Science Hill Football 2007

topvol98

The schools can only work with the info provided them and I believe that the AD would do all he can with the info he has available and wouldn't risk the kids season for one individaul. Just funny how this kid transfered from SHHS to DBHS back to SHHS in just one calendar year. I know that Boone was set back a year in developing kids. I know of good kids that have to sit out a year because their parents can no long afford city tuition and had to go to county schools and sit out a year.

Yea, I remember a couple of kids who had to sit out their 10th or 11th grade year when they decided to move from one of the other high schools in carter county to elizabethton. I wonder if "sitting out" only includes games? I'm not sure, I'm probably just wondering out loud how he can play when it is obvious that he can probably play because he has the right address, simple as that.

Good luck to SHHS this year in rebuilding, I think you all will do well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I remember a couple of kids who had to sit out their 10th or 11th grade year when they decided to move from one of the other high schools in carter county to elizabethton. I wonder if "sitting out" only includes games? I'm not sure, I'm probably just wondering out loud how he can play when it is obvious that he can probably play because he has the right address, simple as that.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm doing too. I had to sit an year when my dad had to go Germany for an millitary assignment only to find out later that I should not had to because of the situation. It's hard enough to see a kid sit a year out because of things out of their control but that doesn't look like the case in this situation. I have all the confidence that things will be done to protect the kids/parents who are trying to "work the sytem".

I guess from the outside looking in, it might look like rebuilding but it's alot more of restructering. This team has alot of very good working parts and it looks that they are being put in the right fits.

Yeah, I guess that's what I'm doing too. I had to sit an year when my dad had to go Germany for an millitary assignment only to find out later that I should not had to because of the situation. It's hard enough to see a kid sit a year out because of things out of their control but that doesn't look like the case in this situation. I have all the confidence that things will be done to protect the kids/parents who are trying to "work the sytem".

I guess from the outside looking in, it might look like rebuilding but it's alot more of restructering. This team has alot of very good working parts and it looks that they are being put in the right fits.

I am in total agreement!

Hey, thanks for the well, wish...How do you think those Trailblazers are going to fair this season?

P.S. I'm a "former blazer" myself, from way back.

• 2 weeks later...

Now Cap, you are going to have to break it down so people know exactly what you are talking about

Say about………..four games into the season ask your coach what my statement meant. By then I’m sure he will be able to explain it to you in words that can’t be use on coachT.

• 3 weeks later...

elizabethton will upset jc just wait and see...

Ok, how long should i wait? Anything is possible and I'm not trying to overlook anyone, right now the focus is on Austin East, the frist scrimmage, with the eye to South. All I was expressing that Elizabethton is the team that looks the weakest of the first six teams that Science Hill will face to open the season. Do you Disagree? In case you don't know those teams are Sullivan South, Elizabethton, Morristown West, Sevier County, TN High and Knox Bearden. All of these teams except Betsy could be ranked in the top ten in the state in their classifications. Throw in the fact that it will be Coach Smith's first game at Memorial Stadium and it will be a major uphill battle for the cyclones. This team is more talented than the team that should have won at Betsy last year by three touchdowns. I know that you don't have an Preston Smith's athletic ability at qb and he took a beating last year and this defense will be alot faster and nastier. I'm sure that alot of Elizabethton will be at South as will alot of JC at the Betsy game the following night so we will have a lot more to talk about on August 25th but until then tell me what team on Science Hills schedule do you think that Elizabethton looks better than?