Who's pitching in the Ripley vs USJ-District 14AA Semi=final?

necvol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(necvol @ May 6 2007 - 07:46 PM) 826453091[/snapback]Who will be on the mound for Ripley? I'm guessing Gant will throw for the Bruins or will it be Fesmire? Should be a good game!

GO BRUINS!!!

Who are the teams that are out of the district tournment in that distirct?

QUOTE(Mel Clark @ May 6 2007 - 08:52 PM) 826453097[/snapback]Who are the teams that are out of the district tournment in that distirct?

So far, only Haywood is out. Covington vs. Northside on Monday and the loser is out. USJ vs. Ripley later in the evening. The lefty looked good for Ripley on Sat vs. Covington.

QUOTE(necvol @ May 6 2007 - 08:46 PM) 826453091[/snapback]Who will be on the mound for Ripley? I'm guessing Gant will throw for the Bruins or will it be Fesmire? Should be a good game!

GO BRUINS!!!

Don't quite know who will be pitching for Ripley--Zach Lewis has pitched in several games since his injury trying to get back; could be Jeffrey Edwards, a lefty, or Miller Scoggins, a righty.

QUOTE(deergirl @ May 7 2007 - 01:15 PM) 826453564[/snapback]Don't quite know who will be pitching for Ripley--Zach Lewis has pitched in several games since his injury trying to get back; could be Jeffrey Edwards, a lefty, or Miller Scoggins, a righty.

im not sure but it looked like they all had to throw in this game and all gave up a long amount of runs. usj bats were rolling

QUOTE(TNSportFan1 @ May 7 2007 - 09:46 PM) 826453960[/snapback]im not sure but it looked like they all had to throw in this game and all gave up a long amount of runs. usj bats were rolling

Not correct. Ripley had at least three other pichers capable of making the game competitive. It appeared as though USJ was in for another big win by a landslide, but Ripley never gave up and finally caught up with Gant in the latter innings. 12:7 was the final, but USJ had all they wanted towards the end. Good thing it didn't go another two or three innings. One thing is for sure, last years great showing in the post season by 14AA was no fluke. You other AA teams beware of these two teams from the hottest district in the state. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

That was a good game. Both fans were civil. Congratulations!

USJ 12, Ripley 7

Ripley 101 112 1 - 7 10 1

USJ 351 102 X - 12 13 4

WP: Clayton Gant (10-1). LP: Zach Lewis.

2B: R - Tyler Rogers 2, Wade Vandergriff, Jeffrey Edwards; U - Jon Wills, Will Glenn.

3B: U - Hunter Smith, Wills.

HR: R - Dalton Edenfield; U - Preston Overbey (11).

Leading hitters: R - Rogers 3-5, Khayyan Norfork 2-4, Vandergriff 2-5; U - Josh Liles 3-4, Overbey 3-4, Wills 2-3, Glenn 3-4.

Records: U 33-5.

Player of the game: John Wills. Good stick, but great defensive plays.

QUOTE(Law&Order @ May 8 2007 - 08:56 AM) 826454251[/snapback]Not correct. Ripley had at least three other pichers capable of making the game competitive. It appeared as though USJ was in for another big win by a landslide, but Ripley never gave up and finally caught up with Gant in the latter innings. 12:7 was the final, but USJ had all they wanted towards the end. Good thing it didn't go another two or three innings. One thing is for sure, last years great showing in the post season by 14AA was no fluke. You other AA teams beware of these two teams from the hottest district in the state. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

It is a 2 team district so far. They had better be ready for the best of the rest.

QUOTE(SaintKnute @ May 8 2007 - 09:13 AM) 826454265[/snapback]It is a 2 team district so far. They had better be ready for the best of the rest.

I think both of those teams are looking forward to crossing over in the region. Hopefully, it should be some good action from all sides. Good luck!

I thought Ripley did a nice job of staying in the game last night. They took advantage of mistakes in the field, and really battled at the plate! The shortstop was impressive both in the field and at the plate. They had one lefty who hit the ball hard all over the field as well!! I've seen both teams play better defensively, but errors happen. Who's idea was it to invite Helen Keller to be the official scorer though????????? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was about to leave early, but Ripley made it very interesting with big hits throughout the whole game. Very impressed with Rogers hitting, he turned on a fastball with power.

Wills & Glenn also looked good @ the plate. Wills also made some big time plays to keep Ripley from scoring.

I haved watched these two play the last two years and it has normally been one sided other than the close game they played last year. Ripley never gave up,but the RF killed them & was a huge difference in the game.

Now I call alot of Juco games I can't understand Ripley only getting charged with one error, I counted five by Ripley alone that I would have charged them with.

If I was USJ and Ripley beats Covington I would not throw Gant , because this would be the third time seeing him and the way they hit him last night could be a big Boo Boo to throw him again.

I did hear a few neg. comments between both teams fans, but not as bad as everyone said the first meeting was.

When will the other two USJ players be eligible? Barclay is one of them right?

You heard it here first! ( My State Picks)

A - Halls / Huntingdon - seen Halls once very impressed with there sticks & defense.

AA - USJ- overall dominate

AAA - Bartlett- same as USJ Dominate top to bottom.

QUOTE(wes_c_addle @ May 8 2007 - 09:27 AM) 826454276[/snapback]I thought Ripley did a nice job of staying in the game last night. They took advantage of mistakes in the field, and really battled at the plate! The shortstop was impressive both in the field and at the plate. They had one lefty who hit the ball hard all over the field as well!! I've seen both teams play better defensively, but errors happen. Who's idea was it to invite Helen Keller to be the official scorer though????????? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I was wondering if anyone else had issues with the official scorer. Ripley had more errors than what was indicated on the scoreboard. When there were questionable plays as far as USJ, it was always scored an error for USJ--Ripley was not that fortunate--most of the questionable plays were shown as hits for USJ. I think Ripley showed great heart! It would have been easy to give up, but they didn't. They kept plugging, hitting, and making the plays--the majority of the time. I wish the Tigers could have one game with USJ when silly errors were kept to 1-2. Who knows--it may be a different outcome.