7AAA District Tourney

fudge

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(binns37388 @ May 6 2007 - 01:29 PM) 826452883[/snapback]The District 9A tournament is played at Middle Tennessee Christian School in Mufreesboro and not at Smyrna.

Excuse me........never saw the A instead of AAA's. I still think you get why they didn't play though, don't you?

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 6 2007 - 01:36 PM) 826452888[/snapback]Excuse me........never saw the A instead of AAA's. I still think you get why they didn't play though, don't you?

I understand why they may be a little more cautious, but I didn't think MTCS, Oakland and Siegel were that far apart. I agree that lives mean much more than playing games and taking a chance with lightning. I was just curious why District 7AAA didn't play at least some of their games. District 9A was supposed to play 3 games on Friday and played 2 and they were scheduled to play 4 games on Saturday and played 3. We were very fortunate at the District 8AAA tournament in Tullahoma to be right on schedule and could be the only tourney in middle tn that hasn't been delayed at all because of the rain.

As I said, I live b/t Siegel and Oakland.....the schools are 3 miles apart. It was lightening like crazy at my house with a threat of hail and high winds. Teams have to drive in from Warren County, Cookeville, and White County. That is a nice little drive. You don't want them in transit and have to turn around. The travel weather also has to be considered for these teams. There were several tornando warnings out on Saturday. Not sure what it was doing at MTCS, but I can drive to Walmart near MTSU and get drenched and go home to a dry as bone yard that didn't get a drop.

QUOTE(2priceless @ May 6 2007 - 12:57 PM) 826452904[/snapback]As I said, I live b/t Siegel and Oakland.....the schools are 3 miles apart. It was lightening like crazy at my house with a threat of hail and high winds. Teams have to drive in from Warren County, Cookeville, and White County. That is a nice little drive. You don't want them in transit and have to turn around. The travel weather also has to be considered for these teams. There were several tornando warnings out on Saturday. Not sure what it was doing at MTCS, but I can drive to Walmart near MTSU and get drenched and go home to a dry as bone yard that didn't get a drop.

actually on saturday all the teams had already arrived at the game..

Binns i think some of it has to do with game time...I dont konw what they did at MTCS but on friday from 2-4 it was nice and then the it rained at 1:00 and then it got real nice and then the floods came again at 4:00 however with the rain still in the forcast siegel went a head and canceeled their game while they were about ot start at oakland when they had to kill it....on SATURDAY oakland started earlier in the day so the got SOME of the first game in but could not finish because at 2:00 which was game time (my boys were out there and said ti was a lake in the outfeild) the floods came so they stopped one game and didnt even start the next. so if they had earlier game times they could have gotten a few games in it has been some bad luck and bad timing