Elizabethton Football

I agree it was dumb dropping Greeneville. They picked up Happy Valley and that is stupid. HV is awful right now and all you can do is lose you cannot win in that game. To make matters worse is it is a Home and Home. I would like to know who did that and have them answer the question as to why. Playing DB will be a beating every year but they make money. Their out of conference games should be Science Hill, Greeneville and Boone.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Brian for your comments. We in Greeneville actually found out only couple of weeks ago that we had been dropped and believe it or not it was through this ETown thread discussing their schedule. Due to our Good to Great relationships in all sports you would have thought we would have been notified. We now have nine games. I know there has been a lot of chaos in Betsy, but I hate seeing this rivalry go. First game in 1924 and we have played continuosly for the last 53 years.

2 schools that play all the TSSAA sports, play up in classification, and never backdown from anyone win or lose ought play each other. Besides the $$$.

Best wishes this year.

Thanks Brian for your comments. We in Greeneville actually found out only couple of weeks ago that we had been dropped and believe it or not it was through this ETown thread discussing their schedule. Due to our Good to Great relationships in all sports you would have thought we would have been notified. We now have nine games. I know there has been a lot of chaos in Betsy, but I hate seeing this rivalry go. First game in 1924 and we have played continuosly for the last 53 years.

2 schools that play all the TSSAA sports, play up in classification, and never backdown from anyone win or lose ought play each other. Besides the $$$.

Best wishes this year.

well i guess some one has to fire this up so i guess i will. I think Eliz was tired of losing and didn't want it to be a 9 year losing streak. plus they are winning in the over all wins so sure why not get out why your ahead right.

well i guess some one has to fire this up so i guess i will. I think Eliz was tired of losing and didn't want it to be a 9 year losing streak. plus they are winning in the over all wins so sure why not get out why your ahead right.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I dont think it had nothing to do with losing because every game in the past has been pretty close with a couple of blow outs!! But to hear the EHS coaches talk is that greenville never got back to them about playing this year,which i find hard to believe!!!Lets see ,you have played each other for 52 years odds are your going play them the next year dont you think!! And playing DB is no money game anymore because they dont bring the crowds anymore! They are playing HV for one reason and that is money!!! Plus know that dead time is about to start they want name a coach for a while because they don t have to!! But let see the first step is to coach the coaches you have and then the players right, so during dead time the new head coach could be getting a game plan together but not us!! It is sad the current players dont even know what they will be running in just under 2 months nor do they Know who they ll play for as coach! And we want them to come out like gangbusters but in truth it will be 4 weeks into the season before we even start clicking!! That the cold hard truth!!

Thanks to everyone for your support tonight at pizza inn for the CYCLONE TOUCHDOWN CLUB and the team we had a good turn out!!

Orange and black I have a similiar take. It's just confusing as all get out in Betsy town. Fortunately the game with the Cyclones was away and we will not lose any money, but we lose a great competetive game and a long strong tradition.

Hope you get a coach in the next few days as you guys could have a tough year even with some top ball players.

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" I dont think it had nothing to do with losing because every game in the past has been pretty close with a couple of blow outs!! But to hear the EHS coaches talk is that greenville never got back to them about playing this year,which i find hard to believe!!!Lets see ,you have played each other for 52 years odds are your going play them the next year dont you think!! And playing DB is no money game anymore because they dont bring the crowds anymore! They are playing HV for one reason and that is money!!! Plus know that dead time is about to start they want name a coach for a while because they don t have to!! But let see the first step is to coach the coaches you have and then the players right, so during dead time the new head coach could be getting a game plan together but not us!! It is sad the current players dont even know what they will be running in just under 2 months nor do they Know who they ll play for as coach! And we want them to come out like gangbusters but in truth it will be 4 weeks into the season before we even start clicking!! That the cold hard truth!!

Thanks to everyone for your support tonight at pizza inn for the CYCLONE TOUCHDOWN CLUB and the team we had a good turn out!!

agree 100% its down to the wire now

Krispy Kreme Karl heard down here in Middle Tennessee that the coach would be announced sometime Saturday up there. Krispy Kreme Karl wants to know what's going on Saturday that would be big to announce it at? Krispy Kreme Karl hopes your board of 'ED' gets it figured out soon or Krispy Kreme Karl thinks your kids will be at Krich's Unaka and Topper78's Science Hill. Krispy Kreme Karl says he'll come pick up the good football players in a donutmobile and they can live with him in Red Boiling Springs. Krispy Kreme Karl's Red Bulldogs could use a little help on the field. Krispy Kreme Karl was a part of the last team that won a game there, several ages ago. Krispy Kreme Karl wants to know where the Star is in all this mess. Krispy Kreme Karl remembers being at Milligan Krispy Kreme Karl's senior year when they got a shot of Bernie Young sneaking out the back of that Dr. Sams' office. Krispy Kreme Karl wants to know why starman and acdcfan don't have their secret cameramen anymore! Krispy Kreme Karl thinks 'ED' hill could be benefitted by some cameramen. Krispy Kreme Karl is going to eat some donuts and go sleep. By the way, Krispy Kreme Karl's buddy Chopper said 'Duh-Huh.' He said you all would know what he means.

I think this weekend is Jason Witten's football camp in Elizabethton. Hopefully Shawn will take the job and jumpstart this administration into filling these three coaching vacancies. Its amazing to me that its taken so long as this all started in early April when the AD and principal jobs involuntarily came open. The cold truth is Alexander made the decision to remove these two administrators last year. They never had a chance with him.

i have to agree with a earlier post-- We want know who the coach is till the dead period. The kids are excited and want to get started learning a new system, they have been working hard. a few of the Sr. on the team told me they had something to prove. They was not happy with things last year and was ashamed of the way the season turned out.