all over coacht talking trash about DB.I did not have a clue that Farragut had lost that many games.South Doyle and Bearden really are the Top teams in Ktown this year.Good to know.Good luck to both of them.

QUOTE(Mi Kees @ May 6 2007 - 01:59 PM) 826452873[/snapback]The problem that occurs with any research is researchers bias.

You claim researchers bias... in my research of wins vs losses... how can you claim bias? You either got the win or you took a loss.

If you go that path in your logic then how can you claim that a win on a 30 degree night is better then a win on a 75 degree afternoon?

I have tried to see the logic in a claim of researchers bias...and if I had stated an oppinion on my numbers then you could say I was biased perhaps in my conclusion...but I do not see any way you can claim bias in factual numbers.

look at these 2 sets of numbers

Farragut 27-9 on the season for a .750 win %

DB 30-4 on the season for a .882 win %

DB is better then Farragut on paper. That is a ture and unbiased statement.

Derek Trent is a better hitter then Joey Delmonico. Now that is a biased statement. No facts to back it up...and I am obviously biased and will choose Trent over Delmonico...

Now lets say for arguments sake that Trent has a BA of .425, and OBP of .600, and a Slugging % of .950

and Delmonico has a BA of .411, OPB of .500 and a slugging % of .750.

Now with fact to back it up I can say that according to the numbers Trent is the better hitter. There would be no bias in that statement now because I have factual numbers to support my claim.

Now some folks are claiming that because DB plays in this so called "soft district" and Farragut plays in a tough district that the numbers don't mean squat... so to clean it up I took just the games between the top 2 teams from each of their districts this season to give us a better picture of clean wins and losses. The kind of wins and losses that some claim have meaning.

So usuain only games against each other these 4 teams posted the following records for the season:

South Doyle 2-3 giving them a winning % of .400

Farragut 1-3 giving them a winning % of .250

Science Hill 2-3 giving them a winning % of .400

Dobyns-Bennett 5-1 giving them a winning% of .833

So in tough games DB has posted a pretty impressive winning percentage. While on the other hand Farragut shows that they will be a little weaker against winning ball clubs (on paper.)

Now the only way you can argue these numbers is to claim that perhaps the wind blows harder straight in at Farragut and the wind blows harder straight out at DB...and since the teams play approximately half their games on their home field that means Farragut has tougher playing conditions and therefore a .750 for their ball club is better then an .882 for DB's ball club...

Now that my friend is the difference in clear cut bias and strickly using numbers to decide who might have the edge in any give game.... (not to mention who has wet noodles for brains.)

Now if you have to place 10,000 dollars of your personaly money on the team you expect to win in a single game play off and your choice is Farragut or DB where will you put your money this year given their season record? Because As you might suspect Catapano is no longer on their team...you cannot play past State Champions in this years game... so what will it be my friend... this year logic says you better put your money on DB. Whether they win or not is anybodys guess but advantage clearly goes to DB this season.

QUOTE(1moreDBmom @ May 6 2007 - 04:34 PM) 826452936[/snapback]You claim researchers bias... in my research of wins vs losses... how can you claim bias? You either got the win or you took a loss.

If you go that path in your logic then how can you claim that a win on a 30 degree night is better then a win on a 75 degree afternoon?

I have tried to see the logic in a claim of researchers bias...and if I had stated an oppinion on my numbers then you could say I was biased perhaps in my conclusion...but I do not see any way you can claim bias in factual numbers.

look at these 2 sets of numbers

Farragut 27-9 on the season for a .750 win %

DB 30-4 on the season for a .882 win %

DB is better then Farragut on paper. That is a ture and unbiased statement.

Derek Trent is a better hitter then Joey Delmonico. Now that is a biased statement. No facts to back it up...and I am obviously biased and will choose Trent over Delmonico...

Now lets say for arguments sake that Trent has a BA of .425, and OBP of .600, and a Slugging % of .950

and Delmonico has a BA of .411, OPB of .500 and a slugging % of .750.

Now with fact to back it up I can say that according to the numbers Trent is the better hitter. There would be no bias in that statement now because I have factual numbers to support my claim.

Now some folks are claiming that because DB plays in this so called "soft district" and Farragut plays in a tough district that the numbers don't mean squat... so to clean it up I took just the games between the top 2 teams from each of their districts this season to give us a better picture of clean wins and losses. The kind of wins and losses that some claim have meaning.

So usuain only games against each other these 4 teams posted the following records for the season:

South Doyle 2-3 giving them a winning % of .400

Farragut 1-3 giving them a winning % of .250

Science Hill 2-3 giving them a winning % of .400

Dobyns-Bennett 5-1 giving them a winning% of .833

So in tough games DB has posted a pretty impressive winning percentage. While on the other hand Farragut shows that they will be a little weaker against winning ball clubs (on paper.)

Now the only way you can argue these numbers is to claim that perhaps the wind blows harder straight in at Farragut and the wind blows harder straight out at DB...and since the teams play approximately half their games on their home field that means Farragut has tougher playing conditions and therefore a .750 for their ball club is better then an .882 for DB's ball club...

Now that my friend is the difference in clear cut bias and strickly using numbers to decide who might have the edge in any give game.... (not to mention who has wet noodles for brains.)

Now if you have to place 10,000 dollars of your personaly money on the team you expect to win in a single game play off and your choice is Farragut or DB where will you put your money this year given their season record? Because As you might suspect Catapano is no longer on their team...you cannot play past State Champions in this years game... so what will it be my friend... this year logic says you better put your money on DB. Whether they win or not is anybodys guess but advantage clearly goes to DB this season.

Whew DB mom you are a stat machine. All this research must be exhausting. Take a deep breath. Allow the good air in. Bad air out. Good air in . Bad air out. There don't you feel better. Go out and watch the DB guys play the greatest game on earth. Now don't calculate the #4 batters OBA against left handers whos first name starts with C and know with confidence that if said left hander throws a curveball on the 3rd pitch said #4 hitter will drive a standup double into the LC gap. Good luck to those DB young men and I never bet on any sporting events cause you can't predict heart and desire. Let me leave you with one more little stat from todays games. Lenior City just eliminated Bearden from the playoffs--- check out their records all you want but that calculator brain and that attorney type rhetoric can't change this fact. Farragut had that certain intangible last year. Who has it this year? This is why the games are played. Good luck to you and the DB men unless you are playing the Kees. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />