Science Hill Football 2007

topvol98

I would like this thread to be about the kids and how they are responding to the new coaching staff at Science Hill but I know the haters will turn it into something ugly but let's start talking. Spring pratice finally kicks off tomorrow with some welcomed changes in the coaching staff. The kids, that I talk to with, seem to be pumped up and really looking forward to putting the pads on. In my household this might will be the last spring pratice at SHHS and the gravity is starting to set in on this dad. I'm hoping that some questions start getting answered with the team and that the boys come out of it healthy and motivated. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(compusatman @ May 4 2007 - 05:52 PM) 826451898[/snapback]Would like to watch JC in action TopVol, are the scrimmage dates and times on the on the website?

No, we don't have a very good website for info.

May 11 5pm vs Sullivan Central at Home

May 18 5pm vs South Doyle at Carson-Newman

QUOTE(PRIMETIME OWL @ May 8 2007 - 02:26 PM) 826454519[/snapback]good luck to you guys this year, might see ya in the playoffs again

As long as it's not in the first round at your place, I think that would be a good measuring stick to see the progress.

Depends on whose side your looking from....very bad from Sullivan Central....pretty good from Science Hill's. The offense at times looked like a team that has been learning a new offense for the past week but aththletic talent was evident. Science Hill scored 5 offensive touchdowns( 3 passing and 2 rushing) by my count. Duanah is still in track, Mancuso on the baseball team so there are players that will be on the field in the fall that aren't there now. South Doyle will better tell about the offense when there should be a better defense on the field.

Defense dominated. Central did not get on the board and rarely had a play resulted in positive yardage. I believe that longest play against the 1s was a qb scramble that was ended after about 15 yards from pursuit. There may have been one pass completion for around 25 yards but there had to be at least 8 sacks and they looked like jailbreaks. It's always easier to get a defense with new coaching because it takes less coordination with players moving but these kids didn't let Central believe it was going to do anything from the outset and while there was alot of subbing on the defense they were shutting down everything.

The temperament comes from the scrimmage being against Sullivan Central but there was a nice crowd despite it being on the practice field. It's really hard to watch things there because their are no stands and the 8 foot chained link fence but both schools had good support and that's really encouraging. To be fair, Sullivan Central was in it's first week of spring with a new head coach also. Science Hill showed that it has athletes and it seemed to be way easier on them because of it but I think South Doyle would be a good one for Topper fans to get down to Carson Newman and support the boys from the get go. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...