Best player in the state

boomer5

The best player in the state is Logan Darnell of Goodpasture.

He pitches in the low 90's and his era is very good.

He plays center field when he doesn't pitch and is a very good fielder.

He can hit with power for a home run or go up and get a base hit but

one thing for sure is that he is going to hit it somewhere very hard.

He is a senior this year and has will be going to University of Kentucky

next year and try to get into their pitching rotation.

I also think Sonny Gray is a great player. He can pitch, play his posistion

and man, can he hit a ton. The kid from Ravenwood is very good.

Clayton from USJ is the real deal as well but my opinion is that Logan

Darnell is the best player in the state this year.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Position Players: Josh Liles (USJ & University of Tennessee) & Cody Hawn (South Doyle & Arkansas)

Pitchers: Logan Darnell (Goodpasture & Kentucky) , PJ Francescon (Ravenwood & MTSU), Ben Johnson is a late bloomer that should have gone D1 (Overton & Trevecca)

QUOTE(7inningparadise @ May 1 2007 - 11:21 AM) 826449029[/snapback]If he played in AAA , he would have max about 5 or 6, I would never say anyone in single A is the best hitter in the state. there is no proof with the pitching they see

Sonny Gray is the best player in the state, and anybody that doesn't think so obviously has not seen this phoenom

Well i don't agree its either dylan pratt or derek trent

QUOTE(Live4FridayNite615 @ May 3 2007 - 09:43 PM) 826451257[/snapback]So where do you project him to be drafted after his senior year?? 1st round or what??

Long time between now and then. Kyler Burke from Ooltewah went 35th last year.

Bryan Morris went 26th out of Motlow...

Josh Bell went 176th in 2005....

in 2004 Kyle Waldrop went 25th. Jeremy Slayden went 547th... Those two were fun to watch

swing a bat!

All of the above were pretty special in high school. And I had the fun of seeing them all plus argualbly

the two best middle-infielders in the state over the past decade or so, Zach Miller, now at Ole Miss and

Wayne Kendrick, now at MTSU... And Tony Delmonico was a pretty fair shortstop at Farragut....

In the next few years, several Tennessee kids may drafted, some pretty high. A left-hander from

Blackman may be going REALLY HIGH this year.....

it is hard to compare players that project as pitchers against those that project as hitters. just because hitters are more common and there is less of a premium placed on hitting. all scouts tend to drool a little more over pitchers. i don't know why, it just happens that way. that is why a strong pitcher will get drafted over a strong hitter. when you are saying best overall player, it is dificult because the comparison criteria are not unified.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ May 4 2007 - 10:14 AM) 826451574[/snapback]it is hard to compare players that project as pitchers against those that project as hitters. just because hitters are more common and there is less of a premium placed on hitting. all scouts tend to drool a little more over pitchers. i don't know why, it just happens that way. that is why a strong pitcher will get drafted over a strong hitter. when you are saying best overall player, it is dificult because the comparison criteria are not unified.

While all of the above is true, there are pitchers that can hit. If a pitcher can throw hard, locate pitches, break off a nasty curve ball, field his position, and hit, then he has my vote. Pitching is an art. You have to have a good head on your shoulders and the right frame of mind. One of the best at all of these is Clayton Gant. We have played against him several times and I have yet to see him lose his cool about anything. He is a thinking pitcher. He can hit for power and field difficult plays. He has my vote. He is a complete baseball player.