Wartburg Central High

GIBSONJ

The bulldogs are still looking for a coach to take over for the 2007 season, replacing Larry Davis. There are some very talented players on this team, Waylon Niner {6'6" 275} & Timmy Lecomte at Offensive and Defensive Line will be the Studs to watch. And Poole at WR is another one to watch, running around a 4.5 4.6. And the sophomore class coming up is loaded with talent. The future is bright for the Bulldogs of Wartburg Central. Good Luck!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard Niner isn't playing, Poole runs 4.8, and the sophomore class cannot fill the voids in their district. The Juniors and Seniors are gonna have to dig deep to help this team. The Sophomores just aren't physical developed yet. Why don't they get some of them baseball and basketball boys to play? The basketball team has alot of speed. The baseball team has some kids that can run and that got some big kids? The Daugherty kid has the size to play football why dont he play? Jordan hamby? There is size in tha school, and quickness. I hope these kids come out and play with the new coach, whoever it may be. BEst of Luck Dogs.

Wartburg will make a decision on their head coach this Friday, May 11th. As for a scrimmage, I talked to interim coach Dan Shoemaker a couple of weeks back and he is conducting workouts and taking the team through spring with fundamentals being emphasized. No scrimmage is scheduled. Everybody needs to support whatever coach they hire and get behind the kids. After all, the kids are what is improtant. Wartburg has several key players back and some exciting young players coming up.

I truly feel bad for Wartburg in this situation. 1. No truly good coach is going to want to get paid only I think 3,000? a year to coach there + teaching is under 30,000 I think. 2. No good coach will come there because its nearly impossible to compete in that region with the kids are Wartburg (only maybe once every few years) 3. His coaching staff under him will be all volunteers, if I'm correct. Position coaches mean a lot also. 4. Hes coming in and expected to turn this Wartburg team around and stop being satisfied with maybe beating Coalfield every few years. 5. Wartburg has some great kids, but will they play and work hard?

Thats a hard situation for any coach to go in there. Money being most important factor. I might be wrong on that part so correct me if I am. KingB let us know on here how things turn out.

Fearbong,

I think u laid out some good points but I don't think anyone is expecting the new coach to come in & just start winning right away. I would say most Wartburg folks or atleast the ones I have talked to would be satisfied with just getting a well disciplined team that will atleast compete with the teams they are expected to compete against & win the games they are expected to win, & then hopefully compete for a playoff spot later on down the road. Thats just what some Wartburg people told me & I think that is reasonable goals.

Saw a little of spring practice yesterday before leaving for the baseball game. Not a lot of bodies, but the ones there were really getting after each other. They had four tackling drills going on at one time, and then a horn would sound and they would rotate to another. Lots of work, no body standing around.

QUOTE(knockknock @ May 8 2007 - 06:57 PM) 826454783[/snapback]Saw a little of spring practice yesterday before leaving for the baseball game. Not a lot of bodies, but the ones there were really getting after each other. They had four tackling drills going on at one time, and then a horn would sound and they would rotate to another. Lots of work, no body standing around.

Who is the new coach?

QUOTE(knockknock @ May 9 2007 - 11:46 AM) 826455382[/snapback]They say Coach Shoemaker is running practice until another coach is named. The new coach will be selected this week. He was out there with three or four other coaches. Practice was intense.

I have been running the spring practice until a new coach is in place. We have had some good work this Spring and the kids and coaches are working hard. Will be glad when we get our spring sports folks get out there with us. Kids are really eager for the new coach to be named.

Coach Shoe

QUOTE(coachshoe @ May 9 2007 - 10:50 AM) 826455443[/snapback]I have been running the spring practice until a new coach is in place. We have had some good work this Spring and the kids and coaches are working hard. Will be glad when we get our spring sports folks get out there with us. Kids are really eager for the new coach to be named.

Coach Shoe

Good luck to you guys!