29-4 and not a peep

Stonewall

QUOTE(LCborn @ May 5 2007 - 08:33 PM) 826452640[/snapback]As they lost last year to the--what was it, third- or fourth-place team in district 4--I forget--I think they still have something to prove. I take that back; no, I think they have a lot to prove. Good luck to the little squirts, though.

Steam engines are obsolete and I have no idea what "clinders" are.

Don't be so hard on Scorecard10 there LCborn. Steam engines were still around when DB won their last state championship. And that fourth place team from District 4 was in fourth place because they had been saving their ace pitcher all year just in case they got to play DB. Not to mention that there was a bad call in the first inning that cost DB the game, preventing them from winning the state championship. Of course they would have marched right through the bracket at the Boro without any trouble at all. IF IF IF IF IF

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(nowthatsfunny @ May 5 2007 - 08:59 PM) 826452659[/snapback]IF IF IF IF IF

As the saying goes, "If 'if's' and 'but's' were fruits and nuts, we'd all be happy at Christmas." Of course, that aphorism dates back to the days when getting an orange or some walnuts for Christmas was pretty cool, steam engines were high-tech, and D-B was competitive.

QUOTE(LCborn @ May 5 2007 - 11:11 PM) 826452673[/snapback]As the saying goes, "If 'if's' and 'but's' were fruits and nuts, we'd all be happy at Christmas." Of course, that aphorism dates back to the days when getting an orange or some walnuts for Christmas was pretty cool, steam engines were high-tech, and D-B was competitive.

I just have a quick question LCborn what makes D-B not competitive. Now if its for states every year ill agree with you but they are in sub state every year for the past three finished 2nd in 94 and 96 so just what is competitive 4 u?

QUOTE(braves4life @ May 4 2007 - 09:27 PM) 826452172[/snapback]ok so its official. scorecard has lost his mind. and just like ihavenofriends said, farragut doesnt get on here and make excuses why they lost, there's really no point in doing so anyways. and like i have said for the 10000 time, farragut beat DB's ace during the game this year. he came in in the 7th and we won in the 9th, so stop making excuses because you are just making yourselves look stupid.

The pitcher that Farragut saw the first 4 1/3 innings was not the "ACE" for DB. That was the # 3 pitcher. DB was ahead of Farragut when the first pitcher started having pain in his shoulder. That same pitcher has pitched against Knoxville All-Star teams for a long time and he helped his team beat those All-Stars. Yes DB did bring their # 1 pitcher when # 3 was taken out. Now you have to take in consideration that it was in March, on a cold night and the season had just started. NOW it is MAY, regular season is over and it is TOURNAMENT time. All I can say from this point on is BE READY! "braves4life" get a life and watch the game closely.

"GOING WITH THE VIBES, ROLLING WITH THE TRIBE"

QUOTE(scorecard10 @ May 5 2007 - 11:24 PM) 826452684[/snapback]The pitcher that Farragut saw the first 4 1/3 innings was not the "ACE" for DB. That was the # 3 pitcher. DB was ahead of Farragut when the first pitcher started having pain in his shoulder. That same pitcher has pitched against Knoxville All-Star teams for a long time and he helped his team beat those All-Stars. Yes DB did bring their # 1 pitcher when # 3 was taken out. Now you have to take in consideration that it was in March, on a cold night and the season had just started. NOW it is MAY, regular season is over and it is TOURNAMENT time. All I can say from this point on is BE READY! "braves4life" get a life and watch the game closely.

"GOING WITH THE VIBES, ROLLING WITH THE TRIBE"

seriously, can you stop with all the excuses? its really annoying and all your doing is making yourself look bad...if this, if that, DB would have won state IF....just accept it, DB is a SUB state team and nothing more

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 5 2007 - 09:11 AM) 826452308[/snapback]Your user name says it all.Get a life!A 21 year old punk on here jacking his jawls.But that's a snotty nose rich kid for you. /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(DBGRAD70 @ May 5 2007 - 05:39 PM) 826452510[/snapback]I'm talking about ANYBODY who badmouths a team, player, or fan.

But seriously, can you find an example of a DB fan who started badmouthing others without 1st having it done to him? If you could run the stats on this issue, you would find that at least 90+ of the time the haters start the bickering.

I don't think anyone has said anything like what Plowboy said on here. I mean nothing like that at all. A direct attack on someone. If anyone has said anything about DB people it is them as a whole and it wasn't really an attack. It was mostly just a "why can't DB understand the fact that they got beat last year" or a "The Big 9 isn't that good"... nothing was every an actual attack. But what Plowboy said was def. a direct attack towards me. I felt that it was completely uncalled for.

QUOTE(-Catfish- @ May 5 2007 - 04:51 PM) 826452492[/snapback]An example of Farragut fans not being classy? Last year at the very game I just described, the only game in any sport I have attended with DB pitted against Farragut, a number of their fans were absolutely classless to DB fans in the stands both during and after the game.

That really helps. This one time at this other game some guy yelled at the refs and the other teams fans.

Edit: Come on Braves, don't get too confident. We don't want to be like DB last year.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 6 2007 - 10:28 AM) 826452826[/snapback]I don't think anyone has said anything like what Plowboy said on here. I mean nothing like that at all. A direct attack on someone. If anyone has said anything about DB people it is them as a whole and it wasn't really an attack. It was mostly just a "why can't DB understand the fact that they got beat last year" or a "The Big 9 isn't that good"... nothing was every an actual attack. But what Plowboy said was def. a direct attack towards me. I felt that it was completely uncalled for.

That really helps. This one time at this other game some guy yelled at the refs and the other teams fans.

Edit: Come on Braves, don't get too confident. We don't want to be like DB last year.

You don't get the point do you?you keep coming back about DB and the big nine not being that good we got your message.Give it a break!If you bad mouth The Tribe you get badmouthed .Go back and look at your posts.Give it up.Maybe it struck home.Nothing personal. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(plowboy2 @ May 6 2007 - 01:14 PM) 826452845[/snapback]You don't get the point do you?you keep coming back about DB and the big nine not being that good we got your message.Give it a break!If you bad mouth The Tribe you get badmouthed .Go back and look at your posts.Give it up.Maybe it struck home.Nothing personal. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ok so I went back and read my posts. Nowhere in it did I even trash DB, other than maybe when I said "they didn't want to look like fools again", when I was talking about why they werent talking trash on coacht this year. Other than that there was nothing. The "Big" 9 really isn't that good. It is hard to give you soo many facts like DBmom does when the ones that prove that the "Big" 9 isn't good just aren't on here. Kind of hard to compare records when most of the teams have half of their games recorded on here. So lets go by the schedule rank on coact, Farragut's schedule rank is 34th, DB's schedule rank is 85. Hmmm.. 31-5 vs. a 85th ranked schedule, or 28-10 vs. the 34th ranked schedule. 85th ranked wow. I thought somewhere a DB person said something about how DB always has to play the toughest teams when they come to Knoxville. Imagine how low their rank would be if they played the easier teams... kind of like 7 of the teams in their district.

my bad ihavenofriends, just tryin to make a ppoint...but anyways...thats why everybody hates on DB. they make excuse after excuse after excuse. farragut lost tonight and you dont see ANY of their fans making excuses or complaining about missed calls/ blown calls, etc. and you say we are the fans who are classless. really now?