7AAA District Tourney

fudge

QUOTE(steal3rdbase @ May 11 2007 - 05:01 PM) 826457453[/snapback]Honestly, who cares?

I mean i was just wondering..if you dont care, then y are u posting?

Magoo: As for cookeville bunting, if you can get a hit by bunting thats just as good as stroking one...ur on base. It doesnt matter.

As for stealing up 14-0, i am an aggressive person, i wouldnt stop going after runs until im up 20 to nothing, BUT people can have their own opinions.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(icecold06 @ May 11 2007 - 03:06 PM) 826457421[/snapback]somebody please explain to me how breaking up a perfect game by trying to bunt is garbage as a competitor arent you supposed to do everything in your power to try to win as long as it is within the rules of the game it makes no sense to me to go along with letting someone no hit you, thats just stupid to me

Great game by Oakland, goes double for Brett last night. He has been amazing this year, of course the whole team has but you could argue that has pitched as well as anyone with each passing start. I think Oakland would have won easily given how many games Oakland had to play versus how many Cookeville had to play, but Cookeville made for an easy target given their the reason why Oakland is 40-1 and not 41-0. Regardless, I hope to see both teams play each other for the region championship. Coach Chaffin has my vote for COY

QUOTE(magoo043 @ May 11 2007 - 06:50 PM) 826457540[/snapback]k? There is no way a bunt was going to start a 15 run rally!!!!!!!! if it was, then stealing third when they were up 14-0 is ok because no lead is safe.

Ok if you were down 14 to nothing would you bunt if the pticher had struck out everyone? First off I would as a player just so I wouldn't be another strike out to him and if i'm in Cookeville's spot i'd bunt just to break up the no no. If the kid bunted and got out there would be no talk about this. I love the move by Tubbs he bunts a lot it's not like he is a power hitter and just bunted for the first time ever.

QUOTE(smiley01 @ May 11 2007 - 07:50 PM) 826457581[/snapback]Ok if you were down 14 to nothing would you bunt if the pticher had struck out everyone? First off I would as a player just so I wouldn't be another strike out to him and if i'm in Cookeville's spot i'd bunt just to break up the no no. If the kid bunted and got out there would be no talk about this. I love the move by Tubbs he bunts a lot it's not like he is a power hitter and just bunted for the first time ever.

I think bunting in that situation is just an act of desperation. You stand a better chance of getting on trying to swing away, but given how well Brett was pitching, I cant blame them, but Its a shame his perfect game got broken up like that

QUOTE(OaklandBasketball @ May 11 2007 - 08:20 PM) 826457589[/snapback]I think bunting in that situation is just an act of desperation. You stand a better chance of getting on trying to swing away, but given how well Brett was pitching, I cant blame them, but Its a shame his perfect game got broken up like that

Most of his strikes out weren't looking they were mostly swinging maybe all but 3 or 4 so obviously swinging wasn't working haha

QUOTE(smiley01 @ May 11 2007 - 08:39 PM) 826457597[/snapback]Most of his strikes out weren't looking they were mostly swinging maybe all but 3 or 4 so obviously swinging wasn't working haha

the pitcher was awesome, most dominating i have seen this season. Why not try to break his rytham with bunt. It was the only chance they had get on base. forget the old school rules. get on base if you can

QUOTE(JohnDoe @ May 11 2007 - 04:10 PM) 826457454[/snapback]I mean i was just wondering..if you dont care, then y are u posting?

Magoo: As for cookeville bunting, if you can get a hit by bunting thats just as good as stroking one...ur on base. It doesnt matter.

As for stealing up 14-0, i am an aggressive person, i wouldnt stop going after runs until im up 20 to nothing, BUT people can have their own opinions.

Big difference in being down by 14 and up by 14, especially in the district championship. A bunt hit can spark a come back. And if you steal until you are up by 20, a lot of your batters would be on base via hit by pitch.

QUOTE(davidlimbaugh @ May 10 2007 - 10:11 PM) 826456918[/snapback]Yes and no.

Yes, I have them.

No, I can't release them until the local media releases it.......

But they weren't facing a left-hander throwing in the mid-80s after driving up and down I-40 on a school bus for 5 straight days and nights - LOL!!!!

Any idea when the they will release the all district team.