Region 5-5a

The defending champions (Gallatin) lost most of their team from last year.The team down the road (Hendersonville) looked awful in their scrimmage against Wilson central a team they dismembered last year.So that leaves the metro schools.Maybe Hunters Lane i think they will be the trendy pick to win this region but this region is as up in the air as its ever been i think.Whats does everyone else think?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Last year's finish and comments:

1 Gallatin is the champs until someone beats them.

2 Hunters Lane advanced to Round 3 but lost a lot of play makers.

3 Hendersonville is always tough.

4 Antioch is loaded with talent.

5 Overton was the best team around to miss the playoffs.

6 McGavock missed the playoffs, will they bounce back?

7 Glencliff has players, but lacks discipline.

8 Hillwood needs to return to 4A.

Gallatin and Hendersonvlle will be on top , although Antioch has the best talent [ 4 years in a row ], Hunters Lane will not be in the top 3, Overton needs to add someone to coach the offense, McGavock will not be a factor, and Glencliff and Hillwood are a joke.

well rumors is antioch is loaded an has everybody an size an they are picked to win , sadly people doubt hunters lane willl make the playoffs since they say hunterslane lost alot of talent last year an they dont have a good QB or RB or DEFENSE well im pretty sure that was said last year an look what happened with hard work anything is possible an thata what hunters lane does best but even though there will be alot of first year starters I feel they will be ready an Gallatin ofcourse they lost talent but dont worry they will make the playoffs they allways have some kind of G-town hero on the team an Hendersonville its been alot of talk about there team i dont know what to think im sure its not true that ther O-line is benching 200pounds i HIGHLY doubt that they always are blessed with size an talent so im sure they will be in a race for 3rd place an overton is another team they have talent coming back on defense an offense so they will be ready i believe they will be in the hunt to win the region an the cinderalla team believe it or not will be HILLWOOD with their new coach i believe he will put these boys on the right track plus they have size an talent an strength at both ends of the ball especially there o-line, an there FB is a beast so look for hillwood to cause so problems i see them as the vanderbilt of 5-5A they might make the playoffs might not but for sure they will cause problems for all there opposing teams I guess there rebuilding years finally have paid off an glencliff i have not heard much about them theyh just need more discipline an more team members an mcgavok is another team thats had a chance they have speed this year an pretty much equal on both sides of the ball

this is how i see it going

1.Antioch-loaded an well coached should win the region an this year make it to the quarterfinals

2.Gallatin- Size, strength second most talented in region

3-Hunters Lane-new names to made an talent coming back they are strong at line backer an the defensive back but the offense an defense will either make or break them

*overton-well balanced on both ends

*Hendersonville- no one knows what to believe some say good year others say REAL bad year

*Mcgavok-has speed an raw talent

***HILLWOOD- alot of size an speed if they can get it together they will make a run

that font is just atrocious...

BTW on Overton, i think they could very well end up in 2nd place in the region.

ALot of young players will step it up,plus with Cole Patterson stepping at QB they will have a much more efficient and effective passing game this upcoming season,than the previous season under Jordan Hale.

Jus because U guys put Hunters Lane down, that just makes us work twice as hard... So I guess we'll have 2 wait and see how it turns out.But 1 thing I can promise is that Hunters Lane definitely won't be a roll over game. Anybody that plays us will have 2 beat us. We won't be like the Hunters Lane of last year. That team beat itself in every loss we had... This year were goin to make u have 2 beat us.I honestly feel that the only team that could beat Hunters Lane last year Was Hunters Lane.You'll see the difference this year.

I dont see hendersonville being as strong as they did last year, if they play well of course they can still make the playoffs, but the region is a toss up i have antioch winning, with a much improved hillwood team, and of course mcgavock and overton always being in the mix, it will be a tough race for the 4th spot in the region.

Antioch will be tested early as they open with Riverdale this year. It will be a test for both teams. May be one of the better opening games in the midstate.

Antioch opens with MBA in Week 0. Riverdale and Antioch will be one of the better games in Week 1. Riverdale opens with Oakland in Week 0. It will be one of the better games in the area as well.